FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voucher Option
Thread: Voucher Option
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2020, 10:39 am
Kgmm77

Originally Posted by bilthecelt108
Hi Fellow non-flyers, I applied for my family voucher (+10%) on 4th April, and got a non-specific, non-personalised email confirming same.

I have sent many emails without response from EI.

I have suggested that they may have invalid details for me, as that may explain their moribund type of responses(EI dead - non responses).
I also suggested to them that since I seem to be a non-person non-customer...their data records may be incorrect.

I am going to make a data protection request for my records to their data controller.

I will be very sorry that this is going to put them to a lot of trouble
But I will be able to see what is incorrect in my records, and maybe fix them in such a way that they may be able to talk to me.

If that fails Since the value of my flights are under 1,270€ I will then assuming no responses take it into the small claims court
If you read a few posts up you’ll see someone who applied on 20 March only recently got their voucher. I requested a voucher on 3 April which still hasn’t arrived. So assuming they are working in sequential order, it will hopefully be coming soon.

if you aren’t happy with that, as suggested, do a chargeback rather than wasting your time with data requests and small claims court.