Voucher Option

Old Jul 2, 20, 3:45 am

Programs: gerardvowles
Hi Folks,
I applied for my voucher on march 23rd, received a confirmation email to say they received my voucher request. Th flights were booked for early May. Here it is July and still no voucher.
My brother in law applied for his vouchers for the smae flights 2 days after i had, and has received his voucher and activation code.
Can anyone shed light on how aerlingus are processing the vouchers? im getting a little annoyed at the moment as there is no response on any of the "customer Support" angles.
cheers
Old Jul 10, 20, 9:41 pm

I noticed today that Aer Lingus has now cancelled flights from IAD -> DUB through Sept 13. My flight - scheduled on Sept 12 - is no longer available on their website. My 90% cancellation confidence level from 11 days ago has now reached 100%.

Interestingly, I have not received an email from the airline advising me that my flight has been cancelled. The cynic in me wonders if they will delay the notification to delay the refund?

I am only interested in getting a refund...no vouchers, no rescheduling.

Does anyone have an experience with the time period between cancellation and notification?
Old Jul 11, 20, 12:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
They haven’t cancelled them yet according to CS, they have just stopped selling seats whilst they are under review.

We are due to fly MAN-DUB-IAD on 15th August and they took the IAD flight off sale a few weeks ago. They emailed a week ago to say our MAN-DUB flight has been cancelled and that we would be given an alternative flight option. Still no sign of a new flight, but the original flight is shown as cancelled.

i have been in contact with customer service who have confirmed that requesting a refund would be considered my cancellation at this stage at my own cost. This is because they haven’t updated the reservation to show any changes. A look through Twitter suggests that they are doing this on a rolling basis, only updating bookings to allow you to be eligible to cancel around 21 days before departure.

it is frustrating, but I’m waiting it out as there isn’t much else to do.
Old Jul 13, 20, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gerryvvv View Post
Hi Folks,
I applied for my voucher on march 23rd, received a confirmation email to say they received my voucher request. Th flights were booked for early May. Here it is July and still no voucher.
My brother in law applied for his vouchers for the smae flights 2 days after i had, and has received his voucher and activation code.
Can anyone shed light on how aerlingus are processing the vouchers? im getting a little annoyed at the moment as there is no response on any of the "customer Support" angles.
cheers
Yep, same here - cancelled mid May and still nothing. Chased and last I heard was 8 weeks ago with a standard "we're rather busy and will send you an email." Equivalent BA voucher was in my inbox within 8 hours.
Old Jul 13, 20, 4:12 pm

Voucher option

I知 also awaiting vouchers/refunds Getting rather fed up now
I知 seriously considering trying for a charge back via my credit card company
finchy165 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 20, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Jfm819 View Post
I知 also awaiting vouchers/refunds Getting rather fed up now
I知 seriously considering trying for a charge back via my credit card company
28th March applied to receive Voucher and still no sign.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 20, 6:19 am

Likewise here - After filing for a voucher in mid-March (or thereabouts) I get occasional reassurances on their Twitter CS Messaging of “it’s in progress” but no movement or real info for four months. Increasingly erring toward a credit card claim. Pretty poor performance overall...
Old Aug 12, 20, 9:14 am

Has anyone received a voucher recently? I知 still waiting for a voucher requested on 3 April and I致e noticed the thread has gone quiet.

In my case it was a BOI Aer Credit Card booking so not a huge amount of money (taxes, charges and seating fees) but I知 at the point where I知 probably going to go down the chargeback route as it痴 annoying me.

The irony of raising a chargeback request on the company whose name the card is issued in is not lost on me....
Old Aug 24, 20, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Called Aerlingus today regarding multiple voucher requests submitted on 5th April. Unsurprisingly booking references for period around Easter 2020 weren't visible in the system so agent took all details and escalated with case references ( I didn't get any case references for my original online submissions).

Additionally refund requests which I submitted on 29/6 this time with case references appear to have been stuck in a queue so agent advised both refunds would be received within next 14 business days.

At last some progress!
Old Aug 26, 20, 9:50 am

The 3-week lead time for cancellation of my flight has come and gone with no cancellation notification.

So, I called the US Help Desk. After getting dropped twice (which was nice), I finally reached a HelpDesk agent in NY. I simply asked when they would be cancelling my flight scheduled for September 12.

She informed me that the flight had been cancelled some time ago. She had no explanation as to why I never received an email (I get emails weekly from Aer Lingus so it's not like they don't know how to find me).

After I "politely" refused a voucher, she told me that she had refunded the full fare to my credit card.

Assuming she actually did process a refund, this saga appears to be drawing to a close.

Never again.

8/29 Edit: Credit card refund received.

Last edited by ReachELS; Aug 29, 20 at 5:04 am
Old Sep 2, 20, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Another data point on refunds anyway...

Requested a refund on 4 August using the web form refund request thing for a cancelled NCE-DUB and received it back on my card today, 2 September.
Old Sep 2, 20, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Refund for flights cancelled submitted July 29, nothing heard since

It is a cash+avios which has to be done manually.
Old Sep 8, 20, 5:05 am

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Refund for flights cancelled submitted July 29, nothing heard since

It is a cash+avios which has to be done manually.
I'm still waiting for the same type of refund since May 7th.
Old Sep 9, 20, 6:53 am

Voucher applied for at the start of April received this week. Valid until 2025.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 20, 4:48 am

Programs: EIGC, HH, BAEC, CC
Just for reference I applied for refund 6th August for a booking. Paid cash and avios originally. I believed i was entitled to full cash and avios refund not voucher as the changes to flight breached EU261. Got an email 17th Sept to say refund would be processed, got my avios back today so hopefully cash back in a few working days. Flight was due to be 21st

Search this Thread
Search Engine: