Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

How long for my A3*G card to arrive? [Timeline to "new" M+B transition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for my A3*G card to arrive? [Timeline to "new" M+B transition]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, A3*Gold
A data point for those in the north east US. Upgraded to Gold on September 23, and just received my card today. I live in an area affected by Hurricane Sandy, and the address on my package is missing the state and the zip is missing the leading 0. Still, somehow the US Postal Service managed to figure out where to deliver the package to. As is the case with the other cases, expiry on the card is Dec 2015.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by rusti999
A data point for those in the north east US. Upgraded to Gold on September 23, and just received my card today. I live in an area affected by Hurricane Sandy, and the address on my package is missing the state and the zip is missing the leading 0. Still, somehow the US Postal Service managed to figure out where to deliver the package to. As is the case with the other cases, expiry on the card is Dec 2015.
I'm in the southern USA, not affected by Hurricane Sandy, upgraded Sept 12, and still no card.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
I am in California and qualified for Gold on 10/10. Received my card earlier this week.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by anilyst
I am in California and qualified for Gold on 10/10. Received my card earlier this week.
Thanks for input. Clearly something is wrong. I'm always so unlucky. I've just instituted the lost card request. Maybe it will come around New Years or early 2013.

Does anybody know if, upon request, A3 will email a letter acknowledging Gold Status, to tide me over as proof when I have to travel *A before the actual card shows up? Certainly I'd like lounge access and no-fee/extra baggage allowance.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Originally Posted by jiejie
Thanks for input. Clearly something is wrong. I'm always so unlucky. I've just instituted the lost card request. Maybe it will come around New Years or early 2013.

Does anybody know if, upon request, A3 will email a letter acknowledging Gold Status, to tide me over as proof when I have to travel *A before the actual card shows up? Certainly I'd like lounge access and no-fee/extra baggage allowance.
I've never requested such a letter, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. However, a printout of the account page (showing 'GOLD' and account number) has worked well for me and others. I was admitted by AC, UA and NZ lounges at various airports, no problems. According to the UA concierge at SFO, the most important thing he needed was my account number. I can't vouch for airlines other than those though, as I soon got my card.

As for baggage, that shouldn't be a huge issue, I've never once been asked for my card at check in, as *S or *G, to get all my baggage perks.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 4:57 pm

Same here in Northern California - upgraded on Sept. 11 and haven't received the card yet.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Chicago

I qualified on September 4th for Gold and it's end of November - still no card. When I qualified for Silver earlier this year, I got the card in a little over a month. Don't know what the hold up is. I requested a replacement at the beginning of November and neither one has showed up yet. Luckily for me, I still have *G status on AC until February of next year, so I have 3 more months to work this out. Don't know what the big deal is with A3 to get these cards out to people.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
I qualified on September 4th for Gold and it's end of November - still no card. When I qualified for Silver earlier this year, I got the card in a little over a month. Don't know what the hold up is. I requested a replacement at the beginning of November and neither one has showed up yet. Luckily for me, I still have *G status on AC until February of next year, so I have 3 more months to work this out. Don't know what the big deal is with A3 to get these cards out to people.
Agree, and why is there such a discrepancy in recipients who qualified at the same time? Or why people who qualified later (including October) have cards and we don't. I also got my previous card quite promptly earlier this year so this is a bit grating. Unless there was some batch of cards that got lost or destroyed on the way from Greece to USA.

At least I know now that you, me and a330300 are still in the same cardless boat! I was beginning to feel left out and lonely.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
It took around two months for them to e-mail me they tried to mail my card, but my address info was incomplete. I went online and re-entered it, even though everything was correct on the account. I also replied to their e-mail and told them that everything was correct on my account, but I had re-submitted the info.

After another month or so, I got a card; the envelope was addressed like this:

janetdoe
100 Main Street
City USA

No zip, no state. As far as I can tell, the only reason I received it was because my city has a unique name.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
Originally Posted by anilyst
Another data point - The missus flew the same flight as me on Oct 8th/9th. But her points dint post immediately. Had to wait for 2 weeks and file a retro claim on A3 website. Don't really know the exact date the points got posted. But she did receive her Gold card on 11/23.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I strongly suspect that A3 doesn't use airmail in sending cards to the USA. As a result, some are nevertheless sent by air on a space-available basis and arrive relatively quickly (but not as fast as an airmail letter would) while others are sent by surface vessel and arrive much more slowly.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by janetdoe
It took around two months for them to e-mail me they tried to mail my card, but my address info was incomplete. I went online and re-entered it, even though everything was correct on the account. I also replied to their e-mail and told them that everything was correct on my account, but I had re-submitted the info.

After another month or so, I got a card; the envelope was addressed like this:

janetdoe
100 Main Street
City USA

No zip, no state. As far as I can tell, the only reason I received it was because my city has a unique name.
Bingo. I think this could be the problem. With no zip or state, there would be no way that card would get to me, as my town's name occurs in several places in the USA. However, my Blue/Silver/whatever card I got previously came just fine....so it didn't occur to me that they couldn't get it right again. I will email them and try to establish the importance of using the entire set of postal information, as a just-in-case measure.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:58 am

Boy do I feel like an Idiot

Of course, the Gold Card just shows up in the mail this morning. Expiration date 12/15. Christmas come early. So, there's hope for the cardless among you yet. Now if A3 can just stay solvent for a nice long while, so I can get copious practice using it.

However, my envelope was addressed:
NAME
Street Address
Zip City
US

No state at all. Thankfully the Zip Code was on or it would be in the undeliverable bucket for sure.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Card upgrade on 31/8/2012 and arrived 26/11/2012 in the US. Wow, sure takes time!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:09 pm
formerly RZachSmith

I hit "card upgrade" to Gold on the website last week. I'm flying an award ticket LH/TG in a couple of weeks. The odds of my gold card arriving before then are obviously very, very slim.

Has anyone had any experience using their old Silver card, with a printout showing the upgrade status, to get into LH Senator lounges? Trying to figure out my plan in FRA. I've heard LH can be a stickler, but if I have a card and it scans and shows gold, logic would tell me I'd have decent luck...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.