Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel and Residences

- Name of the hotel:
Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel and Residences

Platinum

It's quite nice but too many things displeased me so this was a negative experience for me

Booked Superior Room, received Deluxe Room. This is one of the things that bugged me. The first time I stayed here early 2016 they gave me a nice spacious corner room.

- How are the rooms?
Room is serviceable with partial view of the twin Petronas towers.

Good:
* Nice location in Bukit Bintang
* You can expect Pullman level of comfort which is always nice

Bad:
* Breakfast at the main restaurant is the worst I've ever seen at a Pullman brand hotel. Breakfast at the lounge is not spectacular but it's much more serviceable.
* Room upgrade disappointed me (see above)
* Too many no's: I asked for drink voucher, it's a no (drink at the lounge instead). At Pullman Bangsar they gave me card to access sauna/steamroom without me requesting, so I asked the same thing here, another no.
* It doesn't seem they care about the honesty of taxi drivers in front of their door like many 5-star hotels do. No piece of paper for complaints about taxis from their door. It's halfway my journey when I realized that the driver had been hanging his hat to cover the meter all the time, and when I got to my destination (KL Sentral), meter showed a whopping 40 ringgits (it should have been more like 25).

Yes, and it's a nice enough lounge. Don't expect too much though. Pullman Bangsar's is nicer.

* A glass of nice sweet concoction was presented to me when checking in
* They said no to other things I asked: no drink voucher, no access to sauna (vs Pullman Bangsar)

This was my second stay here and it left me with just too many bad tastes. I was happy the first time, but I didn't have breakfast at the main restaurant then, and I didn't have too much expectations (e.g. didn't ask for drink voucher or access to sauna). As long as you're happy with a clean room and access to club lounge and don't expect anything else, you should have a good enough experience here.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
NOVOTEL London Greenwich

Name of the hotel: NOVOTEL London Greenwich

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? booked Superior room (Queen size bed + sofa bed) and received Executive room (which is the same room + extra amenities : bathrobe, slippers, nespresso machine, etc). They gave me a room at the end of the corridor above the main entrance, which is nice because you avoid the room of the other rooms. I believe it is better to not have a room on the train staion side because they seem to be noisier.

- How are the rooms? classic Novotel, in good shape.

Good:
- efficient check-in
- good compliance with LCAH (status recognition, room upgrade, drink voucher)
- quiet room
- modern and pleasant lobby

Bad:
- nothing really, apart the atrocious London prices (Ł289). This is just crazy.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks : Welcome drink was valid for soft drinks, beer and wine

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
NOVOTEL Sevilla Marqués del Nervion

Name of the hotel: NOVOTEL Sevilla Marqués del Nervion

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, but…I still don’t know what to think of what I describe below about the non-upgrade situation

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? booked Executive room (Queen size bed + sofa bed) and received that. Just before arriving at the hotel (i.e. 30 min before), I checked if there was some availabilty in upper room categories and there was junior suites available for booking. At check-in, I was very nicely welcomed and I was told I have been upgraded to an executive room ť. Ah ? Sorry but this is the category I booked !! She looked a bit puzzled and said she was sorry for the confusion and that no upgrade was possible because no upper category available (here we go again…but I decided to not push because I am very very tired of those situations and I was here for one night only). But then she said that because of the impossibility to upgrade me, they will decrease my room rate to match the lower category rate (superior room) and then technically I was upgraded. I have to say I was speechless. First time I am facing this. I still don’t know if they lied to me or not about the non-availability of the upper category. If yes, why on earth would they loose some revenue by decreasing my room rate ?? And if not, why the website mentions availability. A mystery to me !

- How are the rooms? Typical Novotel

Good:
- rooftop pool but not so nice (but it has the merit to exist when you know it was 47° when I was there !)
- late check-out granted without any problem (4 pm)
- not far from historical part of Seville
- metro at the foot of the hotel
- no real bar
- affordable rates
- French-speaking staff
- staff all nice to interact with

Bad:
- lack of room upgrade (but see above – still don’t know what to think)
- repeated problems with room keys (demagnetized)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks : as there was no real bar open, the only possibility to use the drink voucher was at the pool for soft drinks or sangria

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? yes
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Name of the hotel: NOVOTEL Melaka

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? Booked Executive. Got executive. suites were full I heard

- How are the rooms?
Good. Except that housekeeping wasn't doing a great job. For example, tables were bit sticky. But ok for a night.

Back for third time. Staff was pleasant and they acknowledged my return. Gave me lounge access. Nice lounge, but can be noisy w kids during peak season. Lifts are slow during full occupancy. Aircon a little noisy. I like it that they extend breakfast to 11 on weekends.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not bad. They now have liquor during cocktail hours. Food was soso.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks : nothing. I didn't probe as I was only there for a night and staff was over the long wkend. I was happy enough they acknowledged my return.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? For 40 usd a night. Yes.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
- Name of the hotel:
Hotel Novotel Göteborg

Platinum

It's was ok.

Booked Superior Room, received a Suite.

- How are the rooms?
Beds have the typical Novotel headboard, but it ends there. Very limited in design. No cupboards, rather just shelves covered with a curtains. Suite is a living room (with a sofa bed) + en-suite and a separate bedroom with its own en-suite as well.
No air conditioning. Windows that open up very slightly.
Try and book/ask for a room facing the water - a much better view.

Good:
* Interesting building (used to be the Carnegie Porter brewery).
* Beds were quite comfortable
* View (if you have one)
* Nice relaxing area to go for a walk

Bad:
* Location is out of town. Accessible by tram.
* Hotel is popular with weddings. Wedding receptions are held in the atrium where the reception is. When you turn up with your suitcases you do feel you are interrupting something. - navigate around wedding guests with your suitcases please.
* Not much around, so decided to have dinner in the restaurant. Turned up at 7pm and told "No reservation, No tables". Mentioned I was a hotel guest. I was told that the hotel has 151 rooms and as such they don't have space for 302 guests. So "no reservation, no table". I found that remark quite rude.

They have a waiting lounge outside the restaurant and I asked if we could have dinner there and I was told "sure". - Why didn't they offer that in the beginning.

* Breakfast on a weekend is a free for all extremely crowded. All room rates include breafast - so EVERYONE has breakfast. Weekends breakfast till 11am. Weekdays till 9:30am ("a Scandinavian thing").

* Breakfast on weekdays is a bit more limited in variety as well.
* Horrible coffee.

No lounge

* Given two vouchers when I asked for it. - didnt use them

* No welcome gifts etc

* nothing in the room was stamped Novotel. Bathrobes, slippers, bath items - nothing.

Didn't really like Gothenburg. This was a "we have seen Stockholm, so why not go through Gothenburg this time". In future we will just stick to ARN.

NOTE: Hotel will be managed by Best Western starting 2017.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat. IHG Plat, SL Jade
- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel London Heathrow
Platinum
yes

Classic room queen bed
- How are the rooms?
Good
Good:
-Check-in bit slow, but being an airport hotel it's going to be busy, so I was expecting it
-No platinum recognition, no upgrade or mention of it.
Yes, but did not use
Forgot if I got drink vouchers as I didn't bother going to club lounge
Hard to say. If all you need is a decent/good bed, then there are other options around the airport. Also depends on which terminal you fly into/out of. However, if I had to do another overnight stopover at LHR, I would pick another hotel at the airport if close by and cheaper.

Last edited by ninjatim; Sep 19, 2016 at 12:21 am
Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:46 pm

- Name of the hotel:
Hotel Carlton Lyon - Mgallery
Platinum
Yes
Cozy room, no upgrade, only given a room with view of the plaza/square which was quite a nice view imo.
- How are the rooms?
Good, spavious
Toilet was compeltely separate from the bathroom and on the other side of the bed with no wash basin. So if you needed to go toilet in middle of the night you'd have to walk around the bed to bathroom to wash your hands. Very annoying.w
Good:
-location, centre of town and next to lots of shops and the plaza, balcony with chairs and table that you can sit on.
Bad:
-Breakfast not included and found out the hard way. We were told breakfast is on the first floor between 7-10am or something and from that we assumed breakfast was included as part of room rate or platinum status. On check out we were told we had to pay for each morning of breakfast. Questioned this and told receptionist upon check in we weren't told it was pay per use so it was waived as he said it wasn't clear on our reservation.
No club lounge, only a bar
Given 2 sets of vouchers, 1 for being platinum and 1 for our room rate (chic aperitif). The chic aperitif voucher allowed for 1 side dish of foie gras or etc. We were given sardines in a can, which looked like cat food. However it was quite nice.
Yes I would, or might try the Sofitel next time.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:20 am

- Name of the hotel:
Hotel Continental Zurich - Mgallery by sofitel
Platinum
No!
Urban swisse superior king
- How are the rooms?
Decent, quite dated.
Good:
-location, 10min walk from bahnhofstrasse (main shopping street) and train station
Bad:
-no bell boy seen once during my stay. Had to carry luggage from taxi through the broken revolving door. Then when the room was ready, had to lug our luggage to the room ourselves.
-The nespresso machine was not cleaned from previous guest. There was still lots of coffee ground where the capsule goes and the water container had grime in the hole which connects it to the machine. Very disgusting.
-As with this hotel, toilet was separate from bathroom and also the shower and bathtub were separate in the bathroom. Very weird setup, but not that bad compared to my previous stay at Lyon hotel.
-Check in receptionist seemed cold.
-No platinum recognition, no upgrade or mention of it. Was told it was fully booked and it was only then she remembered to give drinks voucher. I don't think I'm going to bother with Accor in europe again, maybe try it in France, but the recognition is terrible/non-existent from my experience on this europe trip. Maybe because there is a lot more platinum members in europe, but I had much better service in Asia and better recognition.
No lounge.
1 voucher for 2 people. Beers, wines and soft drink.
Definitely not.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by ninjatim
- Name of the hotel:
Hotel Carlton Lyon - Mgallery
Platinum
Yes
Cozy room, no upgrade, only given a room with view of the plaza/square which was quite a nice view imo.
- How are the rooms?
Good, spavious
Toilet was compeltely separate from the bathroom and on the other side of the bed with no wash basin. So if you needed to go toilet in middle of the night you'd have to walk around the bed to bathroom to wash your hands. Very annoying.w
Good:
-location, centre of town and next to lots of shops and the plaza, balcony with chairs and table that you can sit on.
Bad:
-Breakfast not included and found out the hard way. We were told breakfast is on the first floor between 7-10am or something and from that we assumed breakfast was included as part of room rate or platinum status. On check out we were told we had to pay for each morning of breakfast. Questioned this and told receptionist upon check in we weren't told it was pay per use so it was waived as he said it wasn't clear on our reservation.

No club lounge, only a bar
Given 2 sets of vouchers, 1 for being platinum and 1 for our room rate (chic aperitif). The chic aperitif voucher allowed for 1 side dish of foie gras or etc. We were given sardines in a can, which looked like cat food. However it was quite nice.
Yes I would, or might try the Sofitel next time.
Reading you, I don't understand how you can answer yes to the question "were you happy with the hotel stay ?". And : Sardines in a can for the chic apéritif offer ?

Originally Posted by ninjatim
- Name of the hotel:
Hotel Continental Zurich - Mgallery by sofitel

I don't think I'm going to bother with Accor in europe again, maybe try it in France, but the recognition is terrible/non-existent from my experience on this europe trip. Maybe because there is a lot more platinum members in europe, but I had much better service in Asia and better recognition.
Status recognition is indeed often miserable in Europe and particularly in France
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:09 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The experience at the McGallery in Zurich is the opposite of mine where they upgraded me without even having to ask (same with the drink voucher) and gave me some chocolates every day. I guess the experience of ninjatim shows the problem of Accor staff inconsistency.
As for the lack of bell boy, except in 5 stars hotel (Sofitel, Four Seasons, ...) I think I never saw one in a european hotel.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Fantastic Sydney Airport Stay

Pullman Sydney Airport

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Pullman Sydney Airport

191 O'Riordan Street Mascot, NSW AU 2020

Fantastic Sydney Airport Stay (0 Photo)

Pullman Sydney Airport

Name of the hotel: Pullman Sydney Airport

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Extremely

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, Olivia and Jae really extended the Accor Pullman welcome when we visited the lounge on the first night and for breakfast Sunday morning. The lounge is located on the 1st floor overlooking the street, it was well presented but not much atmosphere apart from that created by ourselves.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Yes, but not used, a bottle of bubbles and chocolates (both my Guests and I were very impressed!).

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? We purchased 2 rooms during a 48hr sale for 2 nights and only paid $148 per room per night – no complaints at all, this is now our preferred Sydney transit hotel.

Room

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? 2 x Superior Rooms with 2 Double Size Beds upgraded to the same rooms on the Executive Levels.

How are the rooms? Fantastic, housekeeping did a fantastic job

Service

What was good and what was bad?
Good: From pulling up and being greeted by John like a regular, to the efficient and friendly check-in and check-out our stay could not have been better. The connecting rooms on level 10 were very well presented.

Bad: Nothing

At first it seemed strange to be checking into an Airport Hotel for a weekend break, however we found it really convenient to Mascot train station which delivered us straight into Circular Quay without having to drive through Sydney traffic and find and pay for parking. Will defiantly consider staying for a weekend break again. The Hotel even discounted our parking, 2 cars for 2 days $20pd.

Fantastic Sydney Airport Stay

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Sydney Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Sofitel Macau at Pointe 16

Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Rua Do Visconde Paco De Arcos Macau, MO

Sofitel Macau at Pointe 16 (0 Photo)

Check In

A front desk agent approched me and I asked for exec lounge check in , she smilingly escorted me to the elevator and sent me to the exec floor. Good first impression. The main lobby has a floral theme in decor and not too busy for a casino hotel.

Room

Room was comfortable. There was a welcome letter and a bottle of Chablis in ice bucket waiting in the room and a box of truffles chocolate. 

Good thing they still use Hermes bath amenities, and upon inquiry, they also stock the L' Occitane amenities which I prefer and was promptly sent up though they do restrict the number of bottles given. The same restriction goes to bottled water which is a little annoying. 

Room offers the view of the wharf and the small

Service

Service at the lounge was generally warm as most of the staff are Filipinos. I do find them more hospitality-minded of the Asians. The lounge offers a view of the "old quarters" of Macau. Food offering was adequate at evening canape time. They also offer cocktails mixed to o

Dining

Only had the breakfast at the main restaurant and evening canapes at the lounge. Breakfast was ok, not as extensive as some Sofitels in Asia like Bangkok Sukhumvit, Bali, Manila etc. As mentioned, evening canapes were adequ

Quite a nice location if one doesn't want to be in Cotai Strip. Walkable to main attractions like Rua de Sao Paolo (Ruins of St. Paul's) and its surrounding. 

They provide shuttle bus from the main pier at Macau island, from there one can take other casion hotels' shuttles. I made use of this to travel to the Venetian etc.

Overall

A nice Sofitel whcertianly lives up to the name and standards of the Sofitel brand. 

Sofitel Macau at Pointe 16

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Beijing South

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior, received Executive

- How are the rooms? Spacious. Very large bathroom.

Good: Excellent staff, great room rate

Bad: Far from downtown. Restaurant expensive for the area.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Nice Lounge which was very good for breakfast, with western and Chinese offering. Also made-to-order omelette station. 6.00 - 9.30 PM 'happy hour' with beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks. Also varied western and Chinese dishes. Easily enough for a full meal. I visited the lounge several times during my stay and it was never more than 10% full.

Voucher for tea, coffee or fruit juice.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Excellent value. I will return
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:28 am
Suspended

- Name of the hotel: Royal Beach Seminyak Mgallery

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior, received Deluxe

- How are the rooms? A bit outdated but overall pretty ok

Good: great statut recognition. Upgraded without asking. 10% discount of food and beverage for leclub Member (not sure if for all level). Welcome Drink vouchers. Special bracelet received allowing staff to recognize member and treat them well (not really usefull) + other gifts
Great breakfast

Bad: nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Na

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? See Good part of my comment

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Great value I will be back for sure
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Reading you, I don't understand how you can answer yes to the question "were you happy with the hotel stay ?"
Well compared to the other 2 hotels, this one in Lyon was the best of the 3.
The staff were nice and helpful; they even had a bellboy :O and he was super helpful and did a lot around the lobby. The receptionist at the end was good enough to waive the breakfast fee, but I chalked that incident to miscommunication at the start regarding breakfast.

And : Sardines in a can for the chic apéritif offer ?
I didn't like it my the missus did. We were both looking forward to some foie gras, which was what the receptionist told use we would be getting when we checked in.

Originally Posted by fransknorge
The experience at the McGallery in Zurich is the opposite of mine where they upgraded me without even having to ask (same with the drink voucher) and gave me some chocolates every day. I guess the experience of ninjatim shows the problem of Accor staff inconsistency.
As for the lack of bell boy, except in 5 stars hotel (Sofitel, Four Seasons, ...) I think I never saw one in a european hotel.
Yeah, must be bad luck ending up with this certain staff member. Aww I didn't see any chocolates during our stay in our room.
The bartenders were really nice and friendly when we went to get our free drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.