Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by coolhead
It seems that Ibis hotels in Europe do not have kettles.
So far I have stayed in Ibis Moscow Kievskaya, Ibis Warszawa Reduta, Ibis Tegel Airport Berlin, Ibis Koeln Messe (Cologne). So far all do not have kettles. Doing Ibis on the cheap so that I can hit 30 nights this year and do some gold review for you guys.
The Ibis at Toulouse Airport has a lucky dip policy on Kettles - some are taken by guests it said .... ugg

Krakow Ibis ( both ) will let you have free hot water from kitchen ....

We have been charged for kettles ( and the associated coffee / tea bags in some hotels ) especially in Spain - one not Accor near BCN even wanted to "rent" a cup !!!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by hotel_user
The Ibis at Toulouse Airport has a lucky dip policy on Kettles - some are taken by guests it said .... ugg

Krakow Ibis ( both ) will let you have free hot water from kitchen ....

We have been charged for kettles ( and the associated coffee / tea bags in some hotels ) especially in Spain - one not Accor near BCN even wanted to "rent" a cup !!!
Ibis Brussels Midi Gare does not have kettle.

Lo and behold, Ibis London Barking has free coffee and tea, cups and kettle and does not charge for it. I am totally amazed.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
MGallery royal beach hotel Seminyak

just some fruit and 2 bottles of water, below expectations, as the hotel, unfortunately

just upgraded from Deluxe to Grand Deluxe (really small difference)

had also 1 voucher for free temathic dinner for 2 pax, nothing special

Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:03 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Edit: posted about drink vouchers in appropriate thread and amenity situation was resolved.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Aug 13, 2018 at 5:13 am
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:36 am

Sofitel Nusa Dua
platinum welcome gift

Little bit below expectations... just 1 macaron for 2 guests...perhaps one of us was not welcome :-)

NO room upgrade (booked luxury room with pool, received the same - they say hotel is fully booked...ok

but received as compensation 1 voucher for free dinner buffet for 2 pax including soft drink at the main restaurant
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
should cut the macaron in two
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
should cut the macaron in two
too late 😃 I’ve been faster than my wife 😁
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Mercure London Bridge.
Platinum.

No gift (just the drink voucher).
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:16 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Hotel: Sofitel Kunming
VIP treatment: Nothing. Had to ask for the room upgrade at check-in. No drink vouchers given at check-in (had to ask for them the next day). No welcome gift in room (due to the room change from the upgrade) but nothing was delivered following check-in, or the following day.
Reaction: Underwhelmed, which is unfortunate because the property itself is fantastic and the breakfast is one of the best hotel breakfast buffets I've had in a long time.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Mercure London Bridge.
Platinum.

No gift (just the drink voucher).
Diet Coke??
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Excellent Platinum Recognition and Benefits at Sofitel Kunming

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Hotel: Sofitel Kunming
VIP treatment: Nothing. Had to ask for the room upgrade at check-in. No drink vouchers given at check-in (had to ask for them the next day). No welcome gift in room (due to the room change from the upgrade) but nothing was delivered following check-in, or the following day.
Reaction: Underwhelmed, which is unfortunate because the property itself is fantastic and the breakfast is one of the best hotel breakfast buffets I've had in a long time.
I had better luck. I am Accor Plus Plat. Stayed in this hotel twice within 1 week at the end of July 2018 (3 weeks ago). 1 night followed by another 2 nights a week later.

I thought their Platinum benefits and recognition were excellent. Were upgraded to their Prestige Suite on both occasions. Big suite with 2 toilets, contemporary design, round sofa set and beautiful huge bathroom overseeing the city.

Had to ask for Welcome drink coupons and were given 2 vouchers. Can be redeemed either at the lobby lounge or the rooftop bar.

Welcome amenity was big set of fruits with walnuts, macaron and blueberry (which I thought were quite different and refreshing). 8 to 10 bottles of drinking water in the room.

I thought their executive club lounge is one of the best I had experienced in China. Quite a huge lounge on the 48th floor with unobstructed view. Extensive food ranging from beef, chicken, lamb, salmon, pasta and many others.

For the rate I paid using Accor Plus (around RMB 600 Nett), I have to say that the benefits given to me on both stays were extremely value for $$$. I will definitely stay here whenever I am in Kunming.

Happy
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sofitel Washington Lafayette Square

Sofitel Washington Lafayette Square

Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:12 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
My profile says Chocolate.
This is what I got.

tris06 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Fairmont Singapore
My profile says Chocolate.
This is what I got.

Only if they made chocolate this healthy I Would be happy. Pretty poor and be honest I bet most people get a bowl of fruit. The most boring welcome gift. A bit of thoughtful planning would not cost them much.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:23 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tris06
Only if they made chocolate this healthy I Would be happy. Pretty poor and be honest I bet most people get a bowl of fruit. The most boring welcome gift. A bit of thoughtful planning would not cost them much.
The bowl of fruits is an option too but
A) not what I selected
B) agree that it could be better presented

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.