Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Lifeexperiences hasn’t sent a promo email out since May. Also no updates to social media. Must be going out of business.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Is it possible to use a gift card for a fully prepaid rate? Either at the time of booking or getting to reimbursed and using the gift card at the time of checkout?
Old Dec 11, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
Is it possible to use a gift card for a fully prepaid rate? Either at the time of booking or getting to reimbursed and using the gift card at the time of checkout?
Not at time of booking, that I'm aware of, but the hotel will refund your deposit to you upon checkout in order to apply a gift card. I don't do a lot of prepaid rates, but I've never been told they wouldn't on any stay where I asked.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
you may want to call in to check on this one. I’m only aware of deposit return and paying by gift card at checkout, not prepaid.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by jephdub
you may want to call in to check on this one. I’m only aware of deposit return and paying by gift card at checkout, not prepaid.
What is the difference between a "deposit" and "prepaid"? Isn't a prepaid booking just a deposit that happens to be for 100% of the cost of the stay? If so, then you can still have that refunded. A good example is the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, who at least during ski season, even when paying the full Daily Rate, requires the booking to be paid in full a few weeks before arrival. They have always refunded that "deposit" or "prepayment" at checkout so I could pay by gift card.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
What is the difference between a "deposit" and "prepaid"? Isn't a prepaid booking just a deposit that happens to be for 100% of the cost of the stay? If so, then you can still have that refunded. A good example is the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, who at least during ski season, even when paying the full Daily Rate, requires the booking to be paid in full a few weeks before arrival. They have always refunded that "deposit" or "prepayment" at checkout so I could pay by gift card.
I’ve only personally done it with ‘deposit’ so unsure on the prepaid. If you’ve had success getting refund with prepaid then I guess it works on that too, but I still suggest to call in to confirm.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 5:07 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I have only stayed in Fairmonts 2 nights in the last 6 months due to the gift card sale not taking place back in November. Hopefully it comes back in May although I am not holding my breath. Has someone heard rumors yet?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 5:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
that's correct, deposit is an amount paid to guarantee the booking (usually up to 50%), that can be refunded (or not) depending on booking conditions. In case of a no-show, the deposit is lost.
Prepaid is a full payment of the booking ahead of the stay, usually paid with a credit card, but some arrangements could be made if it's not possible to pay with the credit card (ie credit card declined or booking not made online but directly with the hotel).
Old May 14, 2023, 4:19 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Seems like it's dead again. The lack of Fairmont gift cards might be the #1 reason why my Accor status will possibly drop from Diamond to Platinum at the end of the year. I simply find less value than other chains now, mostly because of Fairmont brand which used to have some nuggets but with the lack of gift cards, no single hotel brand has increased in price more than Fairmont for me.
Old May 14, 2023, 8:39 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Agree, was seeking these having exhausted my supply recently.

Guessing the new CEO and all his push for chic luxury doesn't seem the need for discounts?
Old May 15, 2023, 8:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Agree, was seeking these having exhausted my supply recently.

Guessing the new CEO and all his push for chic luxury doesn't seem the need for discounts?
New CEO ? 🤔
Old May 15, 2023, 8:47 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by macaron95
New CEO ? 🤔
https://www.hospitalitynet.org/appoi.../79026137.html

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/external/4116240.html
Old May 15, 2023, 8:57 am
Suspended

When a new CEO is appointed, it takes several months before there are noticeable changes. Current pricing has already been decided at least one year in advance so not under his watch.
Old May 17, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Sad to see the gift card sales disappear.
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 7:08 am

Indeed, very sad. At least the rules & regulations page for the gift card sale is still active... and, back in 2015 or 2016 the sale was in June =D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.