Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:53 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Singapore City Centre

Platinum

Yes, quite happy!

Booked Luxury Room and got upgraded to Luxury Club Room (2 category upgrade)

- How are the rooms?
Rooms are generally good IMO. I love that the hotel did not try to make the rooms smaller as with what is the tread with new hotels in SG. Room is sized at 38sqm far bigger then those found at the new Intercontinental Roberson Quay (23sqm). Also, the fact that there was no see through glass between the bathroom and the room was inviting as that was a change in trend to revert back to the good old days.

Good:
- Room size was good
- Room was equipped well with a comfortable sitting chair and complimentary Minibar stocked with local drinks and TWG Tea/Nespresso Coffee.
- Service was excellent and staff at the Club called me by name constantly. Staff at the Restaurant was excellent too, Staff here are one of the best I have encountered in an Accor hotel in Singapore IMO.
- Access to Virgin Active Gym was a plus
- Location above MRT/Metro was excellent
- Buffet Breakfast at Racines was excellent, quality over quantity for sure.
- Dinner at Racines was definitely a highlight. Food was divine in all aspects. Would definitely recommend dining there.

Bad:
- Room did not have any drawers at all to put cloths. There are 2 drawers at the entrance of the room adjacent to the wardrobe however that is where the safe is located in the 1st drawer and the 2nd drawer contains items for the room.
- Pool water was way too cold, the Jacuzzi water seem to be at the ideal temperature as it was slightly warmer.
- Hotel is almost dead after 10.30-11pm. Everything closes, even the bar.

Yes

Good:
- Lounge was located next to the pool and has its own private terrace which was a plus.
- There was Champagne (Duval-Leroy, no longer Pol Roger), Rejoice for the first Accor Hotel in Singapore that serves Champagne in the Lounge.
- Evening Cocktails drinks selection is good. Usual Tea, Coffee, 2 Beers, 4 White & 4 Red wines, 1 Port wine, Champagne, Mocktails and Cocktails.

Bad:
- Lounge looked more like a restaurant than a lounge. No comfy chairs/sofas.
- Food offering for Afternoon Tea and Evening Cocktails was pathetic at best. The selection was so small, I was so dissapointed. They need to travel to other Sofitel's and Pullman's to learn. The Sofitel Macau food offerings for example were generous and at half the room rate to be honest.

- Received a small welcome amenity which consisted of 6 pieces of chocolate and a small cup of Barley. No WOW factor for a Flagship Sofitel that's for sure! Sofitel BKK Sukhumvit welcome amenity beats here hands down.
- Welcome drink voucher offered immediately and redeemable at hotel bar. Soft drinks, Tea, Coffee, Red/White Wines, Cocktails and Mocktails.

Considering I got the room at a special Weekend Rush rate, I will stay here again in the future if I can get that rate again. However if I had to pay the published rate, I think the hotel has to offer more to entice me to stay here again. I am not saying the hotel is bad, its nice for sure, ambiance and design of the hotel is amazing, service is top notch. However for a flagship Sofitel, it needs to have a WOW factor and that was missing from my stay.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF Gold, Accor Platinum
- Name of the hotel:
The Como Melbourne M Gallery

Gold

Yes, it was my third stay at the hotel.

Booked Superior room, upgraded to Junior Suite - 2 category upgrade.

- How are the rooms?
Very good size - advertised as 50m2, but feels so much larger.

Good:
The bed was very comfortable as are the block out blinds.

Bad:
The decor is starting to show its age.

N/A

I received a phone call 3 days before arrival asking if i would like an early check in or check out, as I was arriving late and leaving early, I never took them up on the offer.
Single drink voucher was presented with room key and upgraded automatically, but not mentioned or highlighted.

Yes, i intend on staying here again.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Review from December 2017 and my last stay.....

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Lille Centre Grand Place

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum
- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? So so so , no.
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard and got a standaard. Better rooms were available I checked it online and hotel was not full.
- How are the rooms? The room is showing some age. Dirty stains, ceiling at entrance not closed and scratches everywhere.
Good:
It's very close to the city center. Just a few minutes walking.
They said happy birthday.......was checking in 1 day before my birthday for a 2 night stay.......
Wifi is fast.

Bad:
Rooms are not top notch. Getting old and it need some new carpet.
No upgrade given (didn't asked, always get a better room and they mention it at checking at other hotels) and for sure other rooms were available. Booked standard, but executive with Nespresso machine, flipflops, bathrobe... I missed it a bit.
At check-in the employee saw at her screen that is was my birthday, I had reserved dinner for the arrival day in the restaurant for 4 persons, but no recognition or something.
Breakfast is really not special. They had a sign that you could make your own omelet or prepare your eggs how you wanted. The cooking plate was there, it was hot, little pan's, but no EGGS...... Boiled eggs were also not available.
Scrambled eggs were made from some chemical substance. Orange juice was sour and not fresh. Breakfast till 9:30 max during the week.
I had put a not disturb sign at my door, but while in bed during a nap..... doors opened to change the towels......why do they give you those signs.....
Restaurant food not that good, late arrival and wanted to keep it easy for that night.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A
- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 1 welcome drink voucher for 2, late check was possible because I asked for it.
- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Value not that great. Return, I have to.....because I have another reservations.....other options. Mercure in the city centre, but the rooms are so small. Stayed there 2 times.
Suite Novotel next to Euralille, but not in city centre. I'm staying in Suite Novotel tomorrow for a night to check it out.
There are some local hotels, a Holiday Inn express, Crowne Plaza at Euralille, Hotel Carlton, famous for DSK https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Strauss-Kahnand Hotel Lille Grand Place - Grand Hotel Bellevue
Outside the city center more options available, but no option for me.

Waiting to get the mail from Accor to give my view for the property. Advice don't go.
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Lille Centre Grand Place
- What is your Le Club status? Platinum Gold
- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Average
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard and got a standard. Better rooms were available I checked it online and hotel was not full.
- How are the rooms? The room was clean and better then last time, old style Novotel, Walk-in shower and after the shower the floor gets wet.
Good:
It's very close to the city center. Just a few minutes walking. Nothing special to mention. It's just a place to sleep. I have no special feeling after it.

Bad:
No upgrade given. Booked standard, but executive with Nespresso machine, flip flops, bathrobe... 2nd time no upgrade here.
2017: Breakfast is really not special. They had a sign that you could make your own omelet or prepare your eggs how you wanted. The cooking plate was there, it was hot, little pan's, but no EGGS...... Boiled eggs were also not available.
2018: First day: NO EGGS again, I asked where the eggs are....after 20 minutes no answer, asked an other employee, sorry no eggs today, except the scrambled eggs..... (industrial stuff)

1 sort of ham available, it's more an Ibis breakfast.....
- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A
- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 1 welcome drink voucher for 2.
- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Value not that great. Return, I have to.....because I have other reservations..... but this time I can cancel it. The hotel has the perfect location for me and that is the reason i'm coming back. Also I need the nights for Gold and the benefits that I really enjoy in some other hotels.

After 72 hours still no answer on my e-mail for the bill. Didn't receive it......
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Nusa Dua

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? so so

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Prestige suite with plunge pool - no upgrade

- How are the rooms? old dated and not well maintained, and quite dirty

Good :
the butler was proactive
the staff were polite
the lagoon pool is great

Bad:
status recognition - no upgrade and staff dont even mention about it
room condition
general cleanliness

yes, include with the room rate
food was average, and presentation is somewhat not very good

got welcome drink, drink voucher for 2, and some chocolates and macarons platter in the room

not a bad value but I will nid to consider whether I want to return

------
I do have some questions for platinums, does plats generally have better treatments than golds ?

I start LCAH last year as silver due to A+ and got my gold sometimes in the middle of last year.
And I dont feel any different from being gold and silver.
Room upgrades was rarely (in my case is never) given, only 1 hotel (so sofitel sg) acknowledge the upgrade unavailability and apologise for that.
The other hotel I stay just check me in into my reserved room and never mention about upgrades or the lack of it.

I can understand the lack of upgrade on some occassion as the reserved room already a suite and the next category maybe not even included in upgrade pool anyway.

Interestingly these upgrade benefit might push people to book cheapest standard room as the upgrade chance increase significantly

Perhaps Accor could add extra clause to these upgrade benefit ... like extra 5% (from booked rate) discount or 10% f&b voucher or even extra accor point if these upgrade is not given
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaizen7
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Nusa Dua

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? so so

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Prestige suite with plunge pool - no upgrade

- How are the rooms? old dated and not well maintained, and quite dirty

Good :
the butler was proactive
the staff were polite
the lagoon pool is great

Bad:
status recognition - no upgrade and staff dont even mention about it
room condition
general cleanliness

yes, include with the room rate
food was average, and presentation is somewhat not very good

got welcome drink, drink voucher for 2, and some chocolates and macarons platter in the room

not a bad value but I will nid to consider whether I want to return

------
I do have some questions for platinums, does plats generally have better treatments than golds ?

I start LCAH last year as silver due to A+ and got my gold sometimes in the middle of last year.
And I dont feel any different from being gold and silver.
Room upgrades was rarely (in my case is never) given, only 1 hotel (so sofitel sg) acknowledge the upgrade unavailability and apologise for that.
The other hotel I stay just check me in into my reserved room and never mention about upgrades or the lack of it.

I can understand the lack of upgrade on some occassion as the reserved room already a suite and the next category maybe not even included in upgrade pool anyway.

Interestingly these upgrade benefit might push people to book cheapest standard room as the upgrade chance increase significantly

Perhaps Accor could add extra clause to these upgrade benefit ... like extra 5% (from booked rate) discount or 10% f&b voucher or even extra accor point if these upgrade is not given
Sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations.
Did you ask the lounge FO about the upgrade? Was the hotel full?
I have been offered an upgrade from a plunge pool room to pool access room which I declined. I recall someone on the forum was upgraded from the lowest room cat to a villa so I tend to think they do upgrade LCAH members.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I didnt ask the FO about upgrade ... hotel might be full as they hosting some kind of events that day
And I actually happy with the room (if the condition was better)
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:25 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
You should always ask about it when checking in and check the Accor App when checking in which is very quick thing to do (2/3mins). If the next room/suite is valued more than 200/300 Euros higher per night then you should definitely ask the hotel about upgrades between certain suites as it may just be too much of an upgrade value wise. I was just looking at the bali Fairmont looks really nice so in the future if anyone wants luxury we now have 3/4 choices.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:24 am

Haha maybe I need to start doing just like that

And the addition of Fairmonts and Raffles to Accor portfolio really improve the luxury segment options
Looking forward to try various Fairmonts and Raffles
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Lyon Part Dieu

Platinium

Yes

Booked 2 standard rooms and got that (hotel was full)

- How are the rooms?
Good size but classical Novotel rooms

Good:
Breakfast was above average Novotel's breakfast

Bad:
The rooms are a bit old dated

N/A

Drink voucher for five of us (but we arrived around midnight and did not tried the bar)

I booked on last Accor's sales around 80€ with breakfast. I would return if the rates are cheap, but I prefer Mercure Lyon Part Dieu

Last edited by nrouxel; Mar 12, 2018 at 9:10 am
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Lyon Part Dieu

Platinium

Yes

Booked 2 standard room, one room was upgraded to a privilege room with a communicating room for the children

- How are the rooms?
Very good size and very calm (just above the station but very well soundproof).
Beds were very comfortable

Good:
Everything !

Bad:
Nothing

N/A

Drink voucher for five of us : we could use them for nice alcohol-free cocktails.
Two bag of local sweets "pralines" in the rooms

I booked on last Accor's sales around 80€ with breakfast.
I would definitivly return with the same rates (rates during weekend are usually cheap, not the case during week days)
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel:
Ibis style Clamart

Platinium

Yes

Booked a standard room, and was upgraded to a room on the 5th floor with a little balcony (same size of room but I could see the Eiffel Tower)

- How are the rooms?
Very good size and very calm (just above the station but very well soundproof).
Bed was very comfortable

Good:
Everything !

Bad:
Nothing

N/A

Drink voucher
A bag of sweets in the rooms

I would definitivly return even if this hotel is well outside Paris

I wrote a complete review : https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expe...l#post29514608
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:16 am
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 23, 2018 at 11:56 pm
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:34 am
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 23, 2018 at 11:55 pm
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Name of the hotel:
SO Sofitel Bangkok

Platinum

Very happy.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Whatever was standard to a ‘studio’ which I believe is 2 or 3 clicks up. Found out I lucked out on a rare quieter occupancy night.

- How are the rooms?
Excellent with attention to detail throughout; true of the property as a whole - heavily invested in and still relatively new.

Good: Really too much to mention. It delivers on everything it says it will - urban luxury with a cool vibe. Fabulous infinity pool area.
Bad:

Christian La Croix Signature Lounge with funky decoration and uniforms, and the legendary ‘Paul’ managing his team with terrific service. Lounge breakfast was frankly an astonishing sight - would put many main restaurants to shame.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :
Spoiled me. Fruit in room, complimentary fridge, chocolates delivered by Guest Relations mgr, drink voucher, GM came to introduce himself at check-in and later another of his mgt team in the lounge. I’ve probably forgotten something. These guys were really working hard at making plat feel special ( I did).

It’s never cheap. I think this was £150GBP night. In my personal top 5 hotel experiences. I would return in an instant if circumstances and budget worked.

Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 23, 2018 at 11:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.