Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:05 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was above average!

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Luxury room and got upgraded to Luxury Club Room

- How are the rooms? Starting to show its age! Hotel is about 6 years old and wood on the floor has started to show its true colors.

Good:
- Rooms are still large
- Pool temperature was perfect
- Gym was excellent with such a good trainer

Bad:
- Service was not what it used to be, that I can say with absolute certainty
- Food could use some improvements, not saying its bad but it was not what it used to be.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, lounge was as usual quite good. However not as good as my previous stay since alot of the old staff has left and the new staff don't recognize us anymore.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? The usual welcome drinks. The welcome amenity was not as good as my previous stay but then again, my previous stay amenity was done up by DOR.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, if they start refurbishing the rooms. Overall hotel is still pretty good for the price I paid per night. But with its age showing, might start to reconsider soon.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was above average!

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Luxury room and got upgraded to Luxury Club Room

- How are the rooms? Starting to show its age! Hotel is about 6 years old and wood on the floor has started to show its true colors.

Good:
- Rooms are still large
- Pool temperature was perfect
- Gym was excellent with such a good trainer

Bad:
- Service was not what it used to be, that I can say with absolute certainty
- Food could use some improvements, not saying its bad but it was not what it used to be.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, lounge was as usual quite good. However not as good as my previous stay since alot of the old staff has left and the new staff don't recognize us anymore.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? The usual welcome drinks. The welcome amenity was not as good as my previous stay but then again, my previous stay amenity was done up by DOR.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, if they start refurbishing the rooms. Overall hotel is still pretty good for the price I paid per night. But with its age showing, might start to reconsider soon.
I think it depends on the room you were allocated. I was disappointed by the welcome amenity but was very well treated at L'appart.

Yes, a refurbishment will work well.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:23 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by cowism
I think it depends on the room you were allocated. I was disappointed by the welcome amenity but was very well treated at L'appart.

Yes, a refurbishment will work well.
I'm usually allocated a corner room either on 27,28 or 29th floor as they usually see my records from previous stays. But a friend of mine who was also staying at the hotel said their room also was not in the best of shapes.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:58 am

ibis Porto Centro

- Name of the hotel: ibis Porto Centro

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked double and got double, this ibis only has double, twin and a double+single bed which I don't need anyway

- How are the rooms?
Room seems slightly larger than usual ibis size with standard ibis decoration.

Good:
Location is very good, main shopping street within 5min walk and there is a supermarket right downstairs so it's very convenient. If my memory is correct they are selling bottle water for 1EUR or similar but you can get it at the supermarket for below 0.2EUR

Bad:
- Not exactly bad, but reception is on 3rd floor instead of ground floor so you will need to go there specifically if you want to ask something or see a staff. Otherwise you might not see anyone except for check in and check out.

NA

I didn't get a welcome drink voucher, but I did receive early check in

If the price is right, there is only a mercure and this really if you want to stay in the city center.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:58 am

ibis Lisboa Saldanha

- Name of the hotel: ibis Lisboa Saldanha

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? So-so

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked double and got double, this ibis only has double or twin

- How are the rooms?
Room is quite large with standard ibis decoration. However, the cleaning could have been improved as I saw a little bug (don't know what it's called and it's really tiny) in the bathroom 2 out of 4 nights there. It might due to poor maintenance as well.

Good:
Location is quite good, close to metro and bus

Bad:
- the upkeep as mentioned above
- the bathroom door can't be closed probably, told the reception at 2nd morning and it doesn't get much response

NA

Drink voucher and early check in

In terms of price and value it's ok, but I don't usually choose ibis unless using points like this time due to lower earning rate on points
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:59 am

ibis Styles Barcelona Centre

- Name of the hotel: ibis Styles Barcelona Centre

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Quite ok

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? booked single and get that

- How are the rooms?
Room is quite small especially after the larger-than-usual ibis in Lisbon and Porto, but then it's at central BCN and it's a single room so I don't expect much. On the other hand the room is well maintained and feel quite new
​​​​​​- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Location is good
Staff are friendly
Breakfast is pretty nice as well

Bad:
If I must say one it would be the lack of upgrade, but then I didn't check the availability so I can't tell if it's full

N/A

Drink voucher which is attached to the key card holder

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Value is good and I quite like the location

On a side note, I've also stayed at Fairmont BCN and I get room upgrade, a small pack of chocolate which taste really good and welcome drink voucher despite I have 0 nights in my Fairmont account. If you don't mind that it's a bit far away from the tourist area it's a good choice, especially I used BRG and paid just a little over 100EUR/night
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Szczecin Centrum, Poland

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes (till siesta) and mostly no (after siesta)

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard Double; upgraded to Executive Double on 3rd floor

- How are the rooms? More or less recently rufurbished executive rooms. Design that I have seen elsewhere so I'd say it's standard with lots of grey. Quite large (20 sq m says website). There are two small armchair and a coffee table + a small desk. Bathroom with a shower (hotel website shows old bathtubs only) - big, but dull grey and not particularly attractive. Nespresso coffee machines in the room.

Good:
+ Early check-in around 10.30 on Saturday (I checked in online and left a note saying we'd be early)
+ In-room VIP treatment waiting in the room (cf. below)
+ Friendly staff at the reception
+ Good size room
+ Quite good location (near the centre and tram stops; 10 minutes from the railway station)
+ Swimming pool on site (though I haven't investigated it)

Bad:
The first impression was very good and we were happy. Then it only got worse.
* First I realised the paper toilet holder was not fixed to the wall properly. Minor issue, but it could hurt your toes.
* Then I realised the minibar wasn't working. Neither could I use the sockets next to the desk. They're probably on the same faulty cable. Thus, I moved the desk to another part of the room to plug in my laptop there. Mostly solved.
* After working for a couple of hours in the room, I was freezing cold, even though the air-conditioning unit was set to +30 degrees. The unit made a lot of noise but didn't emit any heat. Went down to the reception. I was told other guests "might have complained" too and their security person (!?) was going to investigate later that night.
* Eventually I was given a key to a different room to check if the air conditioning worked better there. Sadly, it didn't, but the room was on a different side of the corridor and was warmer than my original room, so we moved. This also solved the problem of the minibar and the sockets -- they worked well in the new room.
* After taking a shower, I discovered we had four hand towels in the bathroom but no bath towels. Getting dry (drier) was a bit of a challenge.
Plus noisy neighbours on the floor. Was woken up by people shouting/crying/banging on the walls around 4 a.m.

I observed some differences between the rooms even though they're supposed to be standard.
For example: 2 mugs and 2 water glasses in room A vs 2 mugs, 2 water glasses and 2 cups with saucers in room B (but one of the teaspoons was missing). Different sets of amenities: 1 shampoo and 1 showel gel in room A; 2 shampoos and 2 shower gels in room B. But no kleenex in either of the rooms - at least that was consistent

The minibar overpriced as always. A small plastic (!) bottle of Viña Albali wine priced at 32 PLN (8 EUR). Almost a luxury item at Novotel. In fact, it's an everyday wine. Supermarket price of a bottle (75cl) is about 2.50 EUR in Spain and 4-4.5 EUR in Poland.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

* A voucher for welcome drinks for 2 people given at check-in. There's a Novo Lounge bar on the ground floor. It's good for soft drinks, tap beer (Żywiec), wine (house wine?), possibly the cheapest whisky. The waitress didn't know the rules very well or simply wanted to serve the easiest items (beer, wine). Very slow service. More than 20 minutes from the moment we entered till the drinks (beer and wine) were served.
* Platter with fruit (pineapple, strawberries, grapes) and sweets in the room
* Since we stayed around Easter, we also got a mini-Easter cake and a decorative plastic egg (quite big) in the room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I paid with points (2000) and paid the rest by credit card (approx. 10 EUR). The rate was low for this Novotel, as the room was booked in advance and the stay was around Easter (very low season in many places in Poland).
I'd think twice before returning, especially if I were paying for the room in cash and/or if the price was higher. Given the number of small problems, I'd probably choose the ibis hotel, which is just around the corner. The newly refurbished rooms come with a small desk now and the bathroom size is decent. ibis rooms are usually 20-50 EUR cheaper.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:31 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Pullman City Centre, Dubai

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Junior Suite received Executive Room (downgrade) for first night then the booked Junior Suite for 2nd & 3rd nights.

- How are the rooms?
Standard Pullman rooms.
Junior suites have a balcony with sliding doors which offer poor sound insulation from traffic noice. Noticeably noisier than non balcony rooms.

Good:
Good value for Dubai
Food in hotel good.
Lounge staff helpful

Bad:
Downgrade despite hotel knowing I was arriving late and hotel was providing airport transfer.
For a Dubai hotel parts of property need refurbishment.
Difficulties getting invoices, incorrect points posted.
Still owed refund 10 days after check out (13 days after refund promised).
Service of drinks in restaurants very poor.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Lounge access in room rate in any case. Lounge staff helpful, food selection OK, some of the soft furnishing very dirty and in need of replacement.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink not provided at check in, queried it on day two and then provided for use in any hotel F & B outlet. Welcome amenity provided on day 2 in second room. No welcome letter. Despite all the problems and request to speak to GM he deemed himself too busy to interact with a guest.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? For a Dubai hotel it is good value but too many service failures. 10 days after checkout still wait for promised refund for room downgrade. Promised invoices not sent requiring 4 emails to finally receive. Dubai has so many other options therefore would not return to hotel as better options elsewhere.

Last edited by cwl; Apr 17, 2018 at 3:01 pm
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:40 pm
cwl

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Corniche Abu Dhabi

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked luxury room, received Prestige Suite

- How are the rooms?
Suites are very good and maintained to a high standard.
Very comfortable nights sleep.

Good:
Excellent value for money
Food in hotel good.
Service from staff constantly high

Bad:
Nothing I can think of.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Lounge access in booked room rate in any case. Lounge staff helpful, breakfast buffet and menu for hot items, evening buffet plus hot items served at table. A good Sofitel lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome provided at check in good for wine, beer, cocktails, cocktails and soft drinks at pool or in hotel bar. Welcome letter and plate of cakes delivered to room just after checkin.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Have stayed before and would happily stay again. A very good Sofitel at 40% of the cost of its Dubai siblings.
Goldorak likes this.

Last edited by cwl; Apr 17, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:58 pm
cwl

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Possibly

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior room, received Executive Suite after asking and reception staff having to get approval from GM.

- How are the rooms?
Executive Suite one and a half bathrooms, bedroom and large sitting room. Tiny balcony just big enough for one person to stand on. Room designed to give impression of an oasis with green carpets and green furniture. Rooms are not old but the design hasn't aged well.

Good:
Five star location and views on top of Jebel Hafeet looking down on Al Ain and across to Oman.
Food quality good
Friendly eager to please staff.
Nice pool deck with comfortable sunbeds and lots of complimentary sport activities
Out door Al Khamar arabic restaurant good with great views.

Bad:
Accor status privileges all need to be requested and "approved by a manger".
Parts of the hotel needs TLC, several area cordoned off with tape where surfaces have crumbled or simply fallen away (hotel is only 12 years old).
Main restaurant and bar both in desperate need of refurbishment.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? No welcome drink voucher provided, when asked informed the small glass of juice provided at check in was a welcome drink. Challenged this and two voucher subsequently arrived marked for use in bar or restaurant although all restaurants refused to accept. Asked again and told could only use in one bar despite what the voucher said. No welcome amenity, no welcome letter.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? The hotel has many faults but there was something about it which overcame the shortcomings. The hotel is building a new block of suites which will hopefully lead to upgrades elsewhere, needs a bit of capital investment. Five star location, 3 star hotel.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cwl
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet
Bad:
Accor status privileges all need to be requested and "approved by a manger".
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:11 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
cwl I hope you left a poor rating for the online survey.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Name of the hotel: MGallery Royal Beach Seminyak

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes and No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Grand Deluxe, received One Bedroom Villa with Jacuzzi.

- How are the rooms? It is an old Sofitel. Nice Baliness feel to it but it is showing it's age. You can say it is classic, I will call it old.

Good: Good value for money for it's location - near to many cafes or a 2 USD taxi ride to most places for food. Very nicely manicured gardens with 2 pools. Near the beach. Great service. - friendly villa manager and concierge. Proactive upgrade and welcome drink voucher. Very reasonable breakfast - not best quality but fantastic spread.

Bad: Tired rooms and facilities. Phones were not cleaned and some parts of the room were dusty. Insufficient loungers at the pool.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No Lounge. No Free mini bar too sadly. Free breakfast which was awesome.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 2 glass bottles of water with a bowl of salak (meh). 2 welcome drinks enjoyed at beachfront cafe - good for any drinks incld wines and spirits,

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes value for money but may not return.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Name of the hotel: Amarterra Villas Bali Nusa Dua

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked One Bedroom Villa - received the same.

- How are the rooms? Fantastic. There was a huge lounge area with gazebo and mini bar to chill out with a TV and simple sound system. Lovely bed and contemporary design. Jacuzzi in the room with outdoor shower. Get a room in the middle of the property for more privacy and to avoid noise from the road

Good: Daily turn down amenity which included indonesian snacks, chocolate and a fan. Free breakfast as platinum member. Service at restaurants were tip top. They arranged a poolside under the stars dinner. Complimentary rides to the airport and to places near Benoa or Nusa Dua. Just need to call the hotel to pick up. Some staff were exceptional and being very proactive. Sensational high quality breakfast - order ala carte from menu.

Bad: Poor welcome - not sure why there is no welcome note from GM but instead a See You Soon note was given. Welcome drink was not proactive. A briefing of Platinum member benefits was also not briefed. No Thank You for your loyalty. Welcome amenity was a bottle of local wine. I summoned the FOM for feedback of welcome. Disappointing for this level of property. Very expensive spa. Private beach a 5 minute buggy ride away. Shower heads can do with a refresh.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No Lounge. Free minibar and breakfast

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Coupon for welcome drink.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes value for money because I booked it on red hot rooms. Yes would return if the price is right.
RJ77 likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Name of the hotel: Pullman Paris La Défense

For those who don’t know, La Défense is the big modern business district west of Paris. So it’s convenient if you have some business to do in the area. I have to precise, for a good understanding of this short review, that I didn’t book myself there. My room was part of many rooms booked by my company for various meetings. So the hotel didn’t know about my LCAH number and status. Usually, in that kind of circumstances, I e-mail the hotel in advance to give them my membership details, but here I was too busy the days before and I forgot to do it.

At check-in, there was only one person (another one joined later) and I don’t know why everything was taking forever (of course, there was the usual unattended priority LCAH desk). When my turn arrived, I of course gave my platinum card to the agent saying to her that it’s not in my booking. 5min later after not having touched the card in between she gave it back to me. As she was not saying anything, I asked if she entered the number and she just replied vaguely “everything is in our systems”. I was of course very skeptical but OK...let’s see.

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? OKish

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
I didn’t even know what was booked for me. Apparently it was a superior room and I got that so no upgrade. Of course I cannot completely blame them for this, as they didn’t have my LCAH number in the booking but there was absolutely no reaction whatsoever at the presentation of my platinum card (I even had to request the drink voucher).

- How are the rooms?
I would say classic Pullman. OK it does well the job. Large bathroom.
It was a room with 2 single beds. I truly dislike the single beds (I have bad sleep in), so I went down again to ask for a room with a double bed. In the mean time, several people arrived for check-in and it was still very slow to move (despite a 3rd agent who joined). So, another 30 min wait in line. When my turn finally arrived, I was replied that she doesn’t have the authority to do this and it can be done only by the manager !! Seriously ?? So another wait until this magic guy finishes with his customer and some typing and typing and typing on his computer, he said he can give me the last double bed room available. OK thanks...

Good: comfortable modern room, bed, sufficiently large. A pleasant bar and restaurant is available on the 2nd floor.

Bad:see above and below

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :
Welcome drink was not spontaneously given and I had to request it (the agent at check-in was obviously poorly trained for all LCAH-related things)

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? May be.

At check-out, I had the good idea to give again my LCAH card asking to confirm me that they had my number in. And guess what was the answer ? Of course not as I saw the employee entering the number. At least the points posted quickly and correct amount. I received the survey post-stay and received quickly an apologetic response from the manager and offering me 2000 points for compensation. Overall, even if nothing was catastrophic, staff is not well trained at this hotel. As a reminder, this is the hotel where our friend virtualaris faced also relatively recently a crazy situation due to poor training. For those who want to refresh their memory, here is the link to the thread :
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...al-50-eur.html

Sorry, I overlooked this @Goldorak . Couldn't agree more. The hotel staffs were poorly trained. I recalled that the Duty Manager accompanying us to the room. He explained that the President Suite is their biggest room category in the hotel; as you can see there are 2 bedrooms here ...... and he got confused since there's only 1 bedroom; then he suddenly said; ah this is the 2nd bed; it fits for another 2 persons while pointing the Convertible Sofa Beds.

It seems that the staffs were not only poorly trained in term of Le Club but also poorly trained in understanding their own inventory.

1 hour later, he made a phone call and apologized that the sofa bed is not the second bed that he meant to ; he told me that the housekeeping was still cleaning the 2nd bedroom on that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.