Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alserire
Surely they’ll reverse at least some west coast cancellations with today’s announcement?
Hard to know it still will take a while for demand to bounce back and it will be JFK BOS ORD MCO that will see demand the most .
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:13 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
SFO is the likely target

Great from Christmas, but we are approaching the traditionally weak demand period, Nov/Jan/Feb. Someone is watching bookings and they will see what the demand is to SFO and others based on tickets sold via BOS/JFK/ORD
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:56 am

Lhr-dub only 5 rotations per day next week so demand flat? I guess ei will be hoping for slot waiver utilisation exemption to continue for winter at lhr
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mailliW
Lhr-dub only 5 rotations per day next week so demand flat? I guess ei will be hoping for slot waiver utilisation exemption to continue for winter at lhr
The kids are back at school and Summer holiday season over. Business traffic picking up but not enough to reintroduce more rotations. The flights that are operating are around 70-80% full from my travels over the last few weeks so probably enough for the time being. We may see extra put on for Christmas but from now until the October bank holiday when the kids are off again and then November to 15/12 it will be quiet. I noticed the drop in activity in Dublin Airport last week compared to the previous weeks.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
The kids are back at school and Summer holiday season over. Business traffic picking up but not enough to reintroduce more rotations. The flights that are operating are around 70-80% full from my travels over the last few weeks so probably enough for the time being. We may see extra put on for Christmas but from now until the October bank holiday when the kids are off again and then November to 15/12 it will be quiet. I noticed the drop in activity in Dublin Airport last week compared to the previous weeks.
Have border force ceased informal checks on ei passengers arriving into Heathrow? It was case in Mar, Apr and may that border force would be waiting at gate to quiz passengers.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
According to their latest promotional email, EWR restarts on 14 November and MCO from 27 December.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by DELLAS
I noticed the drop in activity in Dublin Airport last week compared to the previous weeks.
This is good to know, thanks DELLAS. I could do without the 4am start.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mailliW
Have border force ceased informal checks on ei passengers arriving into Heathrow? It was case in Mar, Apr and may that border force would be waiting at gate to quiz passengers.
Yes they have now gone . No checks at all now. Ive flown into both LGW and LHR . LGW is going into the North Terminal currently while the South Terminal is renovated. We were bussed to Domestic arrivals and again no checks .
mailliW likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:27 am

SFO next summer is for sale on other OTAs but not aerlingus.com. Is there a date yet when that flight comes back, or is this a sign they don’t want to sell tickets on it yet?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
SFO next summer is for sale on other OTAs but not aerlingus.com. Is there a date yet when that flight comes back, or is this a sign they don’t want to sell tickets on it yet?
It seems to be an SFO and LAX issue. SEA, BOS, ORD, etc all bookable but I just get errors with SFO and LAX.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Some more UK adjustments

Old Sep 24, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
How long do these cancellations usually take to trickle down into the system? I see some of these flights are still on sale...

Edit: I see the flight I am on has now been removed from sale.

Last edited by mrdisco; Sep 24, 2021 at 6:22 am
Old Sep 24, 2021, 7:38 am

Can anyone else pull up flights to/from LAX or SFO?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Can anyone else pull up flights to/from LAX or SFO?
I can get LAX from 9th - 16th July 2022 no problem... (EI 69/68)
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Some good news on the schedules front Belfast to Manchester: Currently a daily service, this will increase to twice daily from 31st October. Belfast to Edinburgh: Currently a daily service, this will increase to 11 flights per week from 31st October. Belfast to London, Heathrow: Three flights daily from 31st October.
Manchester-Barbados: operating non-stop from Manchester Airport to Barbados, 2 flights per week (Wednesday, Saturday) from 20th Oct to the 30th October, increasing to 3 flights per week (Wednesday, Friday, Sunday) from November through to the end of April ’22.
Manchester to New York, JFK: Daily flights, non-stop from Manchester Airport to New York, JFK from 1st December.
Manchester to Orlando: 4 flights per week, non-stop from Manchester Airport to Orlando from 11th December.
MM00LL2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.