FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voucher Option
Thread: Voucher Option
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2020, 7:42 am
RoostMcBoost

Birmingham to Shannon Shenanigans

So in brief AL currently state that every flight between Birmingham and Shannon is "full", which is the response you get if you try to book from now to any date in the future. This is deliberate, since to cancel the flight would mean refunding passengers. Instead they have put all existing passengers on alternate and for me at least, inconvenient routes. Thing is, the planes are not full.

Departure and arrival data from the airports, skyscanner, flight radar, other flight trackers and the airport information desks themselves clearly show no flights are running between these cities in either direction.

The only reason I can see that AL has not announced cancellation that I can see is that, after digging, it turns out that any AL flight number EI3000 or higher is actually operated by Stobart Air. Stobart Air grounded their entire international flight roster on 24th March with the exception of some Scottish routes. So basically the company franchised to operate the flights has cancelled everything, but AL has not passed this on to the customer. A very .... state of affairs!