Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel New York

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Received the confirmation as well for March 27th

Following my call with customer service, breakfast cost will be deducted from the rates and we received a room upgrade for our entire stay
Now, I need to find a good bagel place for saturday morning
Slc2012 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Have fun guys and please report here !!!
I will keep an eye on the news in NY about a customer riots in a midtown hotel
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:02 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Our dear moderator is there now so we should pay attention to the news
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:05 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Our dear moderator is there now so we should pay attention to the news
So he is. It certainly is lacking its previous standing I must say. One level upgrade (suite with small balcony). Email them about water and coffee maker in the room in advance, naturally nothing was ready. Both showed up though after the reminder (sadly the coffee machine is one of those inferior Keurig machines). More to follow.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by starflyergold
So he is. It certainly is lacking its previous standing I must say. One level upgrade (suite with small balcony). Email them about water and coffee maker in the room in advance, naturally nothing was ready. Both showed up though after the reminder (sadly the coffee machine is one of those inferior Keurig machines). More to follow.
I can't agree more
Got 1 level upgrade as well. Nice suite but no terrasse (I'm not a moderator )

I got offered as well a coffee machine in the room before arrival which I kindly accepted.
Guess what.... no coffee machine in the room when we arrived
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by matmatlr
I can't agree more
Got 1 level upgrade as well. Nice suite but no terrasse (I'm not a moderator )
Now, we are waiting for the first breakfast review after the COVID period in Sofitel NY.
Can we expect it tomorrow ?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes we need more from you guys . This thread is to quiet knowing that 2 valuable members of this board, including our Moderator, are trying to shake the management and bring this hotel back to standards. I can still cancel my Bonvoy booking for my next NY visit in one month .
And please ask them to buy decent Nespresso machines and not those US capsules machines that make the worst coffee ever
remymartin and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes we need more from you guys . This thread is to quiet knowing that 2 valuable members of this board, including our Moderator, are trying to shake the management and bring this hotel back to standards. I can still cancel my Bonvoy booking for my next NY visit in one month .
And please ask them to buy decent Nespresso machines and not those US capsules machines that make the worst coffee ever
So far, you dont want to change your booking...

No welcome drinks or sweet treats as a Diamond member. I think it's the first time it happens in a Sofitel.
I had 2 different bookings and they did not manage to set up the keys for the entire stay.
No coffee caps refill today...

Last edited by matmatlr; Mar 26, 2022 at 4:03 pm
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by matmatlr
So far, you dont want to change your booking...

No welcome drinks or sweet treats as a Diamond member. I think it's the first time it happens in a Sofitel.
I had 2 different bookings and they did not manage to set up the keys for the entire room.
No coffee caps refill today...
I will definitely follow your recommendation and not change my Bonvoy booking
starflyergold likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:20 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Do NOT change your booking! I had a lengthy conversation with management today and they will readily admit they are not operating at brand standard level. (marginal result: Coffee machine swapped for a Nespresso), Full review (and details on the service recovery) after check out next week.

Last edited by starflyergold; Mar 26, 2022 at 7:29 pm
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Do NOT change your booking! I had a lengthy conversation with management today and they will readily admit they are not operating at brand standard level. (marginal result: Coffee machine swapped for a Nespresso), Full review (and details on the service recovery) after check out next week.
Welcome to NYC and COVID -- EVERYTHING has changed -- just finding someone to work at a property has been incredibly challenging. We live downtown in FiDi -- the hotels down here have fared MUCH better given a few trickles of tourism the past few years -- feel free to PM if you want decent recommendations for food and drink in this city! If you want a great view and solid food -- check out Manhatta (not a typo) -- it's downtown next to where we live but the views -- and food and drink quality -- are pre COVID standards...
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:00 am

On Sofitel website:In-Room Dining Service

BREAKFAST MENU

From 6:30 am to 11am

Les formules complètes – Main Offering

Le Parisien $30

Freshly baked French Viennoiserie (four (4) assorted pastries), “La fermière” plain yogurt, served with full pot of coffee hot and fresh juice

“Sur le Pouce” $19

Grab & Go box (delivered to your room) with one (1) fresh Croissant, banana, granola bar, “La fermière” plain yogurt, one (1) cup of coffee or tea

Les A-cotès – A La Carte

“La fermière” plain yogurt $6

Assorted Cereals – Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Cocoa Pebbles, Fruit Loops $13

Baguette $4, croissant au beurre $5, pain au chocolat $5

Freshly toasted NYC bread (slice white, wheat, or gluten free Rockland Bakery bread) $4

Les Boissons – Beverages

“The Detoxifier” – Balance Green juice rich in alkaline and vitamins – cucumber, celery, green apple, kale, spinach, ginger, lemon, parsley $15

“The Rejuvenator” – The perfect red juice cure for a purify start of the day- cucumber, apple, beet, ginger, lemon, cilantro $15

“The Booster” – The energy to take on the City that never sleeps – tangerine, mango, turmeric, golden berry, mandarin oil, vegan probiotic $15

Fresh Juice – Orange, Grapefruit, Tomato, Cranberry $7

Coffee

Pot of Coffee, small pot or large $8 / $12

Espresso, Double Espresso $7 / $9

Cappuccino, Latte $9

Pot of Tea, small or large

(Grand breakfast, Green tea, Japan Sensha, Earl grey, Chamomile, Blue Nile, Cascade peppermint, long island strawberry, Mediterranean blue, Orange pekoe, Turmeric ginger ) $8 / $12

Hot Chocolate $8

Milk (Whole, Skim, 2%, Half & Half, Almond, Soy) $6

Water – flat or sparkling $7 / $12

Sodas (Coke, Diet coke, Sprite, Tonic Water, Ginger Ale) $8
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:34 am

Live from Sofitel NYC

Here is the sunday breakfast

remymartin and Slc2012 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:53 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Those prices are insane. No way in hell I pay those for a breakfast, whatever quality it is.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:25 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Slc2012
On Sofitel website:In-Room Dining Service

BREAKFAST MENU

From 6:30 am to 11am
Worth remembering that it is only the breakfast service, there is no service whatsoever after 11am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.