Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:05 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt

Hi all,

Would like to know what kind of Welcome Amenities you get at various Accor hotels worldwide? Please remember to state the Hotel name, Status (Gold/Platinum), Pictures (If you have any) and were you satisfied with the amenities given.

If not satisfied, did you feedback to hotel regarding the issue and were there any actions taken to rectify or explanations given?

As Higher Tier members of Le Club, I think the initiative to share this is great as we can then establish what to expect as Amenities at various hotel brands and share it with Amy / the hotel itself to try an establish a minimum standard.

Thanks
Cocoleolol

Last edited by ContinentalVoyager7; Aug 9, 2017 at 7:12 am
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Ok, let me kick this off from my stay last week:

Hotel Name: Sofitel So Bangkok
Amenities:
- welcome drink at the lounge some unique purple concoction that I like
- welcome drink voucher good for 2 at their fantastic rooftop bar (very well known bar in Bangkok too apparently)
- in-room: selection of Thai sweets and Thai bael fruit tea that's best drunk cold; not too much but I enjoyed them (perhaps because I made my reservation under very low sale rate? ) Last year there was also a fruit platter in addition to these.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Oh just to add about Sofitel So Bangkok, the drinks (all non-alcoholic) and snacks (3 different kinds) in the mini-bar are free anyway, and replenished daily when they make up the room. So you'll have plenty to nibble and drink anyway. With the in-room welcome amenities I found all these too much sustenance for just myself
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
This thread seems redundant as the info the OP is looking for is provided ITT (cf. question: "What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?")
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:48 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I wouldn't say this thread is redundant. This can be useful, especially with pictures. There is even own thread for welcome drinks altough that information can also be found in the review thread you was referring to. But maybe a wiki list would be helpful here.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by FGunawan
Ok, let me kick this off from my stay last week:

Hotel Name: Sofitel So Bangkok
- in-room: selection of Thai sweets and Thai bael fruit tea that's best drunk cold; not too much but I enjoyed them (perhaps because I made my reservation under very low sale rate? ) Last year there was also a fruit platter in addition to these.
I have stayed at this hotel both as a silver and a platinum member and the in-room welcome gift was identical. In fact, based on TripAdvisor reviews, it seems that this hotel gives the exactly same welcome gift to each and everyone who is staying there. I like the hotel but I think that their platinum recognition is nothing very special and unique.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Most hotels I have stayed in - welcome drink ( 50% reluctant ) and sometimes bottle of water in room - Privilege rooms maybe tea / coffee and the Nespresso ( I really did not know there were so many brands and designs - Sometime at the higher brands free mini bar - The La Cour des Consuls Hotel and Spa Toulouse - provided a small 1/3 bottle of Bolly - very nice - each night free - but charged for the small bag of nuts ....
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Just a second thought : The hotel "gift" alters according to the room grade as well - so if you do not get upgraded - your "gift" is poor.

From the Palazzo Caracciolo Napoli - MGallery by Sofitel - we got a lovely cornicello - ( red horn ) and a single chocolate in a large box. Nice hotel.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:13 am

- Hotel: Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm
- Welcome gift: Three fruits (not satisfactory)

Here are a few examples (similar welcome gift received also during other stays at this hotel). These are from 12/2015, 8/2016 and 1/2017
Attached Images    
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:21 am

- Hotel: Sofitel So Bangkok
- Welcome gift: Selection of local fruits, delicacies and a bottle of super sweet tea (not really satisfied since the same welcome gift has also been received as a silver member)

Picture from 6/2017
Attached Images  
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:28 am

- Hotel: Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Welcome gift: Selection of fruits, a box of macarons and a delicacy platter (I was satisfied)

Picture from 6/2017
Attached Images  
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:32 am

- Hotel: Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort and Spa
- Welcome gift: Selection of pastries, fruits and a bottle of red wine (very satisfied)

Picture from 6/2017 and 6/2016
Attached Images   
Kewldude21 likes this.

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Aug 10, 2017 at 7:34 am Reason: Added another picture
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:05 am

- Hotel: Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom
- Welcome gift: A small selection of pastries and in addition to that sample size bottles of Hermes eau de toilette and face cream (I was satisfied)

Picture from 4/2017
Attached Images  
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Novotel London West - a small bottle of jellybeans (had to be requested)
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:28 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
- Hotel: Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16
- Status: Platinum (Bpoked 2 rooms and both rooms had different sets of amenities)
- Welcome gift: (Happily satisfied)
1st Room (Cardholder's room) - A bottle of Red Wine, Selection of Fruits and plate of Pastries (*note that there were roses in the room and I decided to decorate the plate with roses for a nicer picture)
2nd Room - A box of Macarons

(Picture from Feb 2017)
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.