Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Budapest

Platinum

Very happy,

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Standard upgraded to Exec flor (top floor level 8).

- How are the rooms?
Rooms not so modern as outer shell of hotel but good quality, comfortable, big windows.

Good: Spa with lovely little pool. Nice lounge with great staff. Usual Sofitel ‘luxury’ service. Excellent restaurant called Paris, charging appropriately. Housekeeping ‘smart’ getting the room done when you are out, turn-down while in lounge/at dinner etc. Location of hotel is fabulous.
Bad: -

Lounge was a highlight with a great view; staff were cheery and genuinely committed to you having a good stay. Guest Relations were also active in the lounge. Breakfast limited but also offered option to take it in the main restaurant (complimentary). ‘Happy hour’ 5-8 with nibbles etc.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :
Welcome drink and a quality ‘surprise’ e.g. fruit, cheese board, cake, chocolates delivered daily to the room.

I think I paid under £100 a night for a 5 night stay. Yes would return. They REALLY looked after me as a Plat.

Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:31 am

- Name of the hotel: Balthazar Hotel & Spa Rennes - MGallery

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Classic, got Superior (or maybe Deluxe, I could not understand the difference from their website)

- How are the rooms? Not very big, but functional, comfortable and beatifully decorated. Amazing walk-in shower.

Good:
location (walkable to the station and main sights), politeness of front desk staff and the amazing spa (one hour complimentary per day)

Bad: the front desk had some difficulty in finding a cab to the station, on a Sunday morning (as stated above, it is a walkable distance, but not very pleasant to do with luggage). When they finally found a cab, after many phone calls, I was informed that it would cost the fixed price of 30 euros (we're talking about half a mile, less than 1 kilometer). I can understand if the cab service is not reliable in Rennes, specially on early mornings, and also that the staff tried their best, but I felt the hotel should offer a more acceptable solution, as I believe something like this is not unusual to happen. I ended up walking.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks for two (beer, wine, soft drinks). Small bag of meringue sweets. Complimentary soft drinks on minibar.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes and yes.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:43 am

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Blois Centre

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard, got Duplex Privilege

- How are the rooms? Duplex Privilege is divided in two floors. On the ground floor, there are the closets, bathroom, living room with TV and audio speaker and a balcony overlooking the Loire. The upper floor is much smaller, overlooking the living room, with the bed and a TV. Both are connected by somewhat narrow stairs.

Good: Location overlooking the Loire, close to the main sights of the city. Plenty of free parking in front of the hotel, which also offers paid parking, if needed. Good restaurant recomendations from front desk staff.

Bad: nothing I can recall.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks for two (wine, beer and soft drinks). Free soft drinks on minibar.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes and yes.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:02 am

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very much

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Luxury, got the Prestige Suite (two tier upgrade)

- How are the rooms? The Prestige Suite (mine was on the 6th floor) has a spacious lounge, bathroom with walk-in shower and bathtub, and a balcony with a small table. It also offers the famous Sofitel MyBed, which some say is highly addictive.

Good: Location, room service (good caldo verde), fast and efficient shoe-polishing service.

Bad: Nothing, they really outdone themselves this time.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? The upgrade was already a nice touch, but we had an early check-in and received a plate of pastries and a bottle of port. Welcome letter from Guest Relations manager. Welcome drinks for two, also (cocktails excluded).

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes and yes. Definitely. This was my second stay in very similar circumstances (one night only, due to a long layover in Lisbon). It probably won't be my last, as I felt service and status recognition were even better than the previous time.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by paulkevin
Name of the hotel: Sofitel Budapest

-Lounge was a highlight with a great view; staff were cheery and genuinely committed to you having a good stay. Guest Relations were also active in the lounge. Breakfast limited but also offered option to take it in the main restaurant (complimentary). ‘Happy hour’ 5-8 with nibbles etc.
I like this hotel too. And this is one of the rare hotel in Europe having a lounge. As you said, the view is great from the lounge.

Originally Posted by savonarola
Bad: the front desk had some difficulty in finding a cab to the station, on a Sunday morning (as stated above, it is a walkable distance, but not very pleasant to do with luggage). When they finally found a cab, after many phone calls, I was informed that it would cost the fixed price of 30 euros (we're talking about half a mile, less than 1 kilometer). I can understand if the cab service is not reliable in Rennes, specially on early mornings, and also that the staff tried their best, but I felt the hotel should offer a more acceptable solution, as I believe something like this is not unusual to happen. I ended up walking.
What a shame from the taxis. With very few exceptions in the world, I am so tired with those morons of taxi drivers. No wonder why I (and more and more people) are using Uber. Do they have Uber in Rennes ?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
What a shame from the taxis. With very few exceptions in the world, I am so tired with those morons of taxi drivers. No wonder why I (and more and more people) are using Uber. Do they have Uber in Rennes ?

They don't, unfortunately. I even tried to find some Uber drivers from Nantes that might be passing nearby, but to no success... I was at least proud to walk to the station and to refuse the 30 euros fee.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by savonarola

Rennes station is currently under construction (new train station and new undurground station) and traffic in the area is really not easy which may explain the difficulty of finding a taxi. As you wrote, the train station is a walkable distance and during week days, it is much faster to walk than to take a car (perhaps not on a sunday morning with luggages).
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Stansted Airport

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum Status Accor

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? NO. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel, and the standard and welcome has gone down since November. We were given free shuttle transport in November, but this was missing this visit. ( So an extra £12 to the room rate ). Also the bathroom amenity set was missing ( especially the shower cap – so this was wet hair at -4 deg when we left – not nice – was asked for but never received). The only improvement as far as I could tell was that the shower did not flood the room and there was less “clutter” of room service trays in the corridors. ( worrying if there was a fire ).

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard received it.

- How are the rooms? Newly refurbished with a massive 50inch screen TV that dominated the room. There was no second bed side table, and a lack of desk space. It seems that the hotel wants to attract people who want to watch a lot of tv ….. beds seemed hard. Specks on the linen that I was told due to it being “un bleached and natural”. I just thought it was not clean. Silly me.

There was no welcome letter, or gift. Last time got apology ( as this was missing then also ) and bottle of wine and olives sent to home address this time. Nothing.

Good: No paint smell this time.

Bad: Printer not working, again, at 4am. No one around to help with check out. Just gave room card key back in box. Was eventually sent receipt after a long series of e mails. GM never bothered to contact me despite asking.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge. This is strange for a newly refurbished airport hotel. Room service expensive for offerings, and bar service slow.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? No welcome drinks despite showing, asking and booking as Platinum.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No, not really good value. By the time you add up all the extras you have to pay the rooms are more expensive than they should be. Much better value elsewhere.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: ibis Toulouse Purpan Hotel

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard and received the same. No other room types in this Ibis.

- How are the rooms? Newly refurbished. New Ibis room furniture and layout.

Good: Newly refurbished and freshly painted. Clean. Helpful reception and large free parking in secure area. Close to airport ( 1.80€ tram 10 mins ) Tram T1 and T2 stops almost outside hotel so also easy access to centre of Toulouse. Hairdryer on request.

Bad: Very small work desk ( but had 2 usb sockets available ) Poor choice of international TV stations ( if that’s important )

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Two welcome drink vouchers for a selection of soft drinks or coffee etc ( or a special size beer – ie not very large )

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes. The hotel has just been re flagged as Ibis from another group and is inexpensive for area. It may not show on some booking options yet. Sat nav needed old hotel name or address.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel : Ibis Krakow Centrum

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard – received refurbished standard. There are no other room types in this Ibis.

- How are the rooms? Newly refurbished room was nice – had Nespresso and Kettle. Also had good hairdryer in bathroom. Nespresso pods refreshed daily as well as bottled water. USB points also on sockets.

Good: Room heating was good enough to dry out clothes from a day of especially bad rain (then snow) It was March. Reception helpful and printed out our flight booking that I had lost somehow. Location good for old town and castle. Next to river. Looks like they are slowly upgrading hotel rooms. Was on same floor as refurbishing work – but no noise or disturbance.

Bad: Nothing.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Two welcome drink vouchers - good for soft drinks - tea - coffee - or other - we had two Jack D and Pepsi.

Welcomed back with lovely note from GM. Welcome gift of an Ibis brand music cd of local bands, and two small boxes of salted peanuts. Very nice touch.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes and have this was our second stay.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:46 am

MGallery Victory House London

- Name of the hotel: MGallery by Sofitel, Victory House London
- What is your Le Club status? Platinum
- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Overall yes, but the stay was ruined by the middle night. (see below)
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I booked a Deluxe Room - received a Deluxe Suite (double upgrade),
- How are the rooms? Pretty small but modern and new. Nice bathroom and comfy bed. Annoying number of curtains to close at night due to design of hotel with many sets of windows.
Good:
Great staff, great breaskfast (buffer + one hot item), new hotel and very well fitted, the bathroom and room felt warm and homely, the free mini-bar (soft drinks and snacks) was a nice touch
Bad: On the second night I was unable to really get to sleep till 3am due to noise from other venues in Leicester Square - the club opposite was very noisy and kept me up. I emailed the next morning as had no time to speak to staff due to work commitments. No reply as yet from the email; I just chased it. Disappointing but let's see if I get a reply..

Update - 25/03: received a very detailed reply from the hotel management and very happy with their response
They noted ongoing work to repair and upgrade windows too.

Last edited by craigc; Mar 25, 2018 at 6:43 am
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
- Name of the hotel:
Novotel on Stevens - Singapore

Gold

Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked - Standard room - Stayplus booking
Receive - Premier room

- How are the rooms?
New hotel, on the small ish side but functional. No complain about the room
It seems like all types of room basically the same, only located on different floors

Good : new hotel, fast efficient check in
Bad : location is a bit far, although you can get bus directly in front of the hotel.

Although I was upgraded to the Premier floor, it seems like the lounge access is not included.
Staff never mention about premier lounge and also the keycard cannot be used to access the floor

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Got 2 welcome drinks voucher that can be redeemed to select cocktails at the bar at the lobby
Welcome amenities was some fruits and local brand candies

Yes,
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:36 am
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Post edited to delete a quote, at the request of the poster.

Clearly, this Sofitel So is very So So and is a loupé as we say in French. Now with the Sofitel city centre, it's a no brainer if you want to stay with Sofitel downtown Singapore.
FlyerTalker37 likes this.

Last edited by Goldorak; Apr 24, 2018 at 11:11 pm
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Clearly, this Sofitel So is very So So and is a loupé as we say in French. Now with the Sofitel city centre, it's a no brainer if you want to stay with Sofitel downtown Singapore.
LOL! Luckily i booked the city centre property rather than this so so one! Travelling to Sentosa for a swim is a JOKE
FlyerTalker37 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.