Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Mercure Düsseldorf City Center

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Düsseldorf City Center

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Neutral

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 3 "Privilege Rooms", received one Privilege Room and 4 standaard one bed rooms. Two rooms were downgraded because the hotel was sold out.

Not happy with this, booked months in advance. Front desk offered free breakfast for 4 guests and 4 extra drink vouchers. After an email to the GM they offered € 40,00. Solution is ok.

- How are the rooms? The Privilege Room was pretty large. Little bit old.

Good:
- Gold recognition, a fruit plate was already in the room;
- Free Minibar in the privilege room.

Bad:
- No upgrade;
- Downgrade, no email in advance (bad revenue management)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Fruit plate (and some cookies) in room. Drink vouchers for all 6 guests.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Not sure, don't like hotel managers who don't care about emailing before downgrading.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:31 am

@jongesander :
They downgraded Elite member and didn't offer partial refund for downgraded rooms, really ?
What a 'GREAT' hospitality
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:47 am

- Name of the hotel: The Kuta Beach Heritage Bali

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Average stay with several downsides

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Junior Suite, upgraded to Deluxe Suite

- How are the rooms? Deluxe Suite room really big with spacious living room and big bathtub. Facing directly to ocean, great view. Nespresso machine avail. The furnitures are modern.

Good:
- Big and modern room
- Benefits given automatically
- Welcome drink voucher good for cocktail, juice and water
- Nice view from the pool

Bad:
- Water pressure quite weak
- Breakfast is not tasty. They need to improve it A LOT
- Found fish bone in my Fish&Chip meal during dinner in hotel restaurant
- Room soundproofing need major fix

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Key chain with hotel name embossed, fruit plate, welcome letter from GM

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No. I prefer stay on Nusa Dua to Kuta area for my future visit.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:10 am

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Bali Benoa

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Happy for first night, but disaster for 2nd night as we couldn't sleep because a gecko decided to give us a free performance for a whole night.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Beach Cabana, upgraded to Pool Villa with additional money (negotiate with FO staff)

- How are the rooms?
Run down version of MGallery Amarterra Nusa Dua pool villa.
The villa has decent mini pool and great jacuzzi at bathroom.
A gecko and several bugs has free access to our room because there is a gap between roof and door.

Good:
- Get a good deal for upgrade to pool villa
- Late check out given to 3 p.m
- Welcome drink voucher good for cocktail, juice and water
- Good lunch in Cocos restaurant
- Kecak dance during buffet dinner

Bad:
- Why most Accor properties in Indonesia can't make a decent meal ?
- Breakfast and buffet dinner has really low standart.
- 'Gecko LIVE CONCERT'

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 2, welcome cake, fruit plate, spa voucher for Platinum member worth $20

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Maybe. After they make that gecko behaved.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:26 am

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Happy 100%

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Luxury Room Plunge pool, upgraded to Pool Access room

- How are the rooms? Our favorite room. Pool access room gave different vibe than other room.

Good:
- Executive lounge
- This time they gave us room upgrade automatically
- Sunday brunch at CCC is really good, you must try it
- Better treatment to Platinum member

Bad:
- Late check out given only to 12 p.m (Check out time is 11:30 a.m)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Excellent lounge with superb service.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Sweet and fruit plate, a bottle of wine, welcome letter from GM

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Big YES!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm

They won't give Platinum members the lounge access as it's always full. It's not worth staying here if you expect their recognition of your status.

I think the accor allows Sofitel's (and all the other brands) to do this, you would never get lounge access.

I stayed at several 4 & 5 star hotels in Berlin, this Sofitel is the worst hotel IMHO.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:23 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Name of the hotel: Mercure Singapore Bugis (2nd stay)

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very happy!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard loft room and received an upgrade to Executive Loft room

How are the rooms?
Well, as this was my second stay, I requested for a specific corner room (611) as the room felt bigger and the toilet was a separate toilet with a view (see full review at Hotel thread this weekend). The room was far spacious compared to the standard loft with a queen bed and sofa bed.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- I got my requested room.
- The lounge now offered some light snacks throughout the day.
- Lounge staff were amazing and one of the best I have met TBH.
- Buffet breakfast was improved slightly since my last stay.

Bad:
- Still the buffet breakfast can be improved.

Did you get club lounge access? Yes

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? House-pour wine, soft drinks, etc.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, the hotel is so much better than Novotel CK and Grand Mercure Roxy in terms of location, value for money and service. Would definitely recommend
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:42 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Novotel Canberra

Novotel Canberra

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum at the time of this stay (five nights in December 2016).

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
It was okay. This was our first time in Canberra. The Novotel's location worked for us, but we wouldn't choose this property again.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
We booked a king room with balcony and got exactly that, on the noisier side of the hotel (see below) with evening sun.

How are the rooms?
On the tired side. Furniture was scratched and one drawer broken. The bathroom (shower and WC) was fresh and had been completely retiled fairly recently, but the shower floor didn't slope correctly so only drained partially. The room layout was new to me, but an internet search shows something similar at the Novotel Christchurch, so I'm guessing it was Novotel's standard design at one time and some here will be familiar with it. The wash basin is in the entry area and forms part of a furniture unit that includes the mini-fridge. Above the basin is a mirror that swivels out from the wall when needed.

Good:
Location. Decent breakfast buffet. Friendly reception, bar and breakfast staff.

Bad:
Our balcony was a joke. It was located at the rear of the building, directly above a coach station. So just opening the door is enough to fill the room with the sounds of air brakes, engines and beeping whenever a bus reverses out. If you try actually sitting outside you can add the scent of exhaust fumes to that mix.

Housekeeping was patchy. Some of what they did was quite unnecessary: replacing towels that we'd deliberately left hanging, or removing shampoo and shower gel tubes that were still half full. On the other hand they didn't wipe the mirror once during our stay.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
We were given two drink vouchers, which we redeemed for beers in the bar. A welcome note was waiting in our room with a rather strange amenity: three teabags and an apple.

Value for money? Would you return?
Okay. No.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:30 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
. A welcome note was waiting in our room with a rather strange amenity: three teabags and an apple.
I understand from gilbertaue an apple is a popular Australian elite amenity Tea bags are new to me.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
I understand from gilbertaue an apple is a popular Australian elite amenity Tea bags are new to me.
LOL. They found whatever they can assemble as a welcome amenity
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:05 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Well, you know what the dentist says right... 😆

Incidentally I was in Canberra three weeks ago and was going to book this property. Turns out the rate for a normal room was 700+/night!!!
I was told that was the rate on days where Parliament is sitting. Geeeez!

Ended up staying at a serviced apartment.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:04 am
Suspended

Novotel Barcelona City

Platinum

Yes

Booked a superior room, upgrade to superiour room with city view

How are the rooms?
Correct, big enough. My GF and I are fit, but the bed may be a little small for two larger persons. The room is overall Ok.

Good:
Location, quick check-in, nice rooftop bar, the fitness room looks good

Bad:
Maybe the bed can be upgraded

Two drink vouchers for the rooftop bar (beer and wine). Received a chocolate gift made from a "Master Chocolatier"

I will try the Pullman next time to compare, but this one is worth it
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:17 am
Suspended

Sofitel New York

Platinum

No

Booked a classic room floor (15-29), no upgrade, the hotel was full the first day of my stay

How are the rooms?
The room is correct. A bit outdated should be refurbished.

Good:
Bad:
- No statut recognition, as I said I booked a 15-29 floor room and received a 17th floor room. I can understand that upgrade depends on availability, but if I booked a high floor room, it is not to be "that high"
- the restaurant is a joke:
First day, we ordered a raspberry desert. the raspberry were frozen, so the restaurant uses frozen fruits, great, I can understand shortage in supply chain on fresh fruits, but you can't decently serve something with fruits hard like a rock. We asked the waiter if it was normal, he appologized and brought us a new one which was almost half of the size of the first we had... Great
Second day, we were on a remote part of the restaurant, we had to fetch the waiter 3 times (to have the menu, to order and for the check), great service
- the fitness room is really poor for a Sofitel

We received 4 welcome drinks (maybe they realised to late they messed up with our room) They can be use for champagne, which is not common, good point (Veuve Clicquot only)

No
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:24 am
Suspended

Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

Platinum

Yes

Booked a luxury room and received a Presitige Suite

How are the rooms?
The room was amazing, great view on Chicago as it is on an corner of the building, Hermes amenities... lot of space (that we did not use )

Good:
Everything was perfect. Location, service, the hotel is very nice and modern

Bad:
Nothing (we only stayed one night with a late arrival and an early departure, did not had the chance to try their restaurants or the fitness room)

We received 2 welcome drinks. They can be use for wine, beer and champagne either Veuve Clicquot or Moet.

Yes
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: UA MP Plat MM, *G;Global Entry; Hertz, Budget; Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside (Kuala Lumpur)

Sitting in the Executive Lounge..

membership Status: Platinum

told I can access the lounge, and get a drink but no food in the pm

Asked if they have free breakfast for Plat in the lounge (apparently not in the restaurant!),: She will have to ask.

[Edit: never got back to me. Next morning I am told no free breakfast at all for Platinum. Also parking is pad RM12.00/night ]

That leaves 'lounge access' and 'guaranteed room availability' and 'room upgrade ' as the only perks for plats. For snacks in the lounge one has to apparently book (or be upgraded to) the appropriate room category, which I was not

So far the most un-plat friendly I have seen (yes, 1x drinks coupon was given readily and [unlike Pullman Bangsar] also works for Alcoholic drinks)

The best KL Pullman is the KL City Centre, where you can use yoru coupons both at the bar on 2nd as well as at the pool, and you can get free breakfast at both the executive lounge as well as at the ground floor. They also give free laundry (3pcs) per pax/day (cannot be accumulated).

And the lounge has snacks in the pm, unlike here...

Last edited by matjes; Dec 29, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.