Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:41 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, without trying to be snarky, A3 gets its milage from the A3 chart. LH-operated flights in booking class S earns 50% on M&B.

If I do a quick check the S fare earns 100% on M&M. So the miles you've earned seems correct.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:55 am

Aegean will give you 50% for S class tickets (I assume you flew "worldwide" given the mileage), while M&M gave you 100%.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Thanks intuition and KLouis, I was looking at the wrong chart (doH!) - got it now
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: A3
I'm hoping someone can help me with what may be a very basic question - I was just about to book a SIN-ZRH LX code share flight (operated by SQ). I was going to go S-class, so is it likely that miles will be credited at 100% (the SQ rate) or 50% (the LX rate)?

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
That's impossible to tell without first-hand experience, unfortunately. The fare class on a codeshare flight tends to translate into a different one on the operating carrier. In other words, if LX sells you an S-class ticket, that doesn't mean at all that the flight will be credited as S. It might even end up as a non-earning class for all we know (although this isn't probable). I wouldn't risk it unless someone comes along and gives first-hand input, as long as you have other options.

By the way, A3 chart gives 100% for S-class as well, not sure where you got the 50% from

Oh, and welcome to FT
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: A3
Thank you gojko88. I ended up ringing them today and they told me LX S-class = SQ W-class, so there we are!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GTMD
Thank you gojko88. I ended up ringing them today and they told me LX S-class = SQ W-class, so there we are!
And what does SQ W class earn on A3?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
And what does SQ W class earn on A3?

100%
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:10 pm

My first post, hope you can help me.

If I do a round trip with ARN-FRA-YYZ-MIA (Air Canada), will it make me Gold? Everything is Z=200%.

Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by Jakkai1
My first post, hope you can help me.

If I do a round trip with ARN-FRA-YYZ-MIA (Air Canada), will it make me Gold? Everything is Z=200%.

Thanks.
Yes it should do had you been flying AC metal, but assuming you're flying Lufthansa metal I'm not sure how they compare.
Welcome to FT.

Last edited by ELAL; Jan 23, 2013 at 4:17 pm
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by ELAL
Yes it should do had you been flyinf AC metal, but assuming you're flying Lufthansa metal I'm not sure how they compare.
Welcome to FT.
LH on ARN-FRA, then AC on FRA-YYZ-MIA.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by Jakkai1
LH on ARN-FRA, then AC on FRA-YYZ-MIA.
The AC flights alone should be enough.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
AC Z class codeshares on LH often book into P.

However, most (all?) AC Z fares allow you to freely use their JV partners - so if you book using the LH flight number, it should book into Z.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:55 am

Exclamation

Beware - may have been "burned" on the NZ flights. Was booked into Premium Econ (U,O or E) and then, through the OneUp system, got upgraded to Business Premier. Have just had the LAX-LHR flight declined for credit as apparently it books into R class.

Have requested reconsideration of the claim - considering the amount of money paid, you would thing that it would earn something, even if not the full amount for business class. I won't have a leg to stand on if they deny the claim but I am hoping that not including R class as a "paying" class was an oversight.

One to watch for for those who are using or plan to fly NZ and credit to A3.

Will advise the (likely negative) outcome.

Mark

Edit: Damn it. Just checked 4 other *A members and none pay credit for R. Oh well.

Last edited by mjgodden; Jan 25, 2013 at 5:01 am Reason: additional info
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
The class you originally ticketed into should be the one you accrue miles for - I'd be surprised if NZ reissues your ticket after the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.