Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
They are only valid at Fairmont hotel as far as I know.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Quote:
Now is the perfect time to save! Our annual Mother’s Day e-gift card bonus sale returns on Wednesday May 4, 2022, from 2-5pm EDT only. Purchase a Fairmont or Willow Stream Spa e-gift card and receive a 20% bonus e-gift card free.

https://bit.ly/GiftCardTerms_2022

Did not most prior Fairmont gift card sales take place on Fridays?

PS-are Fairmont gift cards bought at these sales event only valid at Fairmont hotels, or at other L'Accor hotels as well?
Good only at Fairmont, anywhere in the world. I've seen other brands do similar promos. I've seen Raffles gift card bonuses, but only at 10%, I think.

The spring sale has typically been on Wednesday and the fall sale on Black Friday.
Old May 4, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Fairmont Gift Cert.

Hi,

Can you use Fairmont Gift Cert. to pay for hotels booked with this Sale....Effectively giving you a bigger discount.

"Ready to star in your own vacation? Book the trip you deserve and create your own magic with
up to 30% off at participating destinations throughout North & Central America. Be sure to book from April 19 until September 7 for stays until December 31, 2022.¹"
Old May 4, 2022, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Stacycrow
Hi,

Can you use Fairmont Gift Cert. to pay for hotels booked with this Sale....Effectively giving you a bigger discount.

"Ready to star in your own vacation? Book the trip you deserve and create your own magic with
up to 30% off at participating destinations throughout North & Central America. Be sure to book from April 19 until September 7 for stays until December 31, 2022.¹"
Yes. You can use these certs as if they were cash. Whatever other offer you have, the gift cert savings stack on top. The only issue is if your rate includes a prepayment, you need to ask the hotel to refund your original payment to then apply the certs. They will indeed do this, but if the hotel is in a different currency than your credit card, you might lose a few percent on the FX spread between the credit card charge and refund.
Stacycrow likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 12:07 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
In November I had many problems buying gift cards - nothing worked. Had to be resolved offline with customer service. This time, first attempt went through no problem
Old May 4, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Thumbs up

Very happy with this Spring Bonus session - only CAD5k this time, will be doing lots more Oceanic travel this years little Fairmont exposure there ... no problems this time!
Old May 4, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Can these be used for fairmontstore.com too?
Old May 4, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Absolutely! Did it a few months ago.
bellerophontes likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:01 pm

Success! Purchased 5 separate shopping carts this round. First one got declined by my bank, as I received a text message from the bank instantly, thinking it was fraudulent. I confirmed by text it was legit, and then retried the transaction, which then went through without any issue. The other 4 cards approved the transactions right away. Very happy again!
Old May 4, 2022, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by bellerophontes
Can these be used for fairmontstore.com too?
Yes, and unlike in the more distant past, where you could use a Promo Code OR a Gift Card, for the last couple of years, you can combine them. But do wait for a sale, as they usually have a Black Friday sale at the Fairmont Store.
bellerophontes likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Today I learned that the bonus goes to the buyer, not the recipient.
Old May 11, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
It's been a whole week, but I have not received the GCs I bought on May 4.
Old May 11, 2022, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
It's been a whole week, but I have not received the GCs I bought on May 4.
Call them at 1-888-242-6977. They're very helpful. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes after purchase.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thanks, CanadaDH! I phoned that number. She told me that they had sent them to a different email address of mine. I checked that one, where I found them in Suspect Email, sent on May 4. My bad!
CanadaDH likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:43 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Looking forward to see if the sale will proceed on Black Friday as in previous years. Did someone hear news?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.