Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:01 am

NZ FFP is the worst in the *A includes credit into itself and other partners.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL:20120531
The class you originally ticketed into should be the one you accrue miles for - I'd be surprised if NZ reissues your ticket after the upgrade.
Unfortunately that's not correct. I checked and NZ emailed a new, reissued ticket in R class. Spoke to NZ and they said they use R for upgrades. :-(

NZ's FAQ on their website says that the T's & C's of the original ticket remain, as do original Airpoint earnings. They make no mention that tickets are reissued, booking classes change and, consequently, that earning potential with other *A airlines might change.

I've written to NZ regarding this. Will see what happens...

Mark
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: US Platinum, KL FB Gold, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, IC Amb.
Which airline to credit my miles to?

Hi!

As I read in here - it looks as though you guys are in the know of where to credit my *A miles.

I currently hold US Dividend Miles Platinum status (in which I obtained without ever flying US - but thats another story). I status matched to TK and should receive my Elite status there soon (based on readings here on FT).

I also have two flights in which I have yet to credit to any program:
BKK-FRA TG C
FRA-SVG LH C

And will have the following upcoming flights in the next months;
SVG-CPH SK W
CPH-EWR SK C (upgrade via optiontown - if it goes through)
EWR-DFW UA T
LAS-SFO UA T
SFO-CPH SK C (upgrade via optiontown - if it goes through)
CPH-SVG SK W

As I already hold *G status with US (and soon TK), is there any point of crediting these miles to my Miles&Bonus account ? I only have the 2k miles received upon registry on my account..
As US dont give elite points for any of my flights except those short haul UA flights - I dont really see the point of crediting them there...

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated

-Stephano
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:18 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Stephano
I currently hold US Dividend Miles Platinum status (in which I obtained without ever flying US - but thats another story). I status matched to TK and should receive my Elite status there soon (based on readings here on FT).

I also have two flights in which I have yet to credit to any program:
BKK-FRA TG C
FRA-SVG LH C

And will have the following upcoming flights in the next months;
SVG-CPH SK W
CPH-EWR SK C (upgrade via optiontown - if it goes through)
EWR-DFW UA T
LAS-SFO UA T
SFO-CPH SK C (upgrade via optiontown - if it goes through)
CPH-SVG SK W

As I already hold *G status with US (and soon TK), is there any point of crediting these miles to my Miles&Bonus account ? I only have the 2k miles received upon registry on my account..
As US dont give elite points for any of my flights except those short haul UA flights - I dont really see the point of crediting them there...
I don't understand the relevance of M&B to you. Now that you are TK*G, why would you bother with any other program? I mean, if UA was offering 2000 miles for new accounts, would you randomly open an UA account and credit there?

You know you need 25000 miles per year (or 37500 / 2 yrs) to maintain your TK*G, right?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by :D!
I don't understand the relevance of M&B to you. Now that you are TK*G, why would you bother with any other program? I
So he doesn't have to keep on working hard to retain his gold status.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ELAL
So he doesn't have to keep on working hard to retain his gold status.
Exactly.. As far as I understand the A3 gold does not expire as long as you credit a flight every 1/2 year..?

But 37500 every 2 year should not be very difficult either, considering I will be doing some traveling for work (and my current company does not let me buy miles and fly on awards as my previous one - which lead to many great First Class experiences

As far as I have calculated - I will accumulate around 35-38 000 miles on these legs if all goes well with the upgrade on the SK legs;
does that mean that I am good (if crediting a few more flights) for TK gold for 4 years (initial 2 years, plus requalifying for 2 years?)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:00 pm

...As far as I have calculated - I will accumulate around 35-38 000 miles on these legs if all goes well with the upgrade on the SK legs;
does that mean that I am good (if crediting a few more flights) for TK gold for 4 years (initial 2 years, plus requalifying for 2 years?)
I think you should ask this in the TK forum.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:15 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Hi!

As I read in here - it looks as though you guys are in the know of where to credit my *A miles.

There is a dedicated thread for this in the *A forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html

You may want to read this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...formation.html
Old Jan 31, 2013, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by intuition
There is a dedicated thread for this in the *A forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html

You may want to read this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...formation.html
Well, just realizing that my TK Status Match will probably not go through - as rumors are that they have stopped doing this from 01.01.13 - I think its best to credit all the miles to A3 to get gold there.. (dont see any point of crediting them to US as they dont give any elite bonus on these carriers)
But am I correct that that A3 gold is kept as long as you credit a flight to the account every 1/2 year?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
But am I correct that that A3 gold is kept as long as you credit a flight to the account every 1/2 year?
For the time being, yes.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA-S, A3-G
Can somebody point me to the place mentioning the maintaining of the gold status by crediting a flight every 1/2 year (6 months). I looked through A3 T&C and wasn't being able to locate it. Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:42 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mjgodden
Beware - may have been "burned" on the NZ flights. Was booked into Premium Econ (U,O or E) and then, through the OneUp system, got upgraded to Business Premier. Have just had the LAX-LHR flight declined for credit as apparently it books into R class.

Have requested reconsideration of the claim - considering the amount of money paid, you would thing that it would earn something, even if not the full amount for business class. I won't have a leg to stand on if they deny the claim but I am hoping that not including R class as a "paying" class was an oversight.

One to watch for for those who are using or plan to fly NZ and credit to A3.

Will advise the (likely negative) outcome.

Mark

Edit: Damn it. Just checked 4 other *A members and none pay credit for R. Oh well.
Follow up to this - I contacted NZ via their website and they replied stating that they upgrade to R to denote that the passenger is not entitled to any class of service bonus beyond their original ticketed class. They pay their own Airpoints members based upon original booked class and asked me to ask A3 to send through a manual claim to them and they would honour based on original class, in my case, A.

Will update again as this progresses. Good news so far though.

Mark
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Originally Posted by LotFTL
I purchased OS tickets in booking class P for VIE-DXB-VIE. I checked on A3's website to see, that my class was not in the chart!!! It is a business class fare, so it's impossible not to be able to collect any miles at all. I noticed, that they didn't update the 'earn miles' page for quite a long time and as far as I remember booking class P appeared in OS this September.

Did anyone experience the same problem earlier? If yes, could you tell me how A3 credits miles for such flights?
Does anyone have any further experience trying to credit P fares to Aegean? I've got a VIE-YYZ coming up in business on OS and need to know if/how it would credit.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months
on the US Air website it says

"Dividend Miles members traveling on US Airways will accrue based on the actual miles flown. Base members flying US Airways Shuttle will accrue the actual miles flown or 500 miles per segment, whichever is greater."

So would I get the same 500 miles per segment when putting the miles in my A3 account ?

assuming its on US Air metal......
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:26 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by soarer
on the US Air website it says

"Dividend Miles members traveling on US Airways will accrue based on the actual miles flown. Base members flying US Airways Shuttle will accrue the actual miles flown or 500 miles per segment, whichever is greater."

So would I get the same 500 miles per segment when putting the miles in my A3 account ?

assuming its on US Air metal......
No, Divident Miles program does not have any influence over A3 program. Look at step #3 in the first post of this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.