Sofitel New York

Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Slc2012
According my last communication with the hotel, they expect to re-introduce the room service in April. But no decision has been taken yet. First, they want to re-introduce the room service, then to reopen Gaby’s restaurant and perhaps only for drinks.
I will not hesitate to communicate if I have other information.
We are still curious for a review of the hotel after the reopening.
Thanks for the update. This situation is hardly understandable and due to this, they lose customers (I have booked with Bonvoy mostly because of this). And what is even harder to understand is that they continue to sell rooms with breakfast and F&B credits. Example below for a dummy booking early april.

Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thanks for the update. This situation is hardly understandable and due to this, they lose customers (I have booked with Bonvoy mostly because of this). And what is even harder to understand is that they continue to sell rooms with breakfast and F&B credits. Example below for a dummy booking early april.
Goldorak Somewhat off-topic, based on the screenshot you posted, when you get the breakfast + credit offers with the ALL Visa, are the rates always higher then the publicly offered ones? Do you get complimentary breakfast and credit when booking a publicly offered rate?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by bellerophontes
Goldorak Somewhat off-topic, based on the screenshot you posted, when you get the breakfast + credit offers with the ALL Visa, are the rates always higher then the publicly offered ones? Do you get complimentary breakfast and credit when booking a publicly offered rate?
Diamond members will see breakfast package when booking on weekends regardless of rate booked.

Edit to add: I see the other rate doesnt mention breakfast, hmm
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bellerophontes
I don't know. I don't have enough experience with the ALL Visa offer rates.

Originally Posted by remymartin
Diamond members will see breakfast package when booking on weekends regardless of rate booked.

Edit to add: I see the other rate doesnt mention breakfast, hmm
I don't remember the dates I selected for the dummy booking (weekend dates or not). I just tried again for end march and I see the Diamond breakfast offered during the weekend

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:24 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The hotel sent this out (3 days before arrival)

XXXX -

We’re excited about your upcoming visit and we look forward to welcoming you to Sofitel New York on March 24, 2022!

Please be advised that our food and beverage outlets are currently scheduled to be unavailable during your stay. This includes Gaby Bar and Restaurant, Room Service, and our in-room Mini Bar service.

If you booked or purchased a package including food or beverage, your room rate will be adjusted accordingly.

The beauty of Sofitel New York’s midtown location is that there are plenty of magnifique dining options within walking distance of the hotel. Our concierge team is always happy to assist with recommendations for any occasion. They can be reached by contacting the hotel at (212) 354-8844 or you can reply to this email with your request.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We realize you have taken precious time to arrange your travel and truly appreciate your understanding.

A bientt, See you soon!

The Sofitel New York Team
Goldorak and gioannis13 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
The hotel sent this out (3 days before arrival)
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:48 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
FWIW, I was emailing with the hotel this morning to request a coffee maker for the room, and they mentioned: "We are planning to reopen our Food and Beverage service at the end of the month, the expected reopening date for the Room service in dining would be the 27th of March but its not official yet"

I'll be staying there this weekend and will report back.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by PJLukasik
FWIW, I was emailing with the hotel this morning to request a coffee maker for the room, and they mentioned: "We are planning to reopen our Food and Beverage service at the end of the month, the expected reopening date for the Room service in dining would be the 27th of March but its not official yet"

I'll be staying there this weekend and will report back.
Its really time for them to reopen Food & Beverage. They are loosing lot of clients.
Now, its the spring period which is the best period to visit the city.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
I will be staying in Sofitel on friday for 3 night and received the same email this morning
Just called the hotel and they confirmed me that service will not be back before next week so nothing to expect this weekend

Clearly unacceptable as I was expecting free breakfast (Diamond member) and nothing was mentioned during booking (both on website & when I booked with customer service as I was using SNU).
Except being sorry, there's no compensation offered rather than :
- You can cancel if you want (unacceptable when you hear that 3 days before check-in)
- our Concierge can help you to identify breakfast places (thanks, I know how Google works)
- We're sorry but it was mentionned during booking (False !)

Will report it to Accor customer service and will let you guys know
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

WOW... Starflyergold and Matmatlr at Sofitel NY at the same time...hotel staff is going to have a hard time in this context of no F&B . The DSK crisis is nothing compared to the challenge they will face over the weekend . Maybe they will completely shut down the hotel before arrival of the 2 Flyertalk VIPs as a preventive salvation measure
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:24 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
WOW... Starflyergold and Matmatlr at Sofitel NY at the same time...hotel staff is going to have a hard time in this context of no F&B . The DSK crisis is nothing compared to the challenge they will face over the weekend . Maybe they will completely shut down the hotel before arrival of the 2 Flyertalk VIPs as a preventive salvation measure
My suite booking can be transferred to the other Accor property in town
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
My suite booking can be transferred to the other Accor property in town
What do you mean ? You managed to transfer your booking in another hotel (I guess Fairmont) ?

PM me, I am interested to know
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:53 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by matmatlr
What do you mean ? You managed to transfer your booking in another hotel (I guess Fairmont) ?

PM me, I am interested to know
It was meant as a joke given what Goldorak said. In fairness the fact that Gaby is closed doesn't matter to me much (more put out by lack of room service (Grubhub it is instead) and minibar). I was never impressed by the restaurant at this Sofitel.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:56 am

It was meant as a joke given what Goldorak said. In fairness the fact that Gaby is closed doesn't matter to me much (more put out by lack of room service (Grubhub it is instead) and minibar). I was never impressed by the restaurant at this Sofitel.
All right
Me neither, not a big deal for restaurant & bar, there are more than enough alternatives in Manhattan.
I am more pissed about breakfast
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:52 pm

Its now confirmed by the General Manager Simon Antoine:
We are pleased to let you know that we are planning to reopen our Room Service In Dining - breakfast only - option Sunday 27th of March!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.