Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Actually although they are lowering the points for Gold and Paltinum but now you are only earning 25 points per EUR 10 regardless the level you are.

As Platinum earn 44 points per EUR 10 this means you are earning 70% less toward the elite qualification points.

We may end up need to spend more?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
From today, any status level acquired during 2016 shall be valid until 31 December 2017.
That's quite nice for Plat like me reset'ing in June, I will get 18 months of Platinum.

Does that mean that I get to add up promotions/partners points from June-December 2016 and that they will still count towards Jan-Dec 2017 balance, giving me 18 months to re-qualify to Plat?

Will the Shareholder Membership (automatic gold level, used to be plat) be extended as well?

I like the soft-landing as well, can't remember if it was there before.

All-in-all, it looks exactly like the point scheme that Air France is offering with Flying Blue.
The last question would then become... "Would extra points over a specific threshold be carried over to the next year?" like Air France does.
Example: You reach the new Platinum 14K pts level with 17K and 3K get carried over to the following calendar year.

Julien

Last edited by generikz; Mar 30, 2016 at 11:18 pm
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:39 pm

I don't spend so much on accor and most of my nights are in Ibis or novotel. I seldom get access to lounge as these properties seldom have lounge in Europe. May just switch the hilton or ihg. Currently, a preference for IHG due to room upgrades and late check out for their platinum and wide choice of properties.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by generikz
That's quite nice for Plat like me reset'ing in June, I will get 18 months of Platinum.

Does that mean that I get to add up promotions/partners points from June-December 2016 and that they will still count towards Jan-Dec 2017 balance, giving me 18 months to re-qualify to Plat?
A good question. An alternative interpretation would be that status in 2018 will be determined only by points earned in 2017, and so there is no status advantage in adding further points in the remainder of 2016. Indeed, one might use that period to build status in another program.

Can anybody clarify which of these views is right, please?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by generikz
I like the soft-landing as well, can't remember if it was there before.
Where did you see the information about a soft landing?

All the site stated was that if you have Gold status for 2017, and you only earn 3000 status points by the end of 2017, you will have Silver status until the end of 2018. But that's because one will only need 2000 status points for earning Silver status.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:11 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I understand that bonus points earned with an offer or with a partner and bonus points from Places by Le Club AccorHotels aren't counted towards status. But I find it weird and unfair that status related accelerator points aren't counted towards status. That makes renewing higher level status very difficult for many if one earn only 25 points for 10 €, no matter what the status is. One need to spend much more to hotel room in the future than now. Is it so?

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Mar 31, 2016 at 1:20 am
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:42 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I understand that bonus points earned with an offer or with a partner and bonus points from Places by Le Club AccorHotels aren't counted towards status. But I find it weird and unfair that status related accelerator points aren't counted towards status. That makes renewing higher level status very difficult for many if one earn only 25 points for 10 €, no matter what the status is. One need to spend much more to hotel room in the future than now. Is it so?
No, the loss of accelerator points counting towards status is offset by the reduction in the new status thresholds. The percentage decrease on both sides has been coordinated to avoid the scenario you describe.

The required spend pre and post change ignoring bonus promotions and Places is virtually unchanged.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
One need to spend much more to hotel room in the future than now. Is it so?
Ignoring bonus points, there shouldn't be much differences. The qualifying levels is currently 2500, 10000, and 25000 respectively for each increasing tier. They will be reduced to 2000, 7000, and 14000 in the new year.

The example only demonstrates those who have achieved new tiers in 2016 will be given the status until the end of 2017. It doesn't mention what would happen to those who have renewed their current status through the course of 2016 whether they will be need to requalify for the start of 2017 or be allowed to keep the status until the end of 2017.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:51 am
cwl

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by lingua101
Actually although they are lowering the points for Gold and Paltinum but now you are only earning 25 points per EUR 10 regardless the level you are.

As Platinum earn 44 points per EUR 10 this means you are earning 70% less toward the elite qualification points.

We may end up need to spend more?
Status threshold for Platinum also drops from 25,000 to 14,000 which compensates for the drop from 44 points to 25 points.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:07 am
cwl

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
The example only demonstrates those who have achieved new tiers in 2016 will be given the status until the end of 2017. It doesn't mention what would happen to those who have renewed their current status through the course of 2016 whether they will be need to requalify for the start of 2017 or be allowed to keep the status until the end of 2017.
My understanding of the webpage is whatever status you have at 31st December 2016 (whether new or renewal) will be continue through to 31st December 2017. However everyones status earning balance will reset to zero on 31st December 2016.

As Philodemus has written one of the results of this will be once you have attained status renewal in 2016 there will be a reduced incentive to earn further points in the Accor scheme for the balance of 2016 as they will not assist in status renewal as at 31st December 2017.

The webpage gives certain informations but only sight of the full new T & C's will clarify the details.

Last edited by cwl; Mar 31, 2016 at 4:42 am
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
These changes are not shocking.
And I do appreciate that AccorHotels gives information much early before actual change (not so common in the hotel industry, where you generally learn changes at the very last minute).
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:57 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Where did you see the information about a soft landing?
You're right, I didn't see the 3K points in the example to keep the 2K Silver status.

No soft landing!

Julien
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:21 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by cwl
Status threshold for Platinum also drops from 25,000 to 14,000 which compensates for the drop from 44 points to 25 points.
so essentially no change. just bluff us....
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
I have just had a look at my account- my Plat status renewed in Feb 2016, and my account shows plat up to 31 Dec 2017, which is good.

I do like the Accor programme - upgrade / better room hit rate is around 95% and I always get drink vouchers.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dannybhoy
From 2017, is it points and nights for status qualification or is it either points or nights? E.g. for Platinum in 2017 do we have to earn 60 nights and 14000pts?
Either by points or nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.