FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread
Old May 1, 2018, 10:03 am
virtualaris

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Name of the hotel: Pullman Paris La Défense

For those who don’t know, La Défense is the big modern business district west of Paris. So it’s convenient if you have some business to do in the area. I have to precise, for a good understanding of this short review, that I didn’t book myself there. My room was part of many rooms booked by my company for various meetings. So the hotel didn’t know about my LCAH number and status. Usually, in that kind of circumstances, I e-mail the hotel in advance to give them my membership details, but here I was too busy the days before and I forgot to do it.

At check-in, there was only one person (another one joined later) and I don’t know why everything was taking forever (of course, there was the usual unattended priority LCAH desk). When my turn arrived, I of course gave my platinum card to the agent saying to her that it’s not in my booking. 5min later after not having touched the card in between she gave it back to me. As she was not saying anything, I asked if she entered the number and she just replied vaguely “everything is in our systems”. I was of course very skeptical but OK...let’s see.

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? OKish

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
I didn’t even know what was booked for me. Apparently it was a superior room and I got that so no upgrade. Of course I cannot completely blame them for this, as they didn’t have my LCAH number in the booking but there was absolutely no reaction whatsoever at the presentation of my platinum card (I even had to request the drink voucher).

- How are the rooms?
I would say classic Pullman. OK it does well the job. Large bathroom.
It was a room with 2 single beds. I truly dislike the single beds (I have bad sleep in), so I went down again to ask for a room with a double bed. In the mean time, several people arrived for check-in and it was still very slow to move (despite a 3rd agent who joined). So, another 30 min wait in line. When my turn finally arrived, I was replied that she doesn’t have the authority to do this and it can be done only by the manager !! Seriously ?? So another wait until this magic guy finishes with his customer and some typing and typing and typing on his computer, he said he can give me the last double bed room available. OK thanks...

- What was good and what was bad?
Good: comfortable modern room, bed, sufficiently large. A pleasant bar and restaurant is available on the 2nd floor.

Bad:see above and below

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :
Welcome drink was not spontaneously given and I had to request it (the agent at check-in was obviously poorly trained for all LCAH-related things)

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? May be.

At check-out, I had the good idea to give again my LCAH card asking to confirm me that they had my number in. And guess what was the answer ? Of course not as I saw the employee entering the number. At least the points posted quickly and correct amount. I received the survey post-stay and received quickly an apologetic response from the manager and offering me 2000 points for compensation. Overall, even if nothing was catastrophic, staff is not well trained at this hotel. As a reminder, this is the hotel where our friend virtualaris faced also relatively recently a crazy situation due to poor training. For those who want to refresh their memory, here is the link to the thread :
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...al-50-eur.html

Sorry, I overlooked this @Goldorak . Couldn't agree more. The hotel staffs were poorly trained. I recalled that the Duty Manager accompanying us to the room. He explained that the President Suite is their biggest room category in the hotel; as you can see there are 2 bedrooms here ...... and he got confused since there's only 1 bedroom; then he suddenly said; ah this is the 2nd bed; it fits for another 2 persons while pointing the Convertible Sofa Beds.

It seems that the staffs were not only poorly trained in term of Le Club but also poorly trained in understanding their own inventory.

1 hour later, he made a phone call and apologized that the sofa bed is not the second bed that he meant to ; he told me that the housekeeping was still cleaning the 2nd bedroom on that time.