Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Name of the hotel:
Mercure Taksim

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes. The hotel was a little further away from Taksim square than I thought it woulld be, but a very nice hotel.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior Room with City View, was upgraded to a Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

How are the rooms?
Modern, clean, huge bathroom.

What was good and what was bad?
Good; Rooms, service
Bad: Location wasn't quite as good as I thought, but still ok.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No, apparently it was closed for the winter.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Welcome drink voucher, at check in they said I could take 5 additional drinks from the minibar. Cake pieces in the room.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Good value, would definitely return.
Goldorak and kaffir76 like this.

Last edited by aapee; Jan 22, 2018 at 6:48 am
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:30 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
You mean the Mercure Taksim right? 😂
Lounge? Closed for winter? It is permanently closed according to our understanding.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
yes, corrected that

they said winter when I asked, but maybe he was actually referring to the terrace, it was also closed.
gilbertaue and Goldorak like this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
The last morning, I requested a late checkout for 15:00. I was refused due to lack of availability. As the hotel was far from full (based on breakfast I would say they had less than 10 rooms booked) I enquire. They just replied "I checked with the staff at the morning briefing and we do not offer it today". Well I pointed out that this was a published benefit and the excuse of lack of availability is not acceptable considering the occupancy. 10 minutes later when I was upstair brushing my teeth the reception called to inform me I was granted a late checkout until 14:00. So I did get a benefit I needed but I had to push.
Oh gosh....
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Do you happen to know if the shuttle would run on a Friday evening at 23:00 ?
Probably. I never got a list of times from the hotel. We used it at 10 pm on a Thursday last time. Think it ran every 1/2 hour. Need to phone hotel to pick you up.

If it does not the taxi does although its about 30€
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
- Name of the hotel:
Hotel ibis Styles Lleida Torrefarrera

Platinum

Yes. Convenient stop on driving route to Spain from France via Andorra.

Standard. Received the same. It has no other rooms.
- How are the rooms?
Smallish, but clean. Smoking allowed on top floor.

No lift. Staff very friendly and nice.

N/A

Received the “silver VIP Platinum” welcome drink voucher for two persons. This equates to a 25cc of draft larger or a small soft drink / coffee. It just seemed mean on drink sizes.

Yes, and we have. Hotel just starting to show signs of wear and tear on fittings and fixtures. Think it was refurbished from an F1 about 4 years ago. Rates can include breakfast at about 4€. This has been steadily getting poorer in terms of choice and variety over the past few visits. There is an excellent choice of other restaurants and cafes in the very close proximity to the hotel.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:29 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
- Name of the hotel:
Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid

Classic (nobody)

No!

Booked and paid for an Executive Suite with breakfast and got the same.

- How are the rooms?
Top floor - dated furniture - we have had the same suite before. The shower did not work despite of the many trip trips by "the engineer" to repair it. Can't set it at a happy medium! While showering, all of the sudden the water either turns scolding hot or freezing cold.

Being used to the major players (Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, etc.), this was a .... stay as follows:
- KKC Airport van pickup did not show. Called the hotel and was told the van already returned back to the hotel and instructed us to take a taxi. No problem, we took a taxi (~$5) to the hotel. On our way, we saw the van parked at the airport first floor (arrival is on the 3rd floor) with the driver asleep. Very bad start for this stay. When we arrived at the hotel, we complained and was met by the FD who looked at us with disgust.
- Breakfast food was inedible. Restaurant staff don't know what egg benedicts or feta cheese means. They don't know how to make crispy bacon - bacon with soggy with oil. My wife is from Khon Kaen and she loves Isaan food but even that they couldn't get right. She couldn't eat their Isaan food at breakfast. Service was just as bad - no one smiles and when we arrive, no one comes to ask for our drinks. Finally after 5 minutes they acknowledge us. I request coffee and coffee is brought cold without sugar or spoon! Have to ask for really hot coffee with sugar and spoon!!! Unbelievably bad service!
- The shower problem stated above. It was still a problem when we checked out after 4 nights. "The engineer" got upset at us because he couldn't do his job and repair the problem. I usually shower in cold water while in Thailand. But I have 2 kids and it was relatively cold weather when we stayed in early January.
- They tried to nickel and dime us by asking for money to get bedding for the children. We booked on Accor.com for 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 6 & 9 years) an executive suite with breakfast. Really??? We refused on principal and had relatives supply us with bedding for the kids. The FD also wanted us to pay for breakfast for my 9 year old boy and I refused. What a racket???
- At check-in, they give you 7-day password for the Wifi - but the service is unreliable as the wifi keeps on kicking us out and we have to sign in again and again and again!!!
- Location is good next to Tukcom IT Mall (the MBK of Khon Kaen), nightlife, and many restaurant. I highly recommend Pomodoro Italian Restaurant adjacent to the hotel which serves the best Italian food I have ever had outside of Italy.
- Avoid the "Underground" restaurants as they will charge you tax and service charge (the so-called ++ which come to around 18%) on top of your tab. The food at Pomodoro is light years ahead of their food.

No club at this property.

Welcome drink for Classic member is Tea, Coffee, or soda can for 2. We had instant coffee and tea bags in the room so we took 2 cans of ginger ale.

Ok value - booked a 4 nights executive suite with breakfast stay for $540 including tax and service charge. Accor deducted 6000 points from my account and gave me $140 credit towards the final bill. Might not stay here again as AVANI Hotel has a newish property near one of Khon Kaen lakes which we can get for half the price (around $60 per night all in). My in-laws just stayed there and they report great property with an awesome grub at breakfast there.

We have been staying here since 2007 - here is our photo album of 10-years at this property:
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Name of the hotel:
Pullman Saigon Centre

Gold

I was, yes.

I booked Executive Suite and received Pullman Signature Suite.

How are the rooms?
Room was good, however I would not specifically call it a suite, it was more like a Junior Suite with no separate living room space.

Good; Service, nice and clean facilities
Bad: The motorized curtains were somehow broken so they lived a life of their own. When I wanted to go to bed, they kept opening and closing at their own preference. Also, the bathtub with a view never filled as the water pressure was poor and the bathtub huge in volume.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes, the lounge was fine, however nothing very special. Afternoon tea from 12-15 and happy hour from 16-18 (which was quite the odd time, in my opinion, not extending to evening hours). Food selection wasn't very extensive (especially for a vegetarian!).

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Welcome drink voucher was given proactively: good for beer, house wines or classic cocktails. Redeemed it at the rooftop bar, which is a relatively nice venue.
As a welcome gift I received two green mandarines and some soybeans. I've always had the same welcome amenity when staying here and I hate it. Not much luxury there. I also received a fruit platter as a complimentary dessert when ordering room service, they said this was due to my Gold status.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Some ~150 EUR for a suite per night so excellent value. I will return.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Pullman Montpellier Centre

Name of the hotel: Pullman Montpellier centre

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? : yes, very

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? booked superior room, was upgraded to a Deluxe

- How are the rooms? Not huge, but of decent size, modern style. Good soundproofing. Nespresso machine, bathrobe & slippers. Bathroom with walk-in shower

Good: very central location downtown MPL. You have also a tramway station at the foot of the hotel. 15 min drive from the airport.
very nice staff
good restaurant and bar on the roof of the hotel. The pool is tiny but enjoyable as it was quite hot in MPL early July.

Bad: very few chairs for the pool as the place is rather small. Otherwise nothing bad at this hotel.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :
Welcome drink voucher usable in the lobby bar or at the rooftop bar. Valid for soft drinks, beer, wine

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? yes (this was my 3rd or 4th stay and will return without hesitation).
I am quoting myself here from the 2017 thread (my last short review of this hotel last July. I had another recent stay there y consistent with the previous ones : a good Pullman hotel with good loyalty recognition. I had a very good dinner at the rooftop restaurant (but of course in January, you cannot have dinner outside ). Would return without hesitation.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Pullman Paris La Défense

Name of the hotel: Pullman Paris La Défense

For those who don’t know, La Défense is the big modern business district west of Paris. So it’s convenient if you have some business to do in the area. I have to precise, for a good understanding of this short review, that I didn’t book myself there. My room was part of many rooms booked by my company for various meetings. So the hotel didn’t know about my LCAH number and status. Usually, in that kind of circumstances, I e-mail the hotel in advance to give them my membership details, but here I was too busy the days before and I forgot to do it.

At check-in, there was only one person (another one joined later) and I don’t know why everything was taking forever (of course, there was the usual unattended priority LCAH desk). When my turn arrived, I of course gave my platinum card to the agent saying to her that it’s not in my booking. 5min later after not having touched the card in between she gave it back to me. As she was not saying anything, I asked if she entered the number and she just replied vaguely “everything is in our systems”. I was of course very skeptical but OK...let’s see.

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? OKish

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
I didn’t even know what was booked for me. Apparently it was a superior room and I got that so no upgrade. Of course I cannot completely blame them for this, as they didn’t have my LCAH number in the booking but there was absolutely no reaction whatsoever at the presentation of my platinum card (I even had to request the drink voucher).

- How are the rooms?
I would say classic Pullman. OK it does well the job. Large bathroom.
It was a room with 2 single beds. I truly dislike the single beds (I have bad sleep in), so I went down again to ask for a room with a double bed. In the mean time, several people arrived for check-in and it was still very slow to move (despite a 3rd agent who joined). So, another 30 min wait in line. When my turn finally arrived, I was replied that she doesn’t have the authority to do this and it can be done only by the manager !! Seriously ?? So another wait until this magic guy finishes with his customer and some typing and typing and typing on his computer, he said he can give me the last double bed room available. OK thanks...

Good: comfortable modern room, bed, sufficiently large. A pleasant bar and restaurant is available on the 2nd floor.

Bad:see above and below

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :
Welcome drink was not spontaneously given and I had to request it (the agent at check-in was obviously poorly trained for all LCAH-related things)

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? May be.

At check-out, I had the good idea to give again my LCAH card asking to confirm me that they had my number in. And guess what was the answer ? Of course not as I saw the employee entering the number. At least the points posted quickly and correct amount. I received the survey post-stay and received quickly an apologetic response from the manager and offering me 2000 points for compensation. Overall, even if nothing was catastrophic, staff is not well trained at this hotel. As a reminder, this is the hotel where our friend virtualaris faced also relatively recently a crazy situation due to poor training. For those who want to refresh their memory, here is the link to the thread :
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...al-50-eur.html

Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Mercure Porto Centro Hotel

Platinium

Yes

Booked two standard room and one single room. the two standard room were upgraded to privilege room (one of them was a corner room with great view). All 3 rooms were on the 5th floor (room on the 6th floor have bigger windows)

How are the rooms?

The privilege room have been recently renovated with a decoration inspired by the Oporto city and its monuments. The single room was a classic one.

Good: Perfect location in the city center. Very welcoming and efficient staff. Excellent restaurant.

Bad: Nothing

Welcome drinks, amenities or any other special perks?

Two drinks voucher, free mini-bar, two apples a two big bottles of water.

Value for money? Would you return?
Yes
Goldorak likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:57 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Good stay at Swissotel Nankai Osaka

- Name of the hotel:
Swissotel Nankai Osaka

Accor LeClub Platinum/Swissotel Circle Inizia (I emailed the hotel in advance to see if they can extend any benefits to LeClub Platinum members and wasn't expecting much, however I was greatly surprised by the fact that they extended me full benefits such as early check-in, upgrade of room and even access to executive lounge even though I was only Inizia member with Swisshotel Circle)

Yes, very happy

Booked Premier room and got upgraded to Swiss Advantage Room as per courtesy extension of Le Club Platinum status

- How are the rooms?
Rooms were generally good and well sized. I was offered a room on the 17th floor for the first night and was told if I wanted a higher floor, they are able to offer me a room on the 31st floor only the next day. As I was lazy to move halfway through the stay, I stuck with the 17th floor room which still offered a great view of Osaka.

Good:
1. Location was excellent, took an express train from the airport to Namba station. Hotel is located above Namba station. Don't even need to walk out in the open, hotel is directly connected to the station.
2. Very big shopping mall below the hotel with my favorite Takashimaya department store
3. Service was excellent and professional, typical of Japan hotel but they were a step better.
4. Views from room was nice. Hotel was one of the taller ones in Osaka.

Bad:
1. My keycard kept on getting deactivated and had to keep on getting it fixed.
2. Breakfast could use some improvement considering the cost of room per night.
3. Prices could be more competitive IMO

Yes, lounge was slight on the small side. Service was tip top. Food selection at the lounge was slightly poor and evening cocktails selection was good. They serve champange from a brand I have never heard off.

No welcome drinks but I guess it will be added in soon once Accor takes over FRHI fully on 2 July. Otherwise, nice welcome amenity which consisted of 2 In- house made chocolate bars which tasted out of this world. Delicious indeed.

Yes, location was too good but I do hope prices can be, slightly lower. Paid close to $300SGD a night

Last edited by ContinentalVoyager7; Feb 2, 2018 at 6:03 am
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Novotel Genève Aéroport (Ferney Voltaire, France)

Name of the hotel: Novotel Genève Aéroport (Ferney Voltaire, France)

This hotel is very close to the airport, but on its French side, located in Ferney Voltaire.

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No, no and no

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Booked superior double bed + sofa bed and received that. There is only one room category.

- How are the rooms?
If I tell you typical Novotel, I think there’s nothing to add :-)

Good: very close to the airport, comfortable bed and very quiet (no noise).
Bad:: This stay (1 night) was mediocre from beginning to the end. Here is the story. I booked this hotel because Accor of course but because very close to GVA (I was between 2 flights arriving evening and departing the following morning) and they have a free shuttle. In the afternoon, I called to enquire if it was needed to call for the shuttle or if it was running periodically. Answer was that it was needed to call and I was asked to exit on the French side of the airport. I called while disembarking my plane. It was 22:20 pm. I was answered that the service was ending at 22:30 and that the last shuttle already departed…Whaaat ??? Despite I was still in the operation hours, it was no and no. A nice way to welcome a Plat customer… At the question on how do I reach the hotel, they said “take a taxi” (I believe the correct answer should have been “I’m sending you a taxi right now”, but that was certainly too mucho ask.

Then my next problem was that there was no taxi at all on the French side. Same after a 15 min wait. I tried Uber but they were all on the Swiss side and didn’t want to go to the French side. There was a gentleman waiting apparently for a pick-up by his wife. I asked him if there was any hope for a taxi coming and he said no big hopes at that time. He asked me where I was going and proposed me very kindly to drop me there as it was on his way. His wife arrived 5 min later with the car and thanks to them I finally arrived at the hotel.

As you can imagine, I was very upset when I checked-in and spoke to the lady I had on the phone. She said nothing, listening to an upset customer. Another example of poor training and poor loyalty handling.

Toward midnight, wanted to take a shower, I close the door of the bathroom and discover 2 used towels hanged behind the door and not removed by housekeeping. So you even wonder if the room has been made.

I had no time to see the GM the following morning, but I sent immediately an e-mail to the GM to complain about this unacceptable stay. He replied within 2 or 3 hrs, with plenty of apologies and that this was certainly not rejecting the service he wants to offer to his guests. He explained me also that the end of the Shuttle service at 10:30 pm was imposed by the Airport authorities to French operators (weird, but I can believe him of course), and that this should change soon, but that doesn’t excuse why I was not picked-up at 22:20. He said also that the housekeeping problem will be handled by him. He credited immediately 8000 compensation points on my account. Good response, but of course it would have been better to not encounter those problems.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks : drink voucher was given spontaneously, but I didn’t have time to use it.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?likely not.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel:
Pullman Bali Legian Beach

Gold

Yes, very much so.

Booked entry level room. Was upgraded to one-bedroom suite without prompting.

- How are the rooms?
Modern and spacious. The one-bedroom suite is basically a standard room, with a living room and second bathroom attached through a connecting door. Condition of room was very good.

Good:
Excellent Le Club recognition. Staff very friendly and eager to please.

Bad:
Airconditioning in the room was insufficient. Even when on the lowest temperature setting and full fan, the room remained uncomfortably warm. Also the breakfast room was too hot. Some food items looked 'sweaty'.

N/A

Two welcome drink vouchers were given valid for any drink, including cocktails, at the lobby or pool bar. In the room, a welcome amenity of a fruit basket and package of cashew nuts. Late check-out till 17:00 was offered at check-in.

Admittedly, this wasn't peak season so my rate was very low considering the property. Looking at the hotel itself, I'd definitely return. However, I do prefer the more calm Nusa Dua or Sanur above Legian/Kuta.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Century City Hong Kong

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Standard room with two singles and was upgraded to a Superior room with two singles (the rooms over Superior level have double beds, which weren't appropriate).

- How are the rooms? The rooms were clean but quite small (not unusual in Hong Kong) and the fixtures and fittings were getting to the stage where they could do with a refurb (more showing their age than being in unacceptable condition). The beds were comfy and we had a view of the Harbour. There was free water in the rooms plus a mini bar (which we didn't use but seemed well stocked). The television had a good mix of channels in a variety of languages and there was an in-room safe.

Good: Staff were very good - Gold status was recognised on check-in without any prompting and I was told about the upgrade immediately (with an explanation and apology for why it wasn't to a higher level, even though I wasn't expecting it). Breakfast was excellent in the main restaurant - really good range of Chinese and Western foods plus an egg station that could whip up omelettes and fried eggs. Location is also good - 5 minutes walk from Wan Chai MTR station and the Convention Centre.

Bad: The rooms are getting to the point where they need to be refurbished. There was also a bit of noise from next door as a couple were having a full on row late at night - not the hotel's fault and the couple kept it down after someone from another room knocked on their door and told them to shut up.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? As a lowly Gold I don't have lounge access and I wasn't on the Executive level so cannot comment.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Room upgrade given without having to ask for it and I was given 2 drinks vouchers on check-in, which we used for a coke and a local beer.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I didn't get the best rate for this hotel because I left the booking a little too late and it had gone up (my fault - I was dithering between the Novotel and the Pullman and by the time I made up my mind both had gone up a fair bit). If I could get it cheaper than I paid, then I would definitely return but for what I paid I would probably look elsewhere first and see how the Novotel rates compare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.