Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by escape4
Looking forward to see if the sale will proceed on Black Friday as in previous years. Did someone hear news?
I haven't heard anything, but it's not typically announced until the week before. Sometimes, if you visit the page for the promotion rules, they've updated the dates in advance of the announcement.

e-Gift Card Promotion Rules & Regulations - Fairmont Hotels and Resorts

With Black Friday not until November 25, I'm not expecting the announcement for several more weeks.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:02 am

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
What do people think would be the best currency to buy in now with the volatile FXs - the USD is the strongest it has been in some time, the EUR against the USD is now at par, and the Pound is tanking ... just thinking of taking advantage of the exchange rates in the future if the EUR or GBP rebound or not get hit if the USD tanks reciprocally.

I've noticed the exchange rates they use are pretty decent as has been discussed on this forum.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by patty canuck
What do people think would be the best currency to buy in now with the volatile FXs - the USD is the strongest it has been in some time, the EUR against the USD is now at par, and the Pound is tanking ... just thinking of taking advantage of the exchange rates in the future if the EUR or GBP rebound or not get hit if the USD tanks reciprocally.

I've noticed the exchange rates they use are pretty decent as has been discussed on this forum.
I'm not in the business of speculating on currencies, so wouldn't even factor that into my purchase decision in the slightest. I do know that the spot exchange rate conversion when paying by Fairmont Gift Cards is more efficient than any credit card I carry. Therefore, the best option for me continues to be to purchase the gift cards in the same home currency of my credit card, regardless of where I intend to use the gift cards.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:54 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
By this date last year the link was already showing that the gift card sale was renewed, but it's still not the case at the moment.
https://www.fairmont.com/egiftcard-rules-regulations/

The chances are starting to be non-negligible that the sale will not be renewed.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
By this date last year the link was already showing that the gift card sale was renewed, but it's still not the case at the moment.
https://www.fairmont.com/egiftcard-rules-regulations/

The chances are starting to be non-negligible that the sale will not be renewed.
That would really suck! For many, many years, this sale has been as predictable as night following day. I'm still holding out hope.
escape4 and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: ALL Accor - Platinum
Maybe this promotion is supposed to make up for it?

https://all.accor.com/promotions-off...riday.en.shtml

(not that I'm happy about a full-deposit or partial-deposit promotion)
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by beefyT
Maybe this promotion is supposed to make up for it?

https://all.accor.com/promotions-off...riday.en.shtml

(not that I'm happy about a full-deposit or partial-deposit promotion)
That's not really new. They usually have some sort of Black Friday sale every year. And, this isn't better than many other promos that are already out there. And this one has lots of room categories blacked out. Nothing about it makes me want to book anything
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:15 am

I reached out to ask, and was told they are not having a Black Friday gift card promotion this year. I guess it's time to review some of my upcoming bookings...
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Very sad indeed. Let's hope Life Experience is going to have one.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
Very sad indeed. Let's hope Life Experience is going to have one.
That would help, but I don't like that the LE certs are only $100 denominations, and a $1,000 limit per stay. I normally buy $25,000 + $5,000 Bonus worth of certificates in each semi-annual sale. The limit of 10 LE certs per stay just won't work for me.
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I reached out to ask, and was told they are not having a Black Friday gift card promotion this year. I guess it's time to review some of my upcoming bookings...
Maybe if there is an impact from fewer bookings they may notice that….I’d be tempted to email the hotel to let them know 😜
Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AC Elite 35k, Accor Diamond
What is the Life Experience one? I was looking forward to scooping up the Black Friday deal.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Huestar
What is the Life Experience one? I was looking forward to scooping up the Black Friday deal.
It's a third-party program, that sells certificates for a variety of businesses, including Canadian Fairmont properties. While the LE certificates can be used to pay your room bill and anything you charge to the room, it does have limits. Specifically, you can only redeem up to $1,000 worth of LE certificates per stay.

Costco used to sell LE certificates on their website, as an everyday item at 25% off. Unfortunately, the ended shortly after the pandemic started, and Costco just pulled nearly all gift certificates from their website, including the LifeExperiences program. Below is a link to the LE certificates that can be used at Fairmont hotels.

Fairmont Hotels and Resorts (lifeexperiences.ca)

But even though the running deal through Costco is done, LE has been known to offer promos of their own, discounting their certificates by 15% or 20%. I recall a 22% deal as well. Black Friday and Boxing Day have usually had a sale of some sort.

On a good sale, it's a better discount than the Fairmont sales of their own gift cards (16.67%). The $1,000 limit can be a problem. In the past, I had success going over that limit, applying $1,000 to my room accout day, and going back the next day to a different agent to redeem another pile. But, I've also been denied when an agent saw I already redeemed the maximum.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AC Elite 35k, Accor Diamond
Awesome, thanks for the link. I'll sign up and keep an eye out. Still hoping the Black Friday deal comes through.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I’m still sitting on $2500 (paid $2000) from either last year or the year prior.. need to get back to some Fairmonts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.