Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:58 pm

Ok, so the conclusion is that I should try to get as much airplane food as possible, it's the best food I'll come across.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:29 pm

You are obviously free to conclude what you want, but this is not what NWIFlyer and I wrote. He suggested the city of Athens, where you can find lots of good restaurants and I said, in addition, that the Sofitel across the street from ATH has an excellent restaurant (actually it has two, but one of them is tops). On the other hand, if you want food at zero cost, which is my conclusion based on your insisting on getting into a lounge for dinner/breakfast when you're not entitled to, then what I can say is that A3's business class food is some of the best in European skies (provided, of course, that you call the airline food... food). This is true for both dinner, on the LCA flight, and breakfast; the latter without wine, though.

Last edited by KLouis; Feb 27, 2015 at 9:36 pm
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:35 am

I'm on a budget so no fine dining in Athens. Thanks ya'all for your help.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
First up, A3 Business Class is, imho, one of the very best in Europe and an experience you'll enjoy....
Really? I have my first flight with A3 coming up in biz class, and saw on pictures etc, that all it is, is the middle seat free? Maybe i'm mistaken...
What aspects are better? Is there more legroom? Is the food better?
Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:04 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Really? I have my first flight with A3 coming up in biz class, and saw on pictures etc, that all it is, is the middle seat free? Maybe i'm mistaken...
Thanks.
All European airlines operate a blocked middle seat or similar on short-haul, but if you compare it to BA's new Club Europe - for example - then definitely legroom is better.

What makes A3 business class is the quality of the food and, particularly, wine - definitely class-leading. Whilst airlines such as BA are penny pinching every aspect of their service, including in Business Class, A3 continues to maintain and improve their offering - so I expect the gap to continue to grow.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Thanks.
A3 wins on catering , legroom and indeed seat width as the armrests extend in towards the table in the J cabin. I have been on most EU J class products and comparing like for like (middle seat free concept) there is a difference.

Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Does anyone happen to know how many miles for a Thai domestic return?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:35 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Does anyone happen to know how many miles for a Thai domestic return?
It will depend on which carrier (Thai Smile doesn't attract miles, so it must be TG mainline), and the fare bucket.

Many TG fare classes earn nothing, so you'll either earn zero or 100% - no minimum.

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon.../all-airlines/
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Thanks NWI but it is the opposite as in a redemption. I am guessing 15K
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Thanks NWI but it is the opposite as in a redemption. I am guessing 15K
Per the *A partner chart (I assume you are flying TG):

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon.../all-airlines/

It's 25K in Economy since Thailand is the "Far East."
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Not so much Miles & Bonus, but A3 related...

How far in advance does A3 release the fall/winter domestic flight schedule? I was able to book a flight to KLX in late October, but cannot book a domestic connection (ATH-Chania) in order to meet the 4 segments to retain Gold. Quite surprised that this is not possible.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:57 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by livious
Not so much Miles & Bonus, but A3 related...

How far in advance does A3 release the fall/winter domestic flight schedule? I was able to book a flight to KLX in late October, but cannot book a domestic connection (ATH-Chania) in order to meet the 4 segments to retain Gold. Quite surprised that this is not possible.
Summer schedules for April to October are released in the previous October.
Winter schedules for November to March are released the previous April.

See
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...s-allowed.html
for more detail.
Resolution likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Why do I keep getting VLML on the flights that have meals when I don't (as far as I know) request them? This has happened on STR-SKG (when I flew on the same reservation as somebody who had VLML, so it's understandable) and ATH-LHR (separate reservations, plated by US with no meal preference sent to TA). I noticed checkmytrip had the VLML preference listed for the A3 leg--is this something they do by default, or is there an option in M&B to set meal preferences? It just doesn't seem like something I can see myself doing; I love chicken too much for that.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm dumb, it's in my profile; I put it there because it was the only appetizing meal other than the seafood without beef (unless anyone has better suggestions?)...
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Summer schedules for April to October are released in the previous October.
Winter schedules for November to March are released the previous April.

See
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...s-allowed.html
for more detail.
Thanks for the info and the link!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: BA
status miles vs. redeemable miles:
I can't find explicit mention of this anywhere, but I assume that in Miles & Bonus 'tier miles' earned are the same number as 'redeemable miles' earned? Meaning: if a certain booking class earns no (redeemable) miles according to the earnings table (for example, discounted fares in both economy and business), it also earns no 'tier miles'?
I suppose this is obvious to all of you, but I come from BA where 'tier points' are unrelated to 'avios'.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.