Voucher Option

Old Mar 28, 20, 2:19 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,030
Some people have been told 6-8 weeks as they are so overwhelmed at the moment.
DELLAS is offline  
Old Mar 29, 20, 7:58 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chicago
Programs: ,united 1k, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Posts: 655
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
Some people have been told 6-8 weeks as they are so overwhelmed at the moment.
This is a national airline can they not have a automated process for this?
united 1k flyer is offline  
Old Mar 30, 20, 11:11 am
  #18  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Posts: 25,538
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer View Post
This is a national airline can they not have a automated process for this?
What's a "national airline"?

Is United a "national airline"? How's their "automated process" for this working out? Have a look here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...g-refunds.html
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 20, 2:06 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,251
Has anyone sought to refund a Aer Club MasterCard free flight booking? Specifically whether:
1) the original voucher will be reinstated to be used again
2) if the voucher is put back to use again, whether the original expiry date applies

i presume the suggestion will be to change to a new date rather than refund, but I’m probably not going to have time for the trip given the amount of travel I’ll be squeezing into Q4.

Given the “free flight” was anything but free given taxes and charges (and that I’m due another “free flight” voucher soon) I suspect a credit note or refund and losing the voucher is the best I’ll get.
Kgmm77 is offline  
Old Mar 31, 20, 2:44 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 269
So I got the voucher today, took them five days to issue it (pretty good under current circumstances; they wrote it would take "up to 15 business days"). The voucher is valid for five years from the day of issue (the same is true for their purchasable gift vouchers), so way better than what most airlines are currently trying to satisfy their customers with.
Unfortunately EI did not add the 10% on top which they had announced in their initial email. Did anyone get the 10% bonus for flights that were cancelled by EI?
In my situation I think a voucher is better than cash refund, since the latter would go to the OTA the ticket has been purchased through, and I haven't heard back from them and I'm afraid that the OTA might file for bankruptcy before returning any money to customers.
geosch is offline  
Old Mar 31, 20, 4:53 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chicago
Programs: ,united 1k, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Posts: 655
Originally Posted by geosch View Post
So I got the voucher today, took them five days to issue it (pretty good under current circumstances; they wrote it would take "up to 15 business days"). The voucher is valid for five years from the day of issue (the same is true for their purchasable gift vouchers), so way better than what most airlines are currently trying to satisfy their customers with.
Unfortunately EI did not add the 10% on top which they had announced in their initial email. Did anyone get the 10% bonus for flights that were cancelled by EI?
In my situation I think a voucher is better than cash refund, since the latter would go to the OTA the ticket has been purchased through, and I haven't heard back from them and I'm afraid that the OTA might file for bankruptcy before returning any money to customers.
wow bummer they didn’t add the 10%. I still have not gotten my voucher yet and it has been over a week. However I requested a change in the currency of the voucher so that might be why it’s taking longer.
united 1k flyer is offline  
Old Mar 31, 20, 5:12 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PVG, FRA, SEA, HEL
Programs: UA Premier Gold
Posts: 4,608
(I'm not permitted to post URLs as I am a new member but the article was in the Irish Times, life-and-style/travel, and was titled "passengers and agents allege aer lingus is breaking law on refunds-1.4213285")
...which indicate that the airline may use some loophole to avoid refunding us.
There is no loophole Aer Lingus is using.
Aer Lingus is simply breaking the law - in the hope that 99% of all pax won't sue them.
Most EU airlines are operating the same way these days.
warakorn is online now  
Old Apr 1, 20, 1:01 am
  #23  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Posts: 1,130
If you ask for a refund on a cancelled flight you are being issued with a refund. If anyone is refused a refund in these circumstances they have a legal case.

Refunds are not being issued where a flight actually operates and a no show occurs, only taxes are refunded in that case

EI continues to operate flights on some routes. People in this circumstance feel ripped off but legally if the plane flies its the passengers problem if they cannot board due to an immigration or security issue. In this case a voucher for 10% more value than ticket is an option, even though there is no legal obligation to offer it.

EI is encouraging passengers to rebook to another date (change fee suspended) or cancel for a voucher + 10%. If you want to play chicken and hope a flight will become cancelled later on you stand the risk of getting effectively nothing.
MM00LL2 and alserire like this.
ROKNA is offline  
Old Apr 1, 20, 11:06 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
EI is encouraging passengers to rebook to another date (change fee suspended) or cancel for a voucher + 10%. If you want to play chicken and hope a flight will become cancelled later on you stand the risk of getting effectively nothing.
The only problem I see with rebooking or getting voucher is "does Aerlingus still will be in business after all?" If not, paper voucher might at least help someone who is short on toilet paper at home.
user2018 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 20, 11:24 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 269
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer View Post
wow bummer they didn’t add the 10%.
Do you think it makes sense to get back to them on that issue? Did others get a 10% bonus?
geosch is offline  
Old Apr 1, 20, 2:18 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,125
Originally Posted by geosch View Post
Do you think it makes sense to get back to them on that issue? Did others get a 10% bonus?
Depends is that 10% of $400 or 10% of $14,000? For the former, to me, no way other than if there was a way to reach them (say via email/Twitter) with minimal time and effort. For the latter, I'd be on the phone now and wait six hours if needed. It all comes down to how you value your time and how much time it will take.
36902BRF is offline  
Old Apr 2, 20, 1:59 am
  #27  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Posts: 25,538
Originally Posted by geosch View Post
So I got the voucher today, took them five days to issue it (pretty good under current circumstances; they wrote it would take "up to 15 business days"). The voucher is valid for five years from the day of issue (the same is true for their purchasable gift vouchers), so way better than what most airlines are currently trying to satisfy their customers with.
It is a legal requirement now in Ireland that all vouchers are valid for at least 5 years:
Originally Posted by The Irish Times
The Consumer Protection (Gift Vouchers) Act will impose a minimum expiry date of five years for vouchers and ban contract terms which require them to be spent in a single transaction.

The new law will also ban contract terms that limit the number of vouchers that can be used in a transaction and prohibit the cancellation of gift vouchers or the imposition of charges by airlines if the name of a gift voucher recipient differs from the name on a passport.

In passing the laws Ireland has become the first European country to enact legislation protecting consumers in this area.
This is not Aer Lingus magnanimity; but a legal requirement they must observe when issuing vouchers.

While in some ways this is customer-friendly, in other ways it's not; with such a long period to use the voucher, it actively encourages many such recipients to file it away and forget all about it and therefore never to spend the voucher. Additionally, waiting for as long as 5 years to spend a voucher means that the spending power of that voucher will have markedly dropped. Prices tend to go only one way - up.
Often1 likes this.
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Apr 3, 20, 5:07 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,251
Originally Posted by Kgmm77 View Post
Has anyone sought to refund a Aer Club MasterCard free flight booking? Specifically whether:
1) the original voucher will be reinstated to be used again
2) if the voucher is put back to use again, whether the original expiry date applies

i presume the suggestion will be to change to a new date rather than refund, but I’m probably not going to have time for the trip given the amount of travel I’ll be squeezing into Q4.

Given the “free flight” was anything but free given taxes and charges (and that I’m due another “free flight” voucher soon) I suspect a credit note or refund and losing the voucher is the best I’ll get.
Just to update my own post, for those who have flights cancelled that were booked using the BoI AerClub MasterCard “free flight” voucher, the voucher will be reinstated in your account after you receive your refund/travel voucher for the fees and charges paid. No idea whether the expiration will be extended (and being honest given the most value I could seem to extract from the reward flights was c€150, I’m not really bothered).
MM00LL2 likes this.
Kgmm77 is offline  
Old Apr 8, 20, 3:59 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 4
Any updates on success stories of received vouchers? 23 days and waiting, Iberia was about 10 days which I thought was quite good!
Concordino20 is offline  
Old Apr 8, 20, 8:19 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: AerClub - Silver
Posts: 236
Originally Posted by Concordino20 View Post
Any updates on success stories of received vouchers? 23 days and waiting, Iberia was about 10 days which I thought was quite good!
14 days waiting on one. A mere 5 on another.

God knows when we'll see them.
alserire is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: