Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station

Name of the hotel: Mercure Hotel Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior Triple & Got the same

- How are the rooms? The beds were comfortable; however the sofa bed wasn't. Clean and I believe it's still quite new.

Good:
+ Great Location

Bad:
- No Upgrade; the FO staff told me the hotel was running on 100%. However, when I complained after I checked-out, the hotel told that the Privilege room was actually available but they cannot upgrade since the max occupancy is 2 person. Well, another different story.
- No welcome amenity on the room; only welcome letter.
- Upon checkout I was informed by the same hotel staff that the hotel actually provides complimentary mini bar on the room for Le Club Platinum member eventhough not staying on the privilege room. However, I didn't find any of them in any of the rooms that I booked.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No Lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Only welcome drink vouchers; no welcome amenities.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Vallue for money but I would prefer to book somewhere else when going back to Amsterdam.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:28 am

Name of the hotel: ibis Makassar City Center

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes ! (Best Ibis I've ever had)

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard room and got the same (no other room type)

- How are the rooms? The beds were Ibis standard; now with the Sweet Bed concept; the ibis beds are much comfortable than before. I got a view to the ocean.

Good:
+ Great Location
+ Great Le Club Platinum Recognition. From the check-in process, having a dinner on the restaurant, breakfast, etc...everybody greeted my name. #FeelWelcome checked! (The GM turned out to be ex-HIX Semarang (by IHG) which I occasionally stayed; the recognition was one of the best within IHG group; well done!)
+ Fruit Platter and some chocolates as welcome amenities
+ Welcome letter from GM accompanied by my photograph (lol, not sure where they got this)

Bad:
None; for Ibis Standard

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Yes, welcome drink vouchers and welcome amenities

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Yes Would you return? Eventhough it's Ibis but surely would be back for their excellent services.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:36 am

Name of the hotel: Mercure Manado Tateli Beach Resort

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Deluxe Ocean View; upgraded to Junior Suite

- How are the rooms? The Junior Suite has a view to the swimming pool and also Ocean view on the other side. The room was clean, well maintained, recently renovated I believe.

Good:
+ Very Good Le Club Platinum Recognition. Much to my surprise since the hotel was just rebranded from local brand.
+ Huge swimming pool
+ The room was nice

Bad:
Location is bit secluded; but it's resort anyway

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Yes, welcome drink vouchers, Fruit Platter and some sandwiches as welcome amenities; and also free breakfast for 1 person as Platinum member.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Yes Would you return? Sure
Old May 1, 2018, 3:23 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
MGallery Victory House London

- Name of the hotel: MGallery by Sofitel, Victory House London

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Overall yes, but hotel has some basic issues.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I booked a Deluxe Room - received a unspecified small room.

- How are the rooms? Very small but modern and new. Nice shower but with poor water pressure, and very comfy bed.

Good: Spot on location. Beds.

Bad: Not MGallery standard. No Welcome amenity ( there was water and 1/4 pint of milk in fridge ) No Nespresso. Large pillar in room.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
Novotel Airport Warszawa, Poland

Gold

Yes and No

Booked Standard Double, upgraded to Executive Double. (This Novotel offers some Superior rooms, so we got a double upgrade.)

- How are the rooms?
Standard Executive Room decor, with a double bed and an armchair with a footstool. Bathroom with a large shower. The toilet separate from the bathroom, which is a bit strange.

Good:
* We arrived at the hotel around 12.30 and our room was ready. Receptionist was OK. Offered drink vouchers and explained we had been upgraded to an executive room (top floor).
* Location is good if you need to go to the airport or visit offices in Służewiec or Mokotów. Quite far from the centre and Old Town.
* The furniture is comfortable and still looks new (apart from a few dents in door/walls).
* There's a small pool and some tables and sunchairs behind the hotel. It'll certainly be a nice place in the summer.
* I've seen a sign advertising their "happy hours". If you have breakfast between 10 and 12, it's 50% off (35 PLN/8 EUR instead of 70 PLN/16 EUR). Not sure if it is offered every day. We didn't eat at the restaurant.

Bad:
* Air-conditioning didn't work properly. We turned it on and left the room. When we got back, it was much hotter than before, so we slept with the balcony door open. The temperature was OK, but the road in front of the hotel is very busy and noisy.
* The toilet is separate, which is not very convenient as there's no washbasin, so you need to go to the bathroom anyway.
* I didn't particularly like the chocolate-covered bananas ("VIP treatment"). After 8 hours in a hot room, the bananas were partly cooked and not very nice.
* Only two coffee pods in the room: one standard, one decaffeinated. It doesn't make any sense if you're staying with another person. You have to decide who will drink Nespresso and who will get an instant coffee.
* Executive rooms -- in theory -- come with a free minibar. Not in our case (because we got a free upgrade?). They still charge you 18 PLN (4.5 EUR) for a small bottle of lukewarm beer (the drinks in the minibar were not cold).
* I asked for late check-out till 3 p.m. (Supposedly, they offer free late check-out till 5 p.m., especially on Sundays, as the hotle is not very busy.) The night receptionist gave me a somewhat annoyed look and said we could only stay till 2 p.m.

* 2 vouchers for drinks offered at check-in. We got two beers (standard draught Żywiec and a bottled Żywiec APA). The waiter had to check which bottled beers were available, because "they don't always have all of them". Wine is probably also included.
* In-room welcome perk: A large plate with three small pieces of what looked like chocolate cake (wrapped in a lot of plastic). In fact, there were three pieces of banana, covered in chocolate, with some solidified sauce and pieces of crushed meringue. Not the best choice for a very warm day.
* Late check out offered, but only till 2 p.m. (The receptionist was not very happy about it and hotel website says executive rooms can be vacated at 5 p.m.)

Reasonable value for money, as I booked the room during a weekly sale and made plans in that part of the city. I might return, but I think that Mercure Airport Warszawa was more convenient.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cowism
Name of the hotel: MGallery Royal Beach Seminyak

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes and No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Grand Deluxe, received One Bedroom Villa with Jacuzzi.

- How are the rooms? It is an old Sofitel. Nice Baliness feel to it but it is showing it's age. You can say it is classic, I will call it old.

Good: Good value for money for it's location - near to many cafes or a 2 USD taxi ride to most places for food. Very nicely manicured gardens with 2 pools. Near the beach. Great service. - friendly villa manager and concierge. Proactive upgrade and welcome drink voucher. Very reasonable breakfast - not best quality but fantastic spread.

Bad: Tired rooms and facilities. Phones were not cleaned and some parts of the room were dusty. Insufficient loungers at the pool.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No Lounge. No Free mini bar too sadly. Free breakfast which was awesome.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 2 glass bottles of water with a bowl of salak (meh). 2 welcome drinks enjoyed at beachfront cafe - good for any drinks incld wines and spirits,

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes value for money but may not return.
property burnt some points as a thank you for sharing your feedback. Although not substantial, the gesture was very appreciated. Gd stuff
Old May 6, 2018, 6:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Name of the hotel:
Ibis Toulouse Airport

Platinum

Meh. Room ok, Shower and toilet not so clean.

Standard. Received standard (without tea / coffee / kettle)

- How are the rooms?
Rooms basic and hotel could be in need of a refurbishment.

Room should have had a kettle – but someone had taken it ! And it was not replaced. Penny pinching housekeeping on toilet paper. Shower dispenses not cleaned. Bed was clean. Room overlooked by other rooms so no privacy.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks:
Welcome drink – beer or tea / coffee.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by cowism
Name of the hotel: Amarterra Villas Bali Nusa Dua

Bad: Poor welcome - not sure why there is no welcome note from GM but instead a See You Soon note was given. Welcome drink was not proactive. A briefing of Platinum member benefits was also not briefed. No Thank You for your loyalty. Welcome amenity was a bottle of local wine. I summoned the FOM for feedback of welcome. Disappointing for this level of property. Very expensive spa. Private beach a 5 minute buggy ride away. Shower heads can do with a refresh.
The Hatten's Rosé I got last time was frankly quite undrinkable.
Old May 6, 2018, 11:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

It is still the same Hatten wine..I didn't even drink it after reading the poor reviews to help my liver from doing excessive work. LOL

I have to say the breakfast kinda compensated for everything else.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Qantas, Gold Passport, SPG
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Moorea La Ora Beach Resort

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? We loved the hotel. The staff are warm and very pleasant. They all seem to speak at least 3 languages. The restaurant/bar food was very good. Breakfasts were wonderful. I love this property.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Originally booked over-water bungalow but after speaking to Hugo this was changed to the Ravello Suite, but at a reduced rate. The suite was amazing. Two bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, private balconies/decks, outdoor spa. Walk straight from deck into the lagoon for snorkelling.

- How are the rooms? Divine. Room was immaculately clean. The resort was crawling with staff taking care of everything. Every morning while we were at breakfast two room attendants would descend and clean the place within an inch of its life

Welcome amenity photo below.

Old May 9, 2018, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Ibis Styles Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Name of the hotel: Ibis Styles Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes
This was a last minute unplanned stay (booked in the morning for the evening), so I wanted something not to expensive for a short stay between 2 flights (check-in around 11pm). I paid 93€ while the adjacent nice Pullman was twice this price, so I decided to opt for the Ibis style.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Booked standard room and received that (there are also Junior suites at this hotel but they were all taken)

- How are the rooms?
Decent size, very well soundproofed. The website advertised 160cm beds but this is misleading (I think it was a 120 or 140)

Good:
  • room of decent size (although not very big)
  • No noise at all
  • Free breakfast
  • check-in: when I arrived at 11 pm there was a long line for check-in. I spotted a separate priority counter for LCAH member with nobody in line (this counter was in fact at the cash register for bar, and F&B for sale/take away), so I went there and the lady in charge of F&B started to take care of me but she said she was not trained to do the whole process so she made a call asking for someone to handle a priority check-in (the person was here very quickly). First time I see the priority counter useful !
  • Welcome gift in room with 2 wrapped Madeleine cakes and a bottle of Evian. TBH, not sure this was a LCAH gift or if it is given to every guest.

Bad:
  • the hotel is a bit of factory. You can see this at check-in/out with long lines, at BF where people behave like if they haven’t eaten for weeks.
  • Outside the F&B lady who kindly started to make my check-in, I found the staff robotic and lacking warmth
  • No loyalty/status recognition (I had to request the drink voucher, which I finally had no time to use)
  • bathroom was accessible to handicapped persons and so have half of it for the shower, without separation with the rest of the rooom. So it means that, when you take your shower, you put water everywhere and walk in it afterwards when at the sink. No place in a relatively large bathroom to put your toiletries items.
- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks : see above

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? May be if the price is right and if I have to overnight in CDG on my own expenses (I paid the perfect price for this stay, but I made a dummy booking in June at a random date and the rate was ... something like €200. I would certainly never paid that at an Ibis Style)
Old May 21, 2018, 5:54 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Novotel Vilnius City

Gold

Yes

Booked Executive room (there are no lounge, they just name their higher room category this way) and got it. I could not get upgraded to an Appartment as the hotel was fully booked.

- How are the rooms?
Standard European Novotel, nothing to complain but noting to write home about either. There was free water in the room, Nespresso machine, in room safe, both shower cubicle and bathtub in the bathroom.

Good:
- Location smack right in the middle of town. Old Town just at the door step, Cathedral a few minutes walk and the business district 10 minutes walk away.
- Excellent service: the staff was genuinely happy to help, they profusely apologise for the lack of upgrade, granted me a late check instantly, helped me with my requests. They gave me the nicest executive room they had, with excellent view.
- Easy access to airport: two express bus lines (3G and 88) with bus stops nearby.
- Gym was OK, at least it was on a high floor with views.

Bad:
- Breakfast buffet underwhelming, the fruit juice were so watered down they do not deserve the name of juice,

Coupon for a welcome drink, does not seem to have restrictions on the type of drink. Welcome gift of some fruits and a cake.

Yes. The rate was 99 EUR for a flexible rate, including breakfast. A advance purchase rate for basic room would be 50 EUR,
Goldorak, tris06 and 1flyer like this.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:38 am

Ibis Bratislava Centrum

- Name of the hotel: Ibis Bratislava Centrum

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a double room, got a double room (it's an ibis!). My room was slightly bigger than standard ibis rooms.

- How are the rooms? Standard ibis decor (old style). I was given a room at the end of the corridor, which was much bigger than standard rooms.

Good:
Most elements were good and/or correct. Nothing major to complain. There were a lot of groups (probably stag/hen parties), but it was surprisingly quiet in the evening.
The castle hill is around the corner and the old town is across the road.

Bad:
* The air-conditioning wasn't good enough. We had the air-conditioning turned on 24/7 and set to 10 degrees, but it was still a bit too warm in the room (though not as bad as outside).

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

* A voucher for welcome drinks for 2 people given at check-in. The voucher said "soft drinks". A notice at the bar said you could get tea, coffee, soft drinks or a beer (0.5 litre). In reality, we were given two 0.33 l bottles that we drank in the room.
* Suprisingly, my Gold status was properly recognised. In the room, I found a welcome note with two bottles of water (0.8 l), two chocolates, a few hard candies and a mini bottle (50 ml) of Tatratea (Slovak liquer).
* As said above, we were given a slightly bigger room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, but in colder months!
Old May 31, 2018, 10:57 am

Mercure Wien Westbahnhof

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Wien Westbahnhof

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Standard Double. Upgraded to a Priviledge Room (2 categories up, as they also have superior rooms), top floor.

- How are the rooms? We were put in one of the bigger rooms, on the top floor - just 2 rooms on that floor. (I had a look at another Priviledge room on a lower floor - it was OK, but not as nice.) Older decor, but well kept. Everything worked well. The bed a bit soft, but still comfortable. Nothing major to complain about. Bathroom with a bathtub.

Good:
* Good location: just 5 metro stops from the cathedral; direct tram to the main railway station.
* Lots of light in the room.
* Two air-conditioning units. Very powerful.
* Room upgrade and voucher given at check-in.
* Free minibar included.

Bad:
* No desk in the room. Just one armchair, one stool and one very low coffee table. So no place to work.
* Basic WiFi is pretty slow.
* No milk for your coffee provided. There's a big coffee/tea machines with two types of coffee pods and two types of tea pods. But no milk.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

* Automatic upgrade at check-in to a priviledge room.
* A voucher for welcome drinks for 2 people given at check-in. Good for soft drinks, beer (0.5 litre) and some wines. Cocktails not included.
* Welcome amenity a bit odd: a small plastic box with some kind of rubber bands that can be used to exercise your muscles.
* Free minibar included for guests staying in Priviledge rooms, restocked daily (a small beer, two small orange juices, one or two colas, two mineral waters, peanuts, some sweets)
* The biggest set of cosmetics ever: apart from the usual gel/shampoo/body lotion, we were given two dental sets, two shaving sets, two combs, two vanity sets and something else (not really needed).
* Bathrobes in two different sizes

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely. My experience was great. And it was one of the cheapest Accor hotels in Vienna (apart from ibis budgets and one ibis, which had a similar price).
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:08 am

Mercure Bratislava Centrum

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Bratislava Centrum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Mostly yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a double room, upgraded to a Privilege Room (I think they call them 'Superior' on the hotel's website)

- How are the rooms? Privilege rooms are quite big, with a HUGE bed. There's an armchair (to heavy to be moved), a small table (desk?) and a fake leather chair. No coffee table or another chair though. Open-plan bathroom migth be a problem for some traveller - there's no door and some of the walls are transparent. The toilet is separate and has its own door.

Good:
* The hotel is next to the main railway station and next to public transport links, e.g. bus to the airport. You are two stops from the old town.
* The rooms very quite big. One of the biggest bed I've seen in a while. Nice big rain shower (you'll probably get most of the bathroom floor wet - no door again!)
* Very good air conditioning units installed. The room was cool even though it was around 30 degrees outside.
* If you stay in a Privilege room, you should get soft drinks from the minibar for free (2 bottles of water, 1 can of Pepsi, 1 can of Mirinda and 1 bottle of orange juice)
* There is a lounge, but see below. (It's not particularly good.)

Bad:
* Housekeeping/Free perks: You don't get what you should get every day. On day 2 of our stay, the room was serviced, but the minibar was not restocked. We didn't get any coffee pods. We contacted the reception and got some of the products in the minibar and 1 (!) pod with regular coffee and 1 pod with decaffeinated coffee. On day 3 we didn't get any products for the minibar or any coffee. When we asked for the products to be refilled, we were given 2 pods with regular coffee and 2 pod with decaffeinated coffee. No products in the minibar were restocked.
* One of the waiters: We used to welcome drinks voucher to order a cocktail and a beer. After finishing the drinks, we went back to the room. One of the waiters chased us through the bar/restaurant into the lobby because we had to pay the bill. He wanted us to pay for the beer. After I pointed out that the voucher said 2 drinks for 2 guests staying in the same room, he talked to the receptionist in Slovak and finally said "It's OK." No sorry, no nothing.
* In-room coffee machine: big, noisy and difficult to operate.
* When you shower, the bathroom floor gets flooded.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes. There's a Privilege Lounge on the ground floor. It's open 24/7 but it's nothing to write home about. You can get a coffee/tea, some water or juice there. If you're lucky, you might find some croissants in the morning and supposedly there are canapes in the evening. I only saw them once and they didn't look yummy. There's also a wide selection of candied fruit (why?!?) and one type of small basic chocolates. A few packs of crisps are usually there.
There are two computers and a printer too.

* A voucher for welcome drinks given at check-in. You can get a soft drink, a beer, some wine etc. There are even 2 or 3 cocktails to choose from (listed at the bar).
* A handwritten welcome note with some fruit (5 pieces + a fork/knife) in the room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Reasonable value for money, as I also used some points to pay for the stay. I'd probably return if I had to do business in Bratislava. Not as a tourist. The hotel can be quite expensive if not booked in advance and/or during the week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.