Sofitel New York

Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Fully refundable but you had to pay all in advance ?? that's not very usual with Accor. Was that a "book with confidence" rate ?
The hotel has just reopened recently when the US borders have reopened to European travelers.
It's clearly not normal to have to go through all that kind of troubles.
For not responding to email, I noticed that more and more. You have the feeling that emails are not monitored anymore.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
have you opened a ticket to ALL accor customer support already ???
Submitted now. Everything else I've ever asked of ALL hasn't been responded, so don't know if the contact form submissions are monitored or just binned?!

I am baffled by this - usually had no issues, am long-standing Platinum level, but the NYC Sofitel is a bit unusual. I've contacted them on Facebook, see they posted two days ago....really weird their phones don't work...what if someone wants to call me at the hotel?!?

Last edited by delfindo; Jan 8, 2022 at 6:01 am
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Seriously ? Two years after the beginning of the pandemic, it should be time to get yourself organized as there is no local mandate for restaurant closure in NY, unless I am mistaken ?
And it's not a problem of website not updated. Some very recent client reviews say there is no restaurant. Even for breakfast, and not even room service .
Responses from management to some comments indicate that some renovation should start mid-year for low to mid floors.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:29 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
There is frankly no excuse for that. As the Americans would say "insane". It should be presented as a 3* hotel if it cannot provide full service. Incidentally the restaurant appears to be closed until at least the end of March.

bellerophontes likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I need to go to NY a few times in coming weeks/months and looked again the poor Accor offering there. The Sofitel is really a scandal. When you look at the reviews either on Accor site or on TA, it's horrible. People complain about a ghost hotel with zero service, very poor (or total lack) of status recognition, no bar, no restaurant (even for breakfast), no room service, dated rooms, etc. A complete catastrophe.
Looking at rates, they continue to propose rates with breakfast included. There is also an offer with the ALL Visa Ultimate with 50 USD credit for F&B, but there is no bar & restaurant . People are apparently struggling to get reimbursed by the hotel for their false offerings.
This is really insane.

As I am not willing to pay the atrocious rates of the plaza, it will be some Bonvoy bookings...expensive also for something likely not-so-great, but at least I don't get robbed.
Novotel Times Sq, why have you left ?
bellerophontes likes this.

Last edited by Goldorak; Feb 20, 2022 at 6:57 am
Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I need to go to NY a few times in coming weeks/months and looked again the poor Accor offering there. The Sofitel is really a scandale. When you look at the reviews either on Accor site or on TA, it's horrible. People complain about a ghost hotel with zero service, very poor (or total lack) of status recognition, no bar, no restaurant (even for breakfast), no room service, dated rooms, etc. A complete catastrophe.
Looking at rates, they continue to propose rates with breakfast included. There is also an offer with the ALL Visa Ultimate with 50 USD credit for F&B, but there is no bar & restaurant . People are apparently struggling to get reimbursed by the hotel for their false.offerings.
The breakfast and F&B credit thing sounds pretty sleazy. Does Accor/Sofitel own this property? Are there other Sofitels in the US doing this kind of thing too?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I am not willing to pay the atrocious rates of the plaza, it will be some Bonvoy bookings...expensive also for something likely not-so-great, but at least I don't get robbed.
I've stayed at Hyatt properties during my recent visits to NYC.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:38 pm

I need to go to NY a few times in coming weeks/months and looked again the poor Accor offering there. The Sofitel is really a scandal. When you look at the reviews either on Accor site or on TA, it's horrible. People complain about a ghost hotel with zero service, very poor (or total lack) of status recognition, no bar, no restaurant (even for breakfast), no room service, dated rooms, etc. A complete catastrophe.
Looking at rates, they continue to propose rates with breakfast included. There is also an offer with the ALL Visa Ultimate with 50 USD credit for F&B, but there is no bar & restaurant . People are apparently struggling to get reimbursed by the hotel for their false offerings.
This is really insane.

Below, you can find the answer from the hotel after a customer review:

We are pleased to announce that we are in the process of starting renovations for a large part of our rooms during the second half of 2022 with our owners. We are doing our best to bring back the catering offer and we hope to be able to inform you about it in our official platforms soon. Looking forward to welcoming you soon,
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:47 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Not to excuse this at all but when I recently looked prices were relatively low (for NYC), in fact so low that I booked couple of days (essentially suite at regular room levels). All in the name of "FT investigates" Will report back next month.
Goldorak and remymartin like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Not to excuse this at all but when I recently looked prices were relatively low (for NYC), in fact so low that I booked couple of days (essentially suite at regular room levels). All in the name of "FT investigates" Will report back next month.
Same for me, I booked 10 days in April including the breakfast at a good price. We will see. Hope, I can expect something as Platinum member.
Goldorak and remymartin like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Originally Posted by Slc2012
Same for me, I booked 10 days in April including the breakfast at a good price. We will see. Hope, I can expect something as Platinum member.
ha ha ha, we wish all the best to our Flyertalk inspectors (or Guinea pigs ). Looking forward to read your reports .
I hope you will get rid of the “urban experience fee” or whatever new fancy name they may have found now
starflyergold and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I need to go to NY a few times in coming weeks/months and looked again the poor Accor offering there. The Sofitel is really a scandal. People complain about a ghost hotel with zero service, very poor (or total lack) of status recognition, no bar, no restaurant (even for breakfast), no room service, dated rooms, etc. A complete catastrophe.

Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan is a solid recently open hotel, generally at interesting rates. Rooms are not huge, but design is pleasant and location convenient (if you are not Spire Elite, amenity fees won't be waived though).

Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:37 am

Following some guest reviews, please find the answer from hotel : We also hope to reintroduce our catering offer in the next two
months.

I still dont understand why the catering is still not in place yet. But, we can expect something in April at the spring period.
Some renovations are still planned the second part of 2022.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I need to go to NY a few times in coming weeks/months and looked again the poor Accor offering there. The Sofitel is really a scandal.
New Hotel Indigo : NYC Downtown - Wall Street is offering very interesting rates.

Hotel looks pretty good.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:11 am

Update.

According my last communication with the hotel, they expect to re-introduce the room service in April. But no decision has been taken yet. First, they want to re-introduce the room service, then to reopen Gabys restaurant and perhaps only for drinks.
I will not hesitate to communicate if I have other information.
We are still curious for a review of the hotel after the reopening.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.