Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
After 6 months extension and 25% cut to requirement, do u think it will do more?

I have been gold for 10 years and managed to fly 4 a3 segments back in Dec 18..... But no other flights on star alliance since then.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:02 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Flying Blue just extended the status (at least) for their golds by another more year

Last edited by GBobon; Feb 1, 2021 at 1:05 am
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by GBobon
Flying Blue just extended the status (at least) for their golds by another more year

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursorointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursorointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}.tb_button {padding:1px;cursorointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursorointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
what are you talking about? is that something new or months ago already announced news? link?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I am not sure if we will retain Gold. May 23, 2021 is not feasible as we may not get vaccinated before that and I am sure all airlines will require vaccinations. I hope A3 will push that date further.
sokolov, Askin001 and yurtripper like this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:11 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I doubt that airlines will require vaccinations by May. At some point yes, but until the majority of countries have completed their vaccination programmes I'd expect that a PCR test will also do.
GUWonder and 747jetter like this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jan 5, 2021 at 11:29 pm Reason: Remove off diversionary commentary on vaccine efficacy
Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by romans
what are you talking about? is that something new or months ago already announced news? link?
my mistake, i misread the message received from a friend im sorry.

Offtopic: does anyone know why the hell below s**t is added on my every reply?

Last edited by GBobon; Feb 1, 2021 at 1:06 am
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by GBobon
my mistake, i misread the message received from a friend im sorry.

Offtopic: does anyone know why the hell below s**t is added on my every reply?

tb_button {padding:1px;cursorointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursorointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}.tb_button {padding:1px;cursorointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursorointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
Something in your sig maybe?
Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:39 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Am guessing that A3 must be starting to bled a heap of its FF members. With the 6 month extension now really done and dusted coupled with the lack of flights over the last few months and into the short term future A3 FFs are likely to become a rather rare bird thru sheer lack of opportunity to fly.. In my case had thought had a real chance to travel international again latter this year but now that is starting to look rather optimistic. Perhaps now it maybe 2022 that things start to normalise and if that is the case then would suggest A3 FFs will be really thin on the ground.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 1:41 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The absolute majority of gold members will have had their renewal on Nov 24, now May 24. So not yet. However I doubt many will be able to fly at this time and if no further extension is granted I would agree that a whole lot of members will lose their gold status on May 24.

Personally I had already requalified between Nov 2019 and March 2020 so I'll be fine, but that may not be the case for everyone. I do wonder if A3 is going to slash benefits even more, like taking away the upgrade vouchers. Wouldn't surprise me the slightest.
Tennen and irishguy28 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Oops..never mind!
romans likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:41 am

guys, yesterday and today I have managed to fly 4x A3...

1st leg: OTP - ATH, delayed by 1h due to runway closure for snow cleaning - I had 1h5min layover on separate ticket but I have asked the crew to inform ATH that i will be late, so they did and A3602 waited me.

I did a b2b at Heathrow, i was back at the gate in 5min after I have left the aircraft (including security check - no passport control, only boarding pass scanning - airside transfer)

At the gate, due to my weird routing, the guy from there wanted him to be sure that I am OK to fly from LHR to OTP via ATH and FRA so he started to call the German immigration - everybody was already onboard and after many calls he got confirmation that I can board without PCR test (I had, precautionary) and PLFs (for Greece and DE).

Smooth flight back to ATH, and there after we disembarked everybody was tested with rapid tests (free of charge). Unfortunately I had to stay in the airport but the immigration didnt say anything about my transfer and the terminal was quiet.

Then I boarded in the morning A3830 to FRA, no pcr test nor plf requested, im only transferring here.

I have been upgraded to J on all 4 legs and two of them are already posted on my account.

Tip: if you do b2b @ LHR, will be hassle free if you have PLF for Greece and PCR test ready to show them even if youre only transferring at ATH - they were ready to offload me if wouldnt get the confirmation from German immigration on-time...

good luck
Xandrios and romans like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'd hate to lose my Gold status but it's looking that way. I need 6,642 miles or 4 Aegean legs before May 23 to re-qualify.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:44 pm

You can also buy some miles...You have 4 months, good luck!
Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:26 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by powergean
You can also buy some miles...You have 4 months, good luck!
You can only buy 5,000 tier miles (at €375!) so I'd still be short.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: A3*G
Luckily I managed to fly 4 segments before COVID and now I'm only 4,688 miles short of hitting Gold again, which means I could buy them. €375 is a lot but it's still worth it as it might not be easy to upgrade again. COVID changed lots of things and there is a good chance I won't need to fly as much, at least for the foreseeable future.

The question is, do I buy the tier miles now or should I wait until the last minute in case they give another extension? Or is there a chance they might change the tier buying rules eg lowering the max miles one can buy?

Last edited by MrArkadin; Jan 13, 2021 at 12:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.