Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:56 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by kanor
LH miles yes
LH lounges yes if you have LH status
not because of ownership but Luxair in part of Miles and More
Thanks for this explanation.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:13 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
LH miles yes
LH lounges yes if you have LH status
not because of ownership but Luxair in part of Miles and More
Just so we make this crystal clear - this answer is in regard to a member of M&More. This is the M&Bonus forum, and a M&B membership will not earn miles on Luxair regardless of their joining to M&M programme.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by KiteM
Hello,
It also seems that if you fly with Luxair and Air Dolomiti (owned by LH) you don't get nothing on A3. It's a shame because I'm using to fly with this two companies.
I can confirm that flying Air Dolomiti-operated LH code-sharing flights does not give miles.
I also asked Aegean, the answer being negative quoting the M&B regulations:

“…Members of the Program can accrue and redeem miles on flights operated by Star Alliance member-airlines. It shall be made clear that the flight must be operated by any Star Alliance member-airline and not by other collaborating airline company (code-share flights)...”
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by flyweb
I can confirm that flying Air Dolomiti-operated LH code-sharing flights does not give miles.
I also asked Aegean, the answer being negative quoting the M&B regulations:

“…Members of the Program can accrue and redeem miles on flights operated by Star Alliance member-airlines. It shall be made clear that the flight must be operated by any Star Alliance member-airline and not by other collaborating airline company (code-share flights)...”
Some EN flights are wet-leases (was common until recently) with LH2xxx or similar flight numbers and you get A3 miles as LH is *A.
Most EN flights with LH ticket are code-shares with LH9xxx numbers, and EN is not *A so no A3 miles or benefits ofcourse.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:14 am

Some EN flights are wet-leases (was common until recently) with LH2xxx or similar flight numbers and you get A3 miles as LH is *A.
Most EN flights with LH ticket are code-shares with LH9xxx numbers, and EN is not *A so no A3 miles or benefits ofcourse.
Thank you, I was missing the wet lease thing.
My flight was a code share, as both flight numbers were on the airport screens.

However, LH flight numbers was in the LH2xxx form (in particular, LH2477 / LH2482).
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:35 am

Thank you, I was missing the wet lease thing.
My flight was a code share, as both flight numbers were on the airport screens.

However, LH flight numbers was in the LH2xxx form (in particular, LH2477 / LH2482).
You should try a retroclaim for those, EN doesnt have an all-year scheduled service to London, so either they really "f*cked" you over with some summer-only code-share (more probably since the 2 flight numbers), or LH wet-leased them and the miles just didnt post.

Btw this ........ LH behaviour is precisely why I go for LH FTL (by 30 segments) and A3*G (by mileage) at the same time this year.
Excluding many flights by EN, 4U and K2 from the cover of *A is quite annoying. And this way I will at least have easy status at both places.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:56 am

You should try a retroclaim for those, EN doesnt have an all-year scheduled service to London, so either they really "f*cked" you over with some summer-only code-share (more probably since the 2 flight numbers), or LH wet-leased them and the miles just didnt post.

Btw this ........ LH behaviour is precisely why I go for LH FTL (by 30 segments) and A3*G (by mileage) at the same time this year.
Excluding many flights by EN, 4U and K2 from the cover of *A is quite annoying. And this way I will at least have easy status at both places.
Oops... I confused first with second leg. Actually flights were in 9xxx range, an the retroclaim has already been rejected. Sorry for the mistake.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:09 am

Oops... I confused first with second leg. Actually flights were in 9xxx range, an the retroclaim has already been rejected. Sorry for the mistake.
ah ok, that makes sense, no problem
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:14 am

So, if I well understand you can get miles A3 miles on LH flight only if them are starting with LH2xxxx (stated the booking class), that's correct?

And what about if they are starting with LH6xxx? You'll got nothing (as I understand LH6xxx should be code share with luxair)?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:55 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
You will get miles on all LH flights that are in the table, if they are operated by LH.
Only if someone else is the operator, you need to start watch out.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by intuition
You will get miles on all LH flights that are in the table, if they are operated by LH.
Only if someone else is the operator, you need to start watch out.
Got it.

So, I found an European flight were one leg (in each direction) is operated by Lufthansa

Turista (Y) | Canadair Regional Jet 900 | Operato da Lufthansa Cityline
As the booking class is Y should I receive 1.250 miles (for each direction) although the flight is just 268 miles?

Or Flat Miles means the maximum miles I can earn on that booking class?

Because if it's the case #1 I can:

- Earn 1.000 miles signing up in M&B program
- Earn 2.500 miles (1.250 on each way of the r/t)

So I will have 3.500 miles and need only 500 more miles (to earn in 12 month) to reach the Blue status.
Is it right or am I dreaming?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by AxelB
Ole hyvä!
True, and I understand that you are under 25 years old so you should check for more trips with SAS youth tickets (V) to get Gold cheap.
For intra-Scandinavian trips on SAS youth tickets, when and where do they check for ID? Say you are Emma Johansson, age 99 years old, and want A3*G status but can't fly so much. What's to stop you from drafting Emma Johansson age 24 years to fly from ARN on such tickets to get Gold on the cheap at 600 mile minimum per segment each way?

On a serious note, thanks for reminding me about this deal. http://www.flysas.com/sv/Promotions-...outh/?vst=true
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by KiteM
Got it.

So, I found an European flight were one leg (in each direction) is operated by Lufthansa

As the booking class is Y should I receive 1.250 miles (for each direction) although the flight is just 268 miles?

Or Flat Miles means the maximum miles I can earn on that booking class?

Because if it's the case #1 I can:

- Earn 1.000 miles signing up in M&B program
- Earn 2.500 miles (1.250 on each way of the r/t)

So I will have 3.500 miles and need only 500 more miles (to earn in 12 month) to reach the Blue status.
Is it right or am I dreaming?
Ok....definetly I will get 1.250 miles for each leg

If there instead is a "Flat miles" value, you get the flat miles value for the segment, regardless of distance flown. Do not apply accrual factor to flat miles.
But I see also this on the first post

For some *A carriers, there are many different subsidiaries operating flights for the main airline. Some of these operators earns according to main airline chart some does not. Here is an incomplete list of subsidiaries that earns on M&B:
LH flights operated by EW, EN, IQ, CL earn miles according to LH table in A3 chart.
So, as my flight is operated by LH and EN, should I receive 1.250*4 (as there are 4 different flight number) = 6.000 miles with just this a/r? [of course also the EN flight is in Y class]
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:46 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Let me re-phrase.

All LH marketed and operated flights earn according to LH table in A3 chart

This is valid for any *A member.

As soon as you are booking a codeshare or a flight where operator and marketing airline are different, you need to watch out.

The example you have posted is not very straight-forward. Air canada express is a brand under which 4 different operaters operate, LF regional is also many different operators.

If this is your first try at earning M&B miles, I strongly sugest you find flights that are marketed and operated by one of the *A main members.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Let me re-phrase.

All LH marketed and operated flights earn according to LH table in A3 chart

This is valid for any *A member.

As soon as you are booking a codeshare or a flight where operator and marketing airline are different, you need to watch out.

The example you have posted is not very straight-forward. Air canada express is a brand under which 4 different operaters operate, LF regional is also many different operators.

If this is your first try at earning M&B miles, I strongly sugest you find flights that are marketed and operated by one of the *A main members.
I called the customer service of A3 and they confirmed me I will earn 1.250 miles for each leg on the Lufthansa Cityline.

I've also asked whether I could earn miles on the EN flight (class Y, numbered as LH flight but operated by EN) and she told me she will call me back to answer me.

I'll keep you posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.