Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Flew first time on Aegean from ATH-LCA yesterday in business class.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...88719201_n.jpg
Traditional Greek Salad with tomato, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, capers, oregano and virgin olive oil

Cheese. Feta with sundried tomato & oregano cheese and gruyere with dried prune

https://igcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.ne...41023599_n.jpg
Hot entree: Perch fillet with ravioli, vegetable spaghetti and light tomato sauce

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...82376591_n.jpg
Dessert: selected variety of sweets

The fish was actually very good, not dry. The other choice was Chicken Paupiette with Red florina pepper and pesto herb sauce with goji berries. As many have written here, the fa opened new bottles of red wines and the Mastiha. An enjoyable short flight PS. apologies if my pictures appeared as links.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Flew first time on Aegean from ATH-LCA yesterday in business class.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...88719201_n.jpg
Traditional Greek Salad with tomato, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, capers, oregano and virgin olive oil

Cheese. Feta with sundried tomato & oregano cheese and gruyere with dried prune

https://igcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.ne...41023599_n.jpg
Hot entree: Perch fillet with ravioli, vegetable spaghetti and light tomato sauce

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...82376591_n.jpg
Dessert: selected variety of sweets

The fish was actually very good, not dry. The other choice was Chicken Paupiette with Red florina pepper and pesto herb sauce with goji berries. As many have written here, the fa opened new bottles of red wines and the Mastiha. An enjoyable short flight PS. apologies if my pictures appeared as links.
Thanks for the pics glad you had a good flight ^
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
A3689: 23/08/15 - MAD-ATH on J

A3611: 27/08/15 - CDG-ATH on Y

A3994: 27/08/15 - ATH-IST on J

All of them are really good. And I was actually surprised with ATH-IST cos its a short flight but managed to serve a really nice meal. really happy i chose A3 to fly intra-Europe.

Last edited by scrappydog; Oct 23, 2015 at 6:16 am
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB
I just love the salad above, the traditional Greek one, so healthy and appealing.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I just love the salad above, the traditional Greek one, so healthy and appealing.
Let me add an out-of-topic comment (in addition to expressing my agreement with your description of the "traditional" Greek salad:

Until a few years ago, restaurant prices in all Greek restaurants with the exception of the so-called luxury ones were fixed by a special unit of the police called αγορανομία (agoranomia); that was based on the description of the dishes (most of their ingredients were regulated by the same police unit and their price based on the invoices produced by the restaurant owner). Thus, a salad in the summer was supposed to contain certain grams of tomatoes and cucumbers and it would cost X drachmas. In the early 60s some restaurant owners in Athens came up with the idea of serving the χωριάτικη (horiatiki) salad, to which feta cheese was added and which back then was still "unknown" to the agoranomia. The price was thus freely smade up of the official price of the salad, plus that of he cheese, plus a καπέλλο (kapello=hat=add-on). People liked the idea, the Greek salad was established and, needless to say, a few years later it was included in the official list of the agoranomia unit. These special units were finally abolished less than 10 years ago!
Old Oct 23, 2015, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB
Originally Posted by KLouis
Let me add an out-of-topic comment (in addition to expressing my agreement with your description of the "traditional" Greek salad:

Until a few years ago, restaurant prices in all Greek restaurants with the exception of the so-called luxury ones were fixed by a special unit of the police called αγορανομία (agoranomia); that was based on the description of the dishes (most of their ingredients were regulated by the same police unit and their price based on the invoices produced by the restaurant owner). Thus, a salad in the summer was supposed to contain certain grams of tomatoes and cucumbers and it would cost X drachmas. In the early 60s some restaurant owners in Athens came up with the idea of serving the χωριάτικη (horiatiki) salad, to which feta cheese was added and which back then was still "unknown" to the agoranomia. The price was thus freely smade up of the official price of the salad, plus that of he cheese, plus a καπέλλο (kapello=hat=add-on). People liked the idea, the Greek salad was established and, needless to say, a few years later it was included in the official list of the agoranomia unit. These special units were finally abolished less than 10 years ago!
Thanks for sharing, really interesting.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:38 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Yesterday I flew VIE-ATH in C. The choices were beef with artichoke hearts, lemon finocchio (fennel) sauce, striftoudi pasta and greens, or, Chicken with artichoke hearts, lemon finocchio (fennel) sauce, and skioufihto pasta. I chose the chicken:

The chicken was a little dry but still very much edible, I thought it was nice to see that they actually use the (more flavourful) dark meat - generally airlines only serve the white meat.

The salad was somewhat simple, it had cheese with pine-nut crusting and goji-berries. In the description it said honey-mustard dressing, but all that was included was the normal oil/vinegar mix - which I find a little too vinegar-y. I preferred the chicken or xoriatiki salad.

They only had one of the white wine choices available on board. So I had the Orthi Petra sauvignon blanc, which I thought was very good.

I was surprised to see Halva being offered as a dessert sweet - personally I like it, but it is not for everyone. Its a very traditional Greek sweet though and I thought that it is cool that they offer it on board.

Such coffee will always beat all other European airlines

Last edited by Xandrios; Oct 25, 2015 at 5:01 am
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:41 am

Today in Y the 08.40 ATH - LGW flight featured a sort of oval bread thing, topped with a thick tomato and onion sauce and further topped with a slice of smoked meat (turkey I think). The dish included cheese that had ended up at the bottom of the aluminium dish and been cooked to hard dryness.

The cheese stuff welded the rest of the dish to the container and each bite needed to be hacked off. Much too dangerous on a fold down table also featuring a cup of tomato juice. The one mouthful I did saw off was tasty! Gave up.

(Sorry, I have never grasped the requirements to post a photograph, only succeeding in getting a small blue square with a question mark in it so no illustration.)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Today in Y the 08.40 ATH - LGW flight featured a sort of oval bread thing, topped with a thick tomato and onion sauce and further topped with a slice of smoked meat (turkey I think). The dish included cheese that had ended up at the bottom of the aluminium dish and been cooked to hard dryness.

The cheese stuff welded the rest of the dish to the container and each bite needed to be hacked off. Much too dangerous on a fold down table also featuring a cup of tomato juice. The one mouthful I did saw off was tasty! Gave up.

(Sorry, I have never grasped the requirements to post a photograph, only succeeding in getting a small blue square with a question mark in it so no illustration.)
Sounds bad. Shame you could not get the pic uploaded if you need help let me know. We need a varied amount of pics not just the good ones to get a real idea of whats being dished up on the network. ^
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight starter:

Menu:

Appetizer:

Main course -- beef stew:

I thought it was chicken but it wasn't. The beef stew was hands down the best beef stew dish I've ever had on an airplane.

Dessert:

Delicious.

Last edited by YOWkid; Nov 12, 2015 at 2:43 pm
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

08 NOV

Menu:

Breakfast -- the omelette:

The croissant looked really sad being all shriveled up like a shrew's flaccid <you fill in the blank>; the fruits were not very tasty; and the meal's star, the omelette, was so rubbery and solid that you could just stick a fork in it and it would stand upright.

I had at least three of these double espressos:

As well as three of these cappuccinos:

Yes, I spent a lot of time in the loo afterwards.

Unfortunately, I think this was probably the worst J breakfast I've ever had.

Last edited by YOWkid; Nov 12, 2015 at 2:47 pm
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: A3 *G, ex LH FTL
I flew A3 864 ATH-PRG on 06NOV in Y (sad sad face) and I have noticed that in the wine section of the Blue magazine it mentions new wines. Perhaps we should expect wine change both in-flight and in-lounge soon.
The wines are white Matinteia (PDO) by Troupis, Siderites (PDO Achaia) by Acheon; reds are Aras (PDO Nemea) by Ieropoulos, and Cabernet Sauvignon (PDO Trifilia) by Panagiotopoulos.
The ATH A3 lounge still had Cretan Orthi Petra, Helona and Kotsifali on supply, no sign of Rous nonetheless.

So I am impatiently waiting for reviews/advice from our Greek friends here as I have noticed there are some with good wine nose !
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOWkid

Unfortunately, I think this was probably the worst J breakfast I've ever had.
I am not a fan of breakfast on most airlines especially in J. BA is not bad but shrinking every year. I dont like breakfast on A3 as a rule. Lunch,Dinner is always better.

LX do a decent breakfast in J on longer EU sectors.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 10:19 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I had a bit of a weird flight in business yesterday, basically BRU-VCE and VCE-ATH. After getting halfway through the meal we made an emergency landing in VCE. After continuing we again were asked what we liked and of course I chose the other option in order to try both. Surprisingly they seemed to have both options for the whole cabin on board (14 out of 16 seats occupied).

Salad: Tuna salad with capers and (frankly very non-greek) asparagus.
Entree: Veal escallop with mash or chicken fricassee on pasta.

The chicken itself was very good, the pasta I was not a fan of. A little dry. The picture may seem a bit distorted but thats because I ahd already attacked the food before thinking to take a picture

The veal was great, with enough sauce to coat the mash perfectly.

The salad was okay, though the tuna was definitely canned.

The sweets got a beating with the rushed unplanned descent, and the chocolate mouse 'deflated' somewhat. Still, very tasty in the end
Old Nov 15, 2015, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
The veal was great, with enough sauce to coat the mash perfectly.

Looks very good. I have had something similar on LX before in J. You must also be a unique few to have had two hot meals on a BRU-ATH sector Amazing they had double meals for everyone onboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.