Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:54 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Those double milles on 100€ c tickets with 250% earnings did it for me.
romans likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Yreal
Those double milles on 100€ c tickets with 250% earnings did it for me.
which flight did you take? lucky you made it these days
Old Jan 31, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by romans
which flight did you take? lucky you made it these days
Did dus-skg-ath-ams back in oktober. Wanted to do Ams-ath-ams in november, but those got canned by the lockdown.

So far my first trip to greece is on 2-7
romans likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Spoke to Aegean today about the Status renewal and was told that Aegean is waiting to make a decision soon about pushing out Status Renewals to next year just like LH did for its program. But nothing is definitive yet as per the agent I spoke with. I called in to get my missing miles for a flight I took to Brazil and thats how the conversation started,
doctorvgs, Arrivals and romans like this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Spoke to Aegean today about the Status renewal and was told that Aegean is waiting to make a decision soon about pushing out Status Renewals to next year just like LH did for its program. But nothing is definitive yet as per the agent I spoke with. I called in to get my missing miles for a flight I took to Brazil and thats how the conversation started,
Interesting. I certainly hope they do. They stand to lose a lot of members otherwise.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by jetplane86
Interesting. I certainly hope they do. They stand to lose a lot of members otherwise.
I dont think, they need more members thes time. They must fight with the prices of the lowcost companys.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by powergean
I dont think, they need more members thes time. They must fight with the prices of the lowcost companys.
So how are they going to recover when they don't have any frequent flyers!!?

It's almost a certainty that they will extend status, people haven't been able to fly for more than 6 months. (for me it's a year!)
NWIFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: LX*S/ SK*G
I've sent Aegean an email and asked what's happening with my gold status after May... Still waiting for a reply. I encourage more members to push for another 6 months extension!
It's absurd that I will probably loose my status after years and years of loyalty to Aegean if they don't extend it.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 5:52 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Thank you for this - exceptionally helpful and great information. It sounds like in the near future it would be a good time to pop a strategic e-mail over to CS. Personally I think I am now unlikely to re-qualify by May given I don't expect to be able to leave the UK in early March to collect my remaining qualifying flights, which after many flight cancellations - including by OA - will be the third time I'll have had itineraries which would have re-qualified me taken away.

I still have a couple of months to play with, but then the costs of going through that re-qualification process will increase considerably to the extent that I'm not sure it's worthwhile, plus I'm certainly not convinced there won't still be considerable hassle in travelling through the end of May from a UK perspective.

If A3 doesn't extend by at least a further 6 months it will be an outlier in the aviation world. It's absolute common sense to do so - the industry has effectively stopped for a year already and essentially it's pot luck whether you had travel planned at the right time or not. In my case had my itinerary shifted by two days I'd have got to SKG before the airport shut and collected my 3rd and 4th flights.

A3 will need as many customers as possible booking with them when eventually they can re-start with some sort of sensible schedule. They really can't afford to put the disincentive of status loss in the booking decision path right now. BA has extended my status meaning I can book with them with a degree of confidence, plus the bulk of my future travel voucher value lies with them. Given the uncertainty of my *A status through A3, currently I'm not inclined to book any Star flights.
:D!, headingwest and romans like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Thank you for this - exceptionally helpful and great information. It sounds like in the near future it would be a good time to pop a strategic e-mail over to CS. Personally I think I am now unlikely to re-qualify by May given I don't expect to be able to leave the UK in early March to collect my remaining qualifying flights, which after many flight cancellations - including by OA - will be the third time I'll have had itineraries which would have re-qualified me taken away.

I still have a couple of months to play with, but then the costs of going through that re-qualification process will increase considerably to the extent that I'm not sure it's worthwhile, plus I'm certainly not convinced there won't still be considerable hassle in travelling through the end of May from a UK perspective.

If A3 doesn't extend by at least a further 6 months it will be an outlier in the aviation world. It's absolute common sense to do so - the industry has effectively stopped for a year already and essentially it's pot luck whether you had travel planned at the right time or not. In my case had my itinerary shifted by two days I'd have got to SKG before the airport shut and collected my 3rd and 4th flights.

A3 will need as many customers as possible booking with them when eventually they can re-start with some sort of sensible schedule. They really can't afford to put the disincentive of status loss in the booking decision path right now. BA has extended my status meaning I can book with them with a degree of confidence, plus the bulk of my future travel voucher value lies with them. Given the uncertainty of my *A status through A3, currently I'm not inclined to book any Star flights.

I used my voucher from last year and booked LHR-RHO-AMS with A3 and AMS-SIN with LX in F. All in May 2021. Now I will need to change all my bookings, I have not booked YYZ-LHR yet thats also a voucher from AC from last year. Just terrible overall. We in Canada are told no travel until April 30. So My 23 to get gold is out the window. I know this is not really important as many are dying from this dreadful disease, so please dont get me wrong that I am concerned about my gold status, its more about the money spent to go see family in SIngapore.
headingwest likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
It would be good if Aegean could follow the lead set by Lufthansa this week. To aid M&M requalification, all holders of LH-Group branded credit cards are being awarded 5,000 status miles and can earn another 25,000 by spending €12,500 on their cards during 2021. This means that an FTL cardholder, for example, only needs to earn 5,000 flown status miles to requalify to 2024. Aegean could apply similar incentives to their branded credit cards to ensure that their high-value customers do not miss out on requalification by being unable to fly. This is, in my view, a far better business strategy than simply giving away requalification for free.
romans likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 1:54 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
I don't think A3 will extend the status again, probably there are already many members who had requalification deadline as 01FEB and their status wasn't extended but good luck
Old Feb 5, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: LX*S/ SK*G
Well there is a big problem with that.
Many of the high-value customers are based overseas and as far as I know they only issue CC to Greek residents. not really possible to compare with such a big program as miles and more. But If it worked that could be an option for sure
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
So how are they going to recover when they don't have any frequent flyers!!?

It's almost a certainty that they will extend status, people haven't been able to fly for more than 6 months. (for me it's a year!)
,,people haven't been able to fly for more than 6 months" Is not exactly true, i hade 13 flights the past 6 months from and to Athens.
giorginho likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 1:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
That doesn't surprise me one little bit!
cad-spe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.