Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Of course for someone like me, with a mix of Accor hotels skewed towards the ibis and Adagio brands, those spend requirements are rather more forbidding. I am far more likely to switch to an SPG brand or IHG brand than to pay the extra for a Novotel or Mercure in cities where I might previously have gone for the Ibis next door.

Then again I'll hit the nights requirement for Gold relatively easily. In this brave new world though, the reduced status points earning for ibis and Adagio properties makes a lot less sense.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
While I think this is the right step forward for the program, the dysfunctional customer service of Le Club makes me uneasy to bank all my stays with them.

I will happily accept my status till 2017 end, and stay with them when they offer the most competitive value, but will also monitor how they fare in the next 1 yr plus.

The end of Starwood (after the Marriott merger) opens up possibilities for me, but at the moment, Hilton is winning for the next main program for me, despite my unhappiness over some parts of HH, but Le Club is not doing any better for now.

I would have banked everything with Hyatt, but their footprint needs to ramp up massively.

I think Le Club Accor is something to watch out for, but really their ability to deliver their benefits and the recovery by their customer service is a huge suspect.

Finally, I hope they also ramp up the Plat benefits given that it will be earned the hard way next time, but all Plats get a taste of the better Plat treatment, so that we know what we will be missing out in future, if we do not work towards the status.
(At the moment, I must say, not that much to miss out on - but maybe great reports of Fairmont lounges + Fairmont Suite upgrades as Plat benefits may change my mind. And Breakfast for Plats, please.)
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
The indication is that general points promotions will not include bonus status points, but there's also nothing stopping them from offering specific promotions targeting status points. Whether this will happen or not, one can only hope, but they are within their rights to offer promotions on one type of points, the other type, or both types as they see fit.
Of course they can do whatever they want to do.

But we are discussing from what known now.

Last edited by lingua101; Apr 4, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:39 pm

wow seems weird to me is that a 10 euro only counts for half the points in ibis/ibis styles compared to the novotels/sofitels. i mean a euro is a euro is a euro.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
It makes perfect sense to me, since it encourages people to spend a little more cash and move to a more upmarket hotel. I've often seen Mercures and Novotels costing 10-15% more than Ibis (Styles), so with the extra points, it can be a fair value proposition.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: QF WP
Some other programs also have lower earn rates for some of their lower-end brands. It's a more price sensitive market, and the revenue per room/night would also be lower.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I must admit that I am less than happy with this. Mainly because of the poor standard of Le Club Accor customer service. Perviously it was relatively easy for me to meet the points threshold for Platinum, but mainly by playing the promotions. I stuck with Accor because of this and inspite of my poor experience with CS. For instance I have an unanswered website related ticket dating back to November 2015.

I am not sure that there will be any Status points promotions and I have very serious doubts that CS will have the ability to deal with any missing point queries in a speedy and consistent and manner. They struggle with the current system, the new one will have two types of points.

CT
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:07 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
"The whole programme seems designed by accounting committee"

http://www.thewisemarketer.com/news/...g96986dx4856zo
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
I actually wrote an angry email to my own marketing today in reply to attempts to start a project with the aim to redesign our loyalty programme (in an unrelated business), explaining how usually this is a great distraction from the actually material problems at hand.

And then I thought of LCAH...
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:58 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
Some other programs also have lower earn rates for some of their lower-end brands.
... and for many years airlines have awarded fewer than 100% of miles flown on lower fares (both redeemable and qualifying). So if Accor's accounting committee is really given free rein maybe we will have to spend all weekend in an Ibis to earn a single status 'night', or will earn double status points for Sofitel suite bookings. The possibilities are almost endless...
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
It makes perfect sense to me, since it encourages people to spend a little more cash and move to a more upmarket hotel. I've often seen Mercures and Novotels costing 10-15% more than Ibis (Styles), so with the extra points, it can be a fair value proposition.
In Asia, that's often true.

In Europen major cities, I'd guess most Mercures are about twice the price of nearby Ibis hotels, and Novotels a bit more than that. (I have found a couple of exceptions in smaller cities - The Hague for example.)
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by typical
In Asia, that's often true.

In Europen major cities, I'd guess most Mercures are about twice the price of nearby Ibis hotels, and Novotels a bit more than that. (I have found a couple of exceptions in smaller cities - The Hague for example.)
I'd say that in central London it's a 10% to 25% difference.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sarahluv
I'd say that in central London it's a 10% to 25% difference.
My direct experience of staying in accor hotels in London has been you're lucky to see a 30% difference and it's usually in the 50-80% range.

E.g. I stayed two nights ago in the ibis Styles Kensington for 57 quid. Didn't see any of the upper brands going for less than 90...
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by typical
My direct experience of staying in accor hotels in London has been you're lucky to see a 30% difference and it's usually in the 50-80% range.

E.g. I stayed two nights ago in the ibis Styles Kensington for 57 quid. Didn't see any of the upper brands going for less than 90...
kensington is a bit of an outlier
eg. tonight:

ibis Blackfriars £156
novotel waterloo £180
novotel Blackfriars £210
mercure London bridge £189
novotel city south £190
ibis styles southwark rose £176

ibis Euston £153
mercure Bloomsbury £145
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sarahluv
kensington is a bit of an outlier
eg. tonight:

ibis Blackfriars £156
novotel waterloo £180
novotel Blackfriars £210
mercure London bridge £189
novotel city south £190
ibis styles southwark rose £176

ibis Euston £153
mercure Bloomsbury £145
Sure, but still zone 1 (or just in zone 2 if the ibis "Earls Court")...

Tonight the ibis Earls Court is £81 and the ibis Styles Kensington is £90.

The Mercure Bloomsbury is admittedly coming in at £116. But that's still >40% more than the ibis Earls Court.

I do admit that if you're more tied to a particular location within central London the difference can be smaller.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.