Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

How long for my A3*G card to arrive? [Timeline to "new" M+B transition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for my A3*G card to arrive? [Timeline to "new" M+B transition]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Snacky
Yeah, that is perverse. That's exactly what it is ...
What did you ever do to them to deserve this utter insult?

Snacky
Given the (ongoing) problems with their IT systems what I read here I can imagine things not going 100% as they should. And with my virtual account being all correct, I don't care actually care that much at all about it. There are more important things in life than just a card

Just thought it was worth posting - maybe others have similar experiences these days receiving the wrong cards! (as I assume A3 started with sending new gold cards, ending with blue)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
New Gold card(s) arrived today for the whole family. Location Finland, Expiry date same as with everyone else, 24/01/2016.

It causes some perverse pleasure at lounges when you enter first and they look at you, card and the family and say that it is valid for ONE guest and you go like, yeah I know and I am not guesting any of them
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Given the (ongoing) problems with their IT systems what I read here I can imagine things not going 100% as they should. And with my virtual account being all correct, I don't care actually care that much at all about it. There are more important things in life than just a card
Just thought it was worth posting - maybe others have similar experiences these days receiving the wrong cards! (as I assume A3 started with sending new gold cards, ending with blue)
Maybe they simply ran out of Gold cards, and decided it was better to downgrade you on the spot, to atleast be able send you a card. Anyway, made me chuckle ...

Snacky
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Gold card received today for ms. Furry. My card is not yet received.

We were both upgraded to gold beginning of Oct.

Postage stamp from Royal Mail UK.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BAEC Bronze, LH *S
Gold card also received today. Design is quite minimalistic I have to say.

Postage stamp from Royal Mail UK as well.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Angry

I was upgraded to A3*G on Nov 2nd. On telephoning Aegean today, the agent informed me that cards were being sent out in two batches. Mine would be processed at the end of January and I should expect to receive it at the end of February. This is hopeless incompetence and Aegean should be ashamed of themselves!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by johnirvine
I was upgraded to A3*G on Nov 2nd. On telephoning Aegean today, the agent informed me that cards were being sent out in two batches. Mine would be processed at the end of January and I should expect to receive it at the end of February. This is hopeless incompetence and Aegean should be ashamed of themselves!
Why should they be ashamed?

What is YOUR problem without havien an additional (gold-) card in your wallet until February?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Why should they be ashamed?

What is YOUR problem without havien an additional (gold-) card in your wallet until February?
Do you think Aegean should be proud of such a performance? Taking 4 months to issue a card is totally unacceptable. If Aegean were unprepared to service their new FFP program, they should have delayed the launch until they were properly prepared. There are certain cases where it is not particularly helpful to use a TK*G card - for example, when flying from the Republic of Cyprus.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:04 pm

Do you think Aegean should be proud of such a performance? Taking 4 months to issue a card is totally unacceptable. If Aegean were unprepared to service their new FFP program, they should have delayed the launch until they were properly prepared. There are certain cases where it is not particularly helpful to use a TK*G card - for example, when flying from the Republic of Cyprus.
They stopped sending cards until the End of November, guess this was communicated this way...

You still can chose to add your A3 # to your booking, status will be recognized and it will be stated on your bordingcard... And if somebody explicably wants to see your card, show the one from the app... You have no disadvantage without a physical plastic card!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:05 pm

Renewal *G card arrived today in ZRH
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
I'm also on this batch then.

Upgraded on 2nd Nov. But I'm all the way to SYD. So add another week or so.

But I don't really care if i get the card, i am getting the perks anyway. stayed in lounge. got 5okg of luggage. priority boarding, checking in, express pass, priority on luggage. so who needs the plastic thingey anyway. its just formality!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by scrappydog
I'm also on this batch then.

Upgraded on 2nd Nov. But I'm all the way to SYD. So add another week or so.

But I don't really care if i get the card, i am getting the perks anyway. stayed in lounge. got 5okg of luggage. priority boarding, checking in, express pass, priority on luggage. so who needs the plastic thingey anyway. its just formality!
Good for you, and I wish you the best on your travels. But, never underestimate a check-in agent or a lounge dragon having a bad day, deciding to take it out on weary travelers at whim. It has happened before, and will happen again ...

Snacky
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:35 am

Do you think Aegean should be proud of such a performance? Taking 4 months to issue a card is totally unacceptable. If Aegean were unprepared to service their new FFP program, they should have delayed the launch until they were properly prepared.
I tend to agree that 4 months to ship a card is way over on the side of terrible customer service. As long as all *A airlines accept the digital card or a *G-tagged BP, it won't matter that much, but that is not always the case ...

Snacky
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Received the new gold card and luggage tag today! Location: Sweden.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:31 pm

I have today received my card 24 hours before my international flight - so I am happy - and lucky. I am not returning for months so my return would be more embarrassing without the card. Plus I am using lounges of 4 different airlines with my two way ticket. My envelope also was franked and mailed in the UK.
I do not agree that the card is not important. Fraudsters and cheats can create fake copies of gold cards on their iPhone or print out false mileage statements etc. Then try to sweet talk or bluff benefits they are not entitled to. Look at it from the point of view of the check in person, or lounge attendant. I once saw a guy in the First Class queue trying to get into First with only a Business ticket - by being very loud and obnoxious. "My office always buys me a First Class ticket". (Was BA at SFO an Englishman).
As said before the card is part of the prestige of being gold. if you don't want prestige, then why bother being gold in the first place? Some people pay huge money for prestige via tickets they buy - they show off queuing in first or business, we can show off even with a discount economy ticket.
So at worst, without a card, we look like potential low life scammers. At best we look like bumbling nincompoops who have left their Gold card at home. Blaming the postal service - the oldest excuse in the book.
As I posted before, but this time to Air Rarotonga, why not go to your bank and try to get cash without your plastic card? Take some scraps of paper you have printed on your own computer or show them your iPhone app and see how you go. Or, show a traffic policeman a copy of your license via photocopy or IPhone app. Maybe try this with a passport photocopy or iPhone app?
We have a wallet full of plastic cards because we need them. Only Aegean - of all the cards I have - posted my card late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.