Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voucher Option

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Looks like it is now extended until September 30.
Old May 14, 2020, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SpencerC11
Voucher question...How do I know if I’m eligible for a voucher? We are scheduled 6/9 BOS - SNN. Would gladly take a voucher as I don’t think the family is interested in traveling right now. I got an e-mail staying no change fees through July 31, but we wouldn’t be able to make the trip until next summer, so can’t rebook flights yet for next summer. Any advice? Thanks
Any flight until September is eligible for the voucher option today, if its flagged as cancelled already you can get the cash refund.

EI retails 330 days ahead so it will be some time before you could rebook,
Old May 14, 2020, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Still haven’t gotten my voucher and my flights was in March- air lingus you still exist?
Old May 15, 2020, 7:24 am

Me Too Aer Lingus 6 weeks and no Voucher

Hi Fellow non-flyers, I applied for my family voucher (+10%) on 4th April, and got a non-specific, non-personalised email confirming same.

I have sent many emails without response from EI.

I have suggested that they may have invalid details for me, as that may explain their moribund type of responses(EI dead - non responses).
I also suggested to them that since I seem to be a non-person non-customer...their data records may be incorrect.

I am going to make a data protection request for my records to their data controller.

I will be very sorry that this is going to put them to a lot of trouble
But I will be able to see what is incorrect in my records, and maybe fix them in such a way that they may be able to talk to me.

If that fails Since the value of my flights are under 1,270€ I will then assuming no responses take it into the small claims court
Old May 15, 2020, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Stop emailing. Every time you do that, you are resetting the process.

In the current situation, that will all result in months and months of further delays. The data request will only show that your request, the fact that it is in processing and perhaps your further emails.

If you were due a refund and chose to accept a voucher, I would call EI back and tell them that as they have failed to honor their commitment, you now want a refund. If one has not been initiated within 7 days of your request, initiate a chargeback with your credit card issuer (bank) and supply all the necessary documents, in writing, with your chargeback, so that there is no question of your entitlement.

Faster & easier.
Old May 15, 2020, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by bilthecelt108
Hi Fellow non-flyers, I applied for my family voucher (+10%) on 4th April, and got a non-specific, non-personalised email confirming same.

I have sent many emails without response from EI.

I have suggested that they may have invalid details for me, as that may explain their moribund type of responses(EI dead - non responses).
I also suggested to them that since I seem to be a non-person non-customer...their data records may be incorrect.

I am going to make a data protection request for my records to their data controller.

I will be very sorry that this is going to put them to a lot of trouble
But I will be able to see what is incorrect in my records, and maybe fix them in such a way that they may be able to talk to me.

If that fails Since the value of my flights are under 1,270€ I will then assuming no responses take it into the small claims court
If you read a few posts up you’ll see someone who applied on 20 March only recently got their voucher. I requested a voucher on 3 April which still hasn’t arrived. So assuming they are working in sequential order, it will hopefully be coming soon.

if you aren’t happy with that, as suggested, do a chargeback rather than wasting your time with data requests and small claims court.
Old May 15, 2020, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Looks like it is now extended until September 30.
The "no change fees" benefit has been extended to September 30; The "voucher" benefit only goes through June 30 (so far).

I have a flight in September that I would like to turn into a 110% voucher (while praying that Are Lingus stays afloat). I'd rather have a refund but am nervous about waiting to see if the flight is actually cancelled.

From their website:

Changing your flights

We know that there's a lot of uncertainty about travel right now and we understand your concerns. We're offering two options:

1. Change your flight without a fee

If you're scheduled to fly with us before 30 September 2020, you can change the date of your trip using the Manage Trip section. We've waived our change fees, but please note that a fare difference may apply.

2. Apply for a voucher

If you're scheduled to fly with us before 30 June 2020, you can apply for a voucher, plus an extra 10%. Apply for this by filling in your details on the voucher request form. We'll send you a voucher for the full value of your flight (including taxes and charges), plus an extra 10%. So if your flight cost at total of €200, we'll send you a €220 voucher.

Last edited by ReachELS; May 15, 2020 at 6:36 pm Reason: Add'l Info
Old May 16, 2020, 4:57 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Voucher applied for on March 24th arrived yesterday. Once more to come that I requested about two weeks later. So it appears they are getting there.
Old May 19, 2020, 5:13 pm
ohh

I've tried to use my voucher and the prices are $100+ more than the tickets on the website.

Not really hiding that the 10% "bonus" was BS
Old May 22, 2020, 9:08 am

Chargeback is the way

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
If you read a few posts up you’ll see someone who applied on 20 March only recently got their voucher. I requested a voucher on 3 April which still hasn’t arrived. So assuming they are working in sequential order, it will hopefully be coming soon.

if you aren’t happy with that, as suggested, do a chargeback rather than wasting your time with data requests and small claims court.
Thanks for the advice. AIB were helpful (+353 1668 5500), and I have to send them details of booking..invoice, Flight times, cancellation, voucher request (7 weeks ago),and request chargeback by letterpost to AIB Chargeback, PO Box 708, Sandyford D18

This is better than silence and uncertainty
Old May 27, 2020, 1:08 pm

My situation is somewhat different, and highlights what I think is an effort by the airline to avoid at all costs a cash refund. I was booked on a flight with others (not a group booking), purchased direct from EL and confirmed for all flyers. We then got a mail sometime later saying the flight, and subsequent return, were both fully booked. Unlikely, but we were offered alternatives to completely different locations, from different starting points. Our bookings were all automatically updated, suggesting we have accepted this offer (we haven't). So whilst the flight will not run (the route is not operating at the mo - checked with the airport and skyscanner) they won't formally cancel it meaning therefore we have no right to a refund. And equally because the system automatically updated our bookings to the suggested alternative presumably if they do cancel then we can't claim anyway because 'officially' we're not on that flight any longer. This to me is VERY deliberate. Is anyone else in this boat? Our flights were from the UK (Birmingham) to Shannon.
sp4cetime likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 4:12 pm

I had exactly the same happen to me
I was booked bhx-snn and they altered my flight to Manchester - Dublin I was not notified of this change I only discovered it by chance
foolishly I accepted a voucher which surprisingly I’ve still not received
RoostMcBoost likes this.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:42 am

Birmingham to Shannon Shenanigans

So in brief AL currently state that every flight between Birmingham and Shannon is "full", which is the response you get if you try to book from now to any date in the future. This is deliberate, since to cancel the flight would mean refunding passengers. Instead they have put all existing passengers on alternate and for me at least, inconvenient routes. Thing is, the planes are not full.

Departure and arrival data from the airports, skyscanner, flight radar, other flight trackers and the airport information desks themselves clearly show no flights are running between these cities in either direction.

The only reason I can see that AL has not announced cancellation that I can see is that, after digging, it turns out that any AL flight number EI3000 or higher is actually operated by Stobart Air. Stobart Air grounded their entire international flight roster on 24th March with the exception of some Scottish routes. So basically the company franchised to operate the flights has cancelled everything, but AL has not passed this on to the customer. A very .... state of affairs!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:23 pm
Suspended

I am waiting 5 weeks now for my voucher.
To put this in contrast, I got my voucher from American in 1 minute and a refund from Cathay Pacific in 5 days.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I am waiting 5 weeks now for my voucher.
To put this in contrast, I got my voucher from American in 1 minute and a refund from Cathay Pacific in 5 days.
I was due two. Both claimed within a week of each other. Got the first three weeks ago. No sign of the second.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.