Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2021, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MM00LL2
DUB-BCN on 03/07 and on random other days is now showing as sold out! Anyone got any insight? I'm hoping it's cancelled so I can get refund. Fingers crossed
Yes Aer Lingus have further axed the majority of the European schedule until 18/7. Call them up and request a cash refund get a case reference you should have back to your card in 7-10 days. Dont use online form it takes longer.
MM00LL2 likes this.

Last edited by DELLAS; May 19, 2021 at 2:38 am
Old May 19, 2021, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Is Toronto cancelled until fall schedule?

Seems to be gone until October but retrieving my August booking in the Aer Lingus App doesn’t result in an error nor does the BA app suggest there is an issue. Anyone know what’s happening? Side question, although perhaps better asked in BA is if BA will rebook onto BA services for a BA Avios redemption ticket in such a circumstance (without added cost or Avios).

Last edited by Altaflyer; May 19, 2021 at 9:51 pm
Old May 20, 2021, 3:55 am
Original Poster

The USA/Canada updates are due shortly so we will know more then.
Old May 20, 2021, 7:46 am
Original Poster

USA / Canada has just been announced further cancelled until 18th July.
Old May 20, 2021, 8:56 am
Original Poster

ORK and SNN cancelations coming in . Some can be attributed to the closure of the runway at ORK from Mid Sept to end November but many are outside of those dates.

ORK - ACE July and Aug axed.
SNN-EDI and SNN- BHX from 31/10 many axed.
ORK-DBV for July and Aug axed.
Some reductions on ORK - MAN.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus
Does anyone have a view on how quickly it would take EI to remobilise once restrictions are lifted? What kind of notice do they need from an operations perspective to be able to reinstate routes at short notice? I'd imagine there's quite a lot of pent up demand.

As someone who has recently relocated to ORK, I hope the answer is "very quickly" with ORK being prioritised !
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
I'd imagine quite quickly

As soon as Hungary went on the Green list last year, flights to Budapest appeared the next day for flights 2 weeks away. Assuming a plan with dates is published we could see services start quite quickly. 4 weeks notice of major changes in travel would be needed to mobilise everything. Sufficient time to get bookings in and to get crews and equipment ready. The problem is the plan has been a certainty. If we get told full unrestricted travel IE-UK from July 1st say that would be huge, but don't expect a full service to LHR but elsewhere winter service would be likely

The fleet has changed, 3 A321 are about to be coke cans and a few A320's have gone off lease, but a few A321NEO's have appeared, I think EI could get to a full winter schedule fairly easily, its doesn't have staff for a full Summer schedule.
Old May 21, 2021, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Aer Lingus have now axed the DUB - ACE route until end of June . This was one of the few routes that had some sort of frequency since last year.
Dambus and MM00LL2 like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I called Aer Lingus and they said my Aug 20 YYZ-DUB and Sept 20 DUB-YYZ are indeed cancelled and not operating. Agent said BA who I booked with would be able to see this and act on the cancellation but when I called them they see the bookings intact. Tracking sites still show these flights but they are not bookable anywhere. What’s going on?

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Seems to be gone until October but retrieving my August booking in the Aer Lingus App doesn’t result in an error nor does the BA app suggest there is an issue. Anyone know what’s happening? Side question, although perhaps better asked in BA is if BA will rebook onto BA services for a BA Avios redemption ticket in such a circumstance (without added cost or Avios).
Old May 24, 2021, 11:17 am
Original Poster

There can be a delay of about a week between Aer Lingus removing flights from sale and a triggering of a cancelation in the booking systems. If it has already gone past that window then BA need to sort it out with Aer Lingus.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EI game plan 4-6 weeks ahead of departure when they plan not to operate

1. Stop bookings
2. Notify passengers that they can change flights for free, this is a subtle attempt to get you to rebook to something else and hopefully pay a fare difference or take a voucher
3. +7 days, send the cancellation notification out
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Yes a few of us copped onto this system early on in my personal experience there were 5 days between the “plans can change” email then being emailed a “your flights cancelled” email. For some the emails were a welcome relief and rather then opt for free changes they waited the 5 days then got their money back as they were on Saver / Plus fares.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Hypothetically

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Have booked all upcoming travel ex-BHD as the situation regarding DUB is just ridiculous. I have to go to London several times in May and early June, and also going to AGP end of June.
Its a shame what the irish govt are doing to EI and DUB. And as eamon ryan said on radio this morning, he believes they can justify everything they have done so far in the name of public health, ie. their get out of jail free card
Pending any further changes do I understand correctly that the only current requirements for both adults/kids travelling in and out of BHD are a negative test result (or proof of full vaccination) in both directions taken within 72 hours prior to travel and completion of UK passenger locator form on return?
Old May 28, 2021, 12:13 am

July 19 is the magic day where travel will again be permitted. If you are vaccinated and have proof thats all you need
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 12:54 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dambus
Pending any further changes do I understand correctly that the only current requirements for both adults/kids travelling in and out of BHD are a negative test result (or proof of full vaccination) in both directions taken within 72 hours prior to travel and completion of UK passenger locator form on return?
thats correct
Dambus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.