Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by popmagnet
Is this the case even when travelling to England? I can't see any indication that you need to take a test to fly domestically within the UK.
There are no testing requirements for travelling from Belfast to the mainland or whatever you want to call it. And if there were there would be blue bloody murder.
popmagnet likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Aer Lingus further extended both Mainline and Regional frequency reductions and cancelations to the UK today from DUB BHD ORK SNN . No real surprise . Some axed up until 30/10.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Aer Lingus further extended both Mainline and Regional frequency reductions and cancelations to the UK today from DUB BHD ORK SNN . No real surprise . Some axed up until 30/10.
Be great if they would get in touch wit people who have bookings where flights have clearly been cancelled and allow them to rebook.

Two emails and a phone message left and no information. Flights in a little over three weeks. Total pain at this stage.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Originally Posted by alserire
Be great if they would get in touch wit people who have bookings where flights have clearly been cancelled and allow them to rebook.

Two emails and a phone message left and no information. Flights in a little over three weeks. Total pain at this stage.
Tweet @AerLingus they responded within 30 mins.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by MM00LL2
Tweet @AerLingus they responded within 30 mins.
Don't do twitter

Finally got someone today. Told me flights are still operating. Just not for sale.

Yeah. Right. At least they confirmed that I'd get at least two weeks' notice of cancellation.

Very messy indeed.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Some pretty long range EIR cancellations have been announced .

MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Seems even with these EU Digital certs being issued that Aer Lingus dont expect a surge in bookings as more flights axed .

Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:28 pm

Need clarification on those cancellation charts, Dellas

Newb to the forums here. What does DOOP stand for and what numbers relate to which days of the week? Do the numbers/days signify days of the week that are now out of service or days of the week that are still being operated?

Supposed to fly from Dublin to Dubrovnik in September and trying to figure out ahead of time if my flight is being cancelled. Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aperry932
Newb to the forums here. What does DOOP stand for and what numbers relate to which days of the week? Do the numbers/days signify days of the week that are now out of service or days of the week that are still being operated?

Supposed to fly from Dublin to Dubrovnik in September and trying to figure out ahead of time if my flight is being cancelled. Thanks!
Days of operation

Monday flight is canceled DUB - DBV
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:16 am

Booked two flights a month ago. All four sectors cancelled. Now that my silver status runs to November 2022 I'm using LH via FRA now for a while. More reliable. Will go back to EI in November and look to start earning again towards the next year's card. But at the moment the cancellations are just too much of a nightmare.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:29 am
Original Poster

More US cancelations announced

Old Jul 25, 2021, 2:05 am

Thank you, DELLAS, for keeping the thread up with the charts. Looks like EI are also changing around the times. I have a reservation DUB/IAD on a Monday in August and was relieved to see "1" not added as a dropped day of the week. Sadly, they've moved that flight south by 2 hours (from 12:35 to 14:45, now arriving IAD at 17:40) and that makes the connection on UA onward from IAD at 17:45 impossible to do. Pity, since I just got offered and paid for a dirt cheap upgrade on UA to first. (Yes, I know, US domestic first class is nothing to write home about but the booking is for someone else who would appreciate it especially after 8 hours over the Atlantic.)

I am now torn. Part of me wants to see what EI winds up doing, but the other part wants to book a (100€ cheaper) return via BOS instead and simply cancel this booking no matter what happens.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Rumours of more cancellations on European routes today - any insight DELLAS?

Pilot37
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Rumours of more cancellations on European routes today - any insight DELLAS?

Pilot37
Yes there are some more to come but no specifics yet . The other day they axed more UK Mainline LGW LHR BHX MAN rotations until Mid September along with some BHD - LHR and ORK - LHR . So the EU ones should not be long coming through .
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Yes there are some more to come but no specifics yet . The other day they axed more UK Mainline LGW LHR BHX MAN rotations until Mid September along with some BHD - LHR and ORK - LHR . So the EU ones should not be long coming through .
The question now becomes when can you book, secure in the knowledge that your flight will actually depart.

They're treading a dangerous path in my view. Other airlines are returning to normal. EI not even close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.