FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread
Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:53 pm
ContinentalVoyager7

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Singapore City Centre

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, quite happy!

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Luxury Room and got upgraded to Luxury Club Room (2 category upgrade)

- How are the rooms?
Rooms are generally good IMO. I love that the hotel did not try to make the rooms smaller as with what is the tread with new hotels in SG. Room is sized at 38sqm far bigger then those found at the new Intercontinental Roberson Quay (23sqm). Also, the fact that there was no see through glass between the bathroom and the room was inviting as that was a change in trend to revert back to the good old days.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Room size was good
- Room was equipped well with a comfortable sitting chair and complimentary Minibar stocked with local drinks and TWG Tea/Nespresso Coffee.
- Service was excellent and staff at the Club called me by name constantly. Staff at the Restaurant was excellent too, Staff here are one of the best I have encountered in an Accor hotel in Singapore IMO.
- Access to Virgin Active Gym was a plus
- Location above MRT/Metro was excellent
- Buffet Breakfast at Racines was excellent, quality over quantity for sure.
- Dinner at Racines was definitely a highlight. Food was divine in all aspects. Would definitely recommend dining there.

Bad:
- Room did not have any drawers at all to put cloths. There are 2 drawers at the entrance of the room adjacent to the wardrobe however that is where the safe is located in the 1st drawer and the 2nd drawer contains items for the room.
- Pool water was way too cold, the Jacuzzi water seem to be at the ideal temperature as it was slightly warmer.
- Hotel is almost dead after 10.30-11pm. Everything closes, even the bar.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes

Good:
- Lounge was located next to the pool and has its own private terrace which was a plus.
- There was Champagne (Duval-Leroy, no longer Pol Roger), Rejoice for the first Accor Hotel in Singapore that serves Champagne in the Lounge.
- Evening Cocktails drinks selection is good. Usual Tea, Coffee, 2 Beers, 4 White & 4 Red wines, 1 Port wine, Champagne, Mocktails and Cocktails.

Bad:
- Lounge looked more like a restaurant than a lounge. No comfy chairs/sofas.
- Food offering for Afternoon Tea and Evening Cocktails was pathetic at best. The selection was so small, I was so dissapointed. They need to travel to other Sofitel's and Pullman's to learn. The Sofitel Macau food offerings for example were generous and at half the room rate to be honest.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
- Received a small welcome amenity which consisted of 6 pieces of chocolate and a small cup of Barley. No WOW factor for a Flagship Sofitel that's for sure! Sofitel BKK Sukhumvit welcome amenity beats here hands down.
- Welcome drink voucher offered immediately and redeemable at hotel bar. Soft drinks, Tea, Coffee, Red/White Wines, Cocktails and Mocktails.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Considering I got the room at a special Weekend Rush rate, I will stay here again in the future if I can get that rate again. However if I had to pay the published rate, I think the hotel has to offer more to entice me to stay here again. I am not saying the hotel is bad, its nice for sure, ambiance and design of the hotel is amazing, service is top notch. However for a flagship Sofitel, it needs to have a WOW factor and that was missing from my stay.