Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:27 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I reached out to ask, and was told they are not having a Black Friday gift card promotion this year. I guess it's time to review some of my upcoming bookings...
Thanks for reporting back, despite this being bad news. It is exactly what I was starting to fear when I saw the lack of update to the gift card webpage

Not only LE is limiting due to $1k, but is only only usable in Canada rather than worldwide.

Not having a gift card promo will have a non-negligible impact on my 2023 stays because suddenly all potential Fairmont stays have gone up in price by 25%. I need to be nimble and adapt rather than complain - my business will shift elsewhere I am afraid.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by escape4
Thanks for reporting back, despite this being bad news. It is exactly what I was starting to fear when I saw the lack of update to the gift card webpage

Not only LE is limiting due to $1k, but is only only usable in Canada rather than worldwide.

Not having a gift card promo will have a non-negligible impact on my 2023 stays because suddenly all potential Fairmont stays have gone up in price by 25%. I need to be nimble and adapt rather than complain - my business will shift elsewhere I am afraid.
I agree with your point, but you must have been getting a better promo discount that I was! More like 20%.

I wonder if this is a temporary change, or if all future similar promos are cancelled. I think I have about $12k worth of gift cards still in my 'inventory', which should get me through January, but it won't get me through my planned March trips, and the next promo date would have been in May. But, if they've killed the Nov 2022 promo, there's a pretty good chance the same will happen with the May 2023 promo. It's not the first time this promo has changed. There was one a couple of years ago where they dropped the bonus to 15%, and then put it back up for the next bonus. There were also similar promos where they didn't even announce it in advance, with essentially a flash sale announced on social media about an hour ahead, with the deal open for only a couple of hours.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I agree with your point, but you must have been getting a better promo discount that I was! More like 20%.

I wonder if this is a temporary change, or if all future similar promos are cancelled. I think I have about $12k worth of gift cards still in my 'inventory', which should get me through January, but it won't get me through my planned March trips, and the next promo date would have been in May. But, if they've killed the Nov 2022 promo, there's a pretty good chance the same will happen with the May 2023 promo. It's not the first time this promo has changed. There was one a couple of years ago where they dropped the bonus to 15%, and then put it back up for the next bonus. There were also similar promos where they didn't even announce it in advance, with essentially a flash sale announced on social media about an hour ahead, with the deal open for only a couple of hours.
Oops I had in mind that the discount was 20% so the increase is 1/0.80=1.25. But you are right, I had the wrong 20% in mind

I think if I was in charge I would want to test the waters once in a while to see what happens if the promo is not running, evaluate the decrease in volume and re-assess if the promo is worth it. Rather than permanently assume the promo is worthwhile for them, without checking their assumptions every now and then.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
This sucks. Usually buy 15-20k of these.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:22 pm

Bummer. We usually buy $10k. Oh well, I guess its time to move on.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC SE
Thanks for the update and unfortunate to hear that the gift card sale isn't happening this year. The Black Friday sale is also underwhelming compared to prior years, so I'll be taking a pause on Fairmont stays and going elsewhere for the near future.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Confirmed as well from Accor corporate, no sale this BF.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Did the math. Will probably cancel $20K of stays due to this. Fairmont pricing has gone quite crazy, and I justified a few of the bookings with this 20% bonus, that now look significantly more expensive than the competition. Obviously they know what they are doing, but this is really disappointing to see. I hope they get feedback that this was a good booking driver and maybe offer a boxing day sale.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:39 am

Programs: Le Club Accor
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Confirmed as well from Accor corporate, no sale this BF.
..... NO Black Friday offers for rest of the world ? Confirmed ?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Did I missed it somehow or is LifeExperience also not having their usual deal?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:34 am

Programs: HHonnors diamond
Giftcards for uk

https://gb.accor-giftcards.com/

Found this for uk accor hotels. Valid uk only and not with prepaid bookings.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
Did I missed it somehow or is LifeExperience also not having their usual deal?
You didn't miss it. They didn't have a sale this year. It seems there just aren't many BF deals in the industry this year. Even things like airport parking, I used to prebook my parking at YYZ for upcoming trips with a BF promo code. Nothing this year.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Well nothing this semiannual period. Other parts of the world like the UK, Germany, and Aus/NZ/Fiji did regional Accor 20% bonuses with limitations, but nonetheless had something. Wonder if the actions of us here who choose elsewhere because of this decision will influence a Boxing Day revival?
Old Nov 26, 2022, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by patty canuck
Well nothing this semiannual period. Other parts of the world like the UK, Germany, and Aus/NZ/Fiji did regional Accor 20% bonuses with limitations, but nonetheless had something. Wonder if the actions of us here who choose elsewhere because of this decision will influence a Boxing Day revival?
Some people will probably refrain from making Fairmont reservations in the next 6 months (rather than cancel what they have now) so it's not something Accor will notice immediately
Old Nov 26, 2022, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by dd64
https://gb.accor-giftcards.com/

Found this for uk accor hotels. Valid uk only and not with prepaid bookings.
Apparently there is a similar offer in Germany, except that it is valid for 3 years and not 1 like in the UK.

ETA - I just found the link for Germany:

https://de.accor-giftcards.com/

The German version definitely is valid for 3 years, as evidenced by the following text:

"Die beschenkte Person hat drei Jahre Zeit, den Gutschein in unseren deutschen Hotels einzulsen"

Going further into the TCs it says that the voucher is valid for 3 years starting from the end of the year in course. The vouchers can be used in several stages and don't need to be redeemed in one go. Makes me think that the €250-€300 voucher might be worth getting. Of course, when you get these you have to redeem them in the country where you bought them. I find that slightly odd for such an international hotel chain (and a pain if you suddenly need a series of stays in, say, France). But I reckon that 3 years is a very reasonable wave of time to use it up, especially for somebody often in Germany such as myself.

Last edited by Concerto; Nov 26, 2022 at 2:29 pm Reason: more info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.