FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voucher Option
Thread: Voucher Option
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2020, 1:08 pm
RoostMcBoost

My situation is somewhat different, and highlights what I think is an effort by the airline to avoid at all costs a cash refund. I was booked on a flight with others (not a group booking), purchased direct from EL and confirmed for all flyers. We then got a mail sometime later saying the flight, and subsequent return, were both fully booked. Unlikely, but we were offered alternatives to completely different locations, from different starting points. Our bookings were all automatically updated, suggesting we have accepted this offer (we haven't). So whilst the flight will not run (the route is not operating at the mo - checked with the airport and skyscanner) they won't formally cancel it meaning therefore we have no right to a refund. And equally because the system automatically updated our bookings to the suggested alternative presumably if they do cancel then we can't claim anyway because 'officially' we're not on that flight any longer. This to me is VERY deliberate. Is anyone else in this boat? Our flights were from the UK (Birmingham) to Shannon.