Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

How long for my A3*G card to arrive? [Timeline to "new" M+B transition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for my A3*G card to arrive? [Timeline to "new" M+B transition]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:52 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Global guy
After checking their system he said that the Gold card was issued Jan 23 and that I should receive it around Feb 23 ! A whole month for the mail !
I suspect they're just being cautious to manage expectations (which they do with a lot of things, for example miles retro-claims, and sometimes even that's not enough!). The Greek postal system, coupled with the US one linking into Canada (I would guess all North American cards are distributed via the US), is probably a recipe for disaster, so that caution is understandable . I'm pretty sure you'll see it a fair bit quicker than that in reality.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Feb 10, 2015 at 1:52 am
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Card issued 24 Nov and arrived in Beijing on 10 Feb! Took 11 weeks - can anyone beat that record?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:42 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Got my gold back in mid-Jan to my PL address.
My brother who is gold never received his (same mailing address).
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Card issued 24 Nov and arrived in Beijing on 10 Feb! Took 11 weeks - can anyone beat that record?
Card issued 2nd Nov. Still waiting. That's 14 weeks and still counting..
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Well this gives me some hope at least. Mine was issued Nov 24 as well and still has not arrived.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by taliesin
Well this gives me some hope at least. Mine was issued Nov 24 as well and still has not arrived.
Given the combination of US and Hellenic Mail, I'd be tempted to ask for a replacement card to be sent.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:37 am

Programs: LX SEN
I just received the following information from A3:

Miles+Bonus | Important information about your card

We would like to inform you that your Gold card will be sent to the address registered in your Miles+Bonus account within the next days. The new card you'll soon receive shall replace the one that we recently sent you so that you can enjoy the privileges of your Gold membership.

Meanwhile, you can easily log into your account and have instant access to your digital card. Your Gold digital card is available through the Miles+Bonus section at mobile.aegeanair.com and Aegean mobile app.

We remain at your disposal for any requirements you may have.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by alinghi90
Same here
In January I received a Blue card instead of Gold one
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by alinghi90
My brother-in-law too - who is based in Pretoria, South Africa. Interesting as he only received his Blue (*Silver) card last week.

signol
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by KiteM
Same here
I was informed by Aegean today that the wrong card has been sent but have not received it yet. They promise to send the Gold Card due within the next few days. As someone who does not suffer fools gladly, I pray that the manager of M&B is shortly given more time to spend with their family.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:46 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by johnirvine
I was informed by Aegean today that the wrong card has been sent but have not received it yet. They promise to send the Gold Card due within the next few days. As someone who does not suffer fools gladly, I pray that the manager of M&B is shortly given more time to spend with their family.
So they were proactive? Sure, I'd be annoyed a mistake had been made, but I'd be pleased it had been recognised, acknowledged and was being rectified. I certainly wouldn't be getting myself too annoyed given the myriad of other options available to prove status ...

Ten days ago, my credit card company cancelled my card because they believed a transaction that was actually perfectly genuine was fraudulent. They didn't put a temporary stop on the card so they could ask me about the transaction, which would seem an eminently sensible route - they just cancelled the card, told me to cut it up because it wouldn't be accepted, and to wait 5 business days for a replacement to arrive. I'm still waiting, and in the meantime I can't order lots of things online in foreign currency because this particular card has zero fx conversion charges. That's a serious inconvenience for me, but as yet it hasn't stopped me getting any *G benefits. Yes, I want the card company to put it right quickly, and I want to know why it happened, but I'm not seriously calling for the head of the credit card division to resign because his fraud department and policies are, imo, broken.

My choice, which I might well exercise, is to find and switch to another card. Similarly, if anyone finds A3's performance so unsatisfactory that they feel a different FFP would be more appropriate for them, it's equally their right to switch whenever they like.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
So they were proactive? Sure, I'd be annoyed a mistake had been made, but I'd be pleased it had been recognised, acknowledged and was being rectified. I certainly wouldn't be getting myself too annoyed given the myriad of other options available to prove status ...

Ten days ago, my credit card company cancelled my card because they believed a transaction that was actually perfectly genuine was fraudulent. They didn't put a temporary stop on the card so they could ask me about the transaction, which would seem an eminently sensible route - they just cancelled the card, told me to cut it up because it wouldn't be accepted, and to wait 5 business days for a replacement to arrive. I'm still waiting, and in the meantime I can't order lots of things online in foreign currency because this particular card has zero fx conversion charges. That's a serious inconvenience for me, but as yet it hasn't stopped me getting any *G benefits. Yes, I want the card company to put it right quickly, and I want to know why it happened, but I'm not seriously calling for the head of the credit card division to resign because his fraud department and policies are, imo, broken.

My choice, which I might well exercise, is to find and switch to another card. Similarly, if anyone finds A3's performance so unsatisfactory that they feel a different FFP would be more appropriate for them, it's equally their right to switch whenever they like.
I do not see the relevance of your reply. The credit card was stopped for technically valid reasons and the bank has probably acted reasonably given the Visa/Mastercard or Amex regulations in force. In the case of Aegean, the airline has acted wholly unreasonably.

I have been waiting for my card since November 6th and now find they can't get it together even to send out the correct one. The launch of the new M&B program has been a disaster - just look through the different threads you moderate and make a list of all the problems that still exist: missing cards, incorrect cards, missing mileage, inability to use points for upgrades, etc. When things go badly wrong, management must take responsibility.

Your advice to find another program is unfortunately difficult to follow as I am mainly based in Cyprus. The collapse of Cyprus Airways means that Aegean will increasingly be in a monopoly position on most popular routes from the country. For me, the only option is A3 and I will therefore do whatever is necessary to prod them into becoming more efficient and responsive to customer needs.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by KiteM
Same here
Same. Upgraded to gold on December 11, received blue card mid-January. I really hope this email doesn't mean they just sent the card out now.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AB Gold
Upgraded to Gold on 2nd octobre, nothing received yet whatsoever...
It leads me to wonder if my card got lost on its way (if it was sent out in the first place.)
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:24 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by johnirvine
I do not see the relevance of your reply. The credit card was stopped for technically valid reasons and the bank has probably acted reasonably given the Visa/Mastercard or Amex regulations in force. In the case of Aegean, the airline has acted wholly unreasonably.

I have been waiting for my card since November 6th and now find they can't get it together even to send out the correct one. The launch of the new M&B program has been a disaster - just look through the different threads you moderate and make a list of all the problems that still exist: missing cards, incorrect cards, missing mileage, inability to use points for upgrades, etc. When things go badly wrong, management must take responsibility.

Your advice to find another program is unfortunately difficult to follow as I am mainly based in Cyprus. The collapse of Cyprus Airways means that Aegean will increasingly be in a monopoly position on most popular routes from the country. For me, the only option is A3 and I will therefore do whatever is necessary to prod them into becoming more efficient and responsive to customer needs.
The relevance is that I have actually been inconvenienced because I've been unable to carry out some transactions due to the non-arrival of a card, and yet I'm not calling for people to lose their jobs. I would venture to suggest someone based in Greece or close by probably hasn't yet been denied any *G benefits given their status will have been reflected on BP's and the virtual card, in which case it's difficult to make a case for hardship.

Of course, as a mod, I'm well aware of how many threads and posts there are criticising A3. I'm also aware there are many that praise the things A3 do - so I don't believe the dark picture painted of the airline is everyone's reality. It's certainly not mine, although living in the UK my exposure is less than many.

It's not my advice to anyone to find a different FFP - that's entirely an individual's choice. Of course, in the same way that as a UK resident I have joined a Greek FFP, anyone is free to join a program from America, Brazil, Turkey, Germany or anywhere else if the total package suits them best - including any perceived level of competence or customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.