Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
The quality was fine but I hate it . Same as some people eat Lambs eyes Not for me thanks ...

For an International flight with varied nationalities there should be a choice. I'd have preferred just smoked salmon or cold cuts of meat etc..
I looooooove octopus (and all other cephalopods, especially sepia) ant way it's (they're) cooked. I've even had it raw in Peru. I eat octopus at all there places I find it. Strange, I also eat tripe everywhere I find it. Mmmmmmmmm...

PS But not lamb eyes!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:59 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Peru is well known for their cuisine, personally I love the ceviche too...though I am not sure if I have tried it before with octopus.

One thing I am still trying to replicate from there is the pisco sour drink. I have come as far as using (non flavoured) tsipouro and grappa as alternatives to the (impossible to find) pisco and it is pretty close..but not quite there yet

/offtopic
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I flew ZRH-ATH yesterday in business They actually served the meal in 3 courses, rather than two.

First; salad with chicken, cheese and pomegranate:
[...]

Second; veal with kastana mash (chestnut puree) and mushrooms. The other option was leg of chicken on spicy rice - I don't think anybody out of the 5 pax chose this.
[...]

Third; sweets with a cappuccino and mastiha liqueur:
[...]

All very tasty
Had exactly the same menu on my flight from GVA the day before you

The difference was that they served the salad together with the main (same tray). I actually had the chicken option instead of the veal- very tasty.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Peru is well known for their cuisine, personally I love the ceviche too...though I am not sure if I have tried it before with octopus.

One thing I am still trying to replicate from there is the pisco sour drink. I have come as far as using (non flavoured) tsipouro and grappa as alternatives to the (impossible to find) pisco and it is pretty close..but not quite there yet

/offtopic
Still offtopic!

I did replicate pisco sour with Cretan Tsikoudia with relatively good results. Grappa isn't good for that purpose as it is often made out of more "aromatic" grapes; moreover one can't get mainland tsipouro in Crete.

I had octopus ceviche in Panama City last May. Not bad, but I prefer ceviche with fish.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I think I've seen enough of those crackers already, and I haven't flown with them yet! They look a bit cheap to me.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
MAD-ATH Business Class November 2015

Appetizers

Veal in Tomato Sauce

Time for Desserts

Full Trip Report with more pics
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: A3 *G
I don't normally eat octopus -I find it a bit tasteless and rubbery but I had the octopus starter a couple of days ago and it really was excellent. I'd recommend people to at least try it before judging although I agree there should be a choice.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I don't normally eat octopus -I find it a bit tasteless and rubbery but I had the octopus starter a couple of days ago and it really was excellent. I'd recommend people to at least try it before judging although I agree there should be a choice.
Agree, their octopus is AMAZING, really loved it and pray to get it on all my A3 C flights!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
although I agree there should be a choice.
Judging by the amount sent back on my flight that would certainly be a wise option. Anyway feedback already given at managment level so we shall see. Just dont blame me if they pull it totally
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
LHR-ATH 01/01/2016 Special New years day menu, no paper menus handed

Starter

Some kind of celery coleslaw with pastrami and smoked salmon

Beef fillet with chestnut puree

Various sweets

I also had a cappuccino and some special new years pie (vassilopita!) Pre-flight new years champagne was served to Y!
There was a lottery for a free ticket as well!

Fell asleep after dinner
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:57 pm

Cheese was greek "anthotiro"
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Does anyone here know if a 2-hour flight at 11:00 would still see a late breakfast service, or an early lunch? (and in general, at which hour the switch to lunch menu is)
Old Jan 12, 2016, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Does anyone here know if a 2-hour flight at 11:00 would still see a late breakfast service, or an early lunch? (and in general, at which hour the switch to lunch menu is)
I don't know the exact time when they switch and neither whether this is true for all A3 flights, but on the FCO-ATH flight that leaves at 11 am you always get lunch.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:03 am

I think it's lunch for the 1130 a3607 lgw-ath
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
I don't know the exact time when they switch and neither whether this is true for all A3 flights, but on the FCO-ATH flight that leaves at 11 am you always get lunch.
Same for MXP-ATH which leaves at 10:50. Boarding, take-off and reaching cruising altitude takes quite a while, so by the time they serve the meal it's midday (for the flights that are scheduled ~11 am).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.