Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:25 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Welcome, drifterSE. May your helpful review be the first of many posts.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Novotel Lyon Part Dieu

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior, at first received superior, then I asked if an upgrade was possible and was then grudgingly given an exec or junior suite. I'm not sure, but it was large enough and came with a free mini-bar.

- How are the rooms?
One great thing about most French Novotels is the inner door. It makes a great sound lock so you are not disturbed by noise in the hallway. My room was across from the elevator and I didn't hear a peep. I wish other hotels rooms had this feature. Even so called luxury hotels.

Good:
Great location next to the train station.
Very good restaurant with excellent service.

Bad:
Nothing.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drink voucher given automatically. Used it for a nice glass of Port.

- Value for € or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes I stay here often before flights.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: Le Club Accor Gold
Novotel Porto Gaia

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard Room, got a Superior Room

- How are the rooms?The rooms are spacious and the bathroom has recently been renovated, however the hotel is not new, and it shows.

Good: Restful hotel with variety of products at breakfast.
Bad: Nothing really

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? The normal drink voucher (in this case for 2 persons), fruit (banana, apple, plum and kiwi) and a water bottle in the room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, it's a good alternative to visit the city of Porto for those with car.[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Bristol Centre

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was better than my last stay.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room, upgraded to an Executive Room.

- How are the rooms? The rooms were a decent size - comfortable bed (although the mattress was on the firm side), Nespresso machine, large television, my room had a bath and a separate shower. The bathroom was a little worn but clean.

Good:
Reception staff were friendly. The room was comfortable and quiet. Location is good - 10 minutes walk from the city centre and 10 minutes from Templemeads train station. The evening meal I had was good - expensive (as is usually the case) but the staff were excellent.

Bad: The breakfast was a bit of a let down this time. The continental breakfast the choice was not great (cold cuts looked like they'd been out for some time) and the pancake machine was either switched off or out of order. I got down to the restaurant 30 minutes before the end of service and even though the room wasn't busy the staff seemed distracted and bad tempered - hot food items weren't replenished, white bread wasn't replenished, I had to ask for a clean glass for the fruit juice and the coffee I was offered never showed up despite my asking about it twice.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drinks voucher given to me on check in without my having to ask (unlike last time) and I exchanged it for a bottle of beer. Executive rooms come with a complementary bottle of still and sparkling water.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I hadn't planned to stay here again as I'd wanted to try one of the Mercures closer to the city centre, but in the end the corporate travel agent put me here as it was cheaper. It's perfectly okay - I had a better experience than last time, but I think the breakfast service does let it down.

1F
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BrunoLima
- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard Room, got a Superior Room

- How are the rooms?The rooms are spacious and the bathroom has recently been renovated, however the hotel is not new, and it shows.

Good: Restful hotel with variety of products at breakfast.
Bad: Nothing really

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? The normal drink voucher (in this case for 2 persons), fruit (banana, apple, plum and kiwi) and a water bottle in the room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, it's a good alternative to visit the city of Porto for those with car.
welcome to FT BrunoLima
thank you for your review and good to know about this hotel, as the Mercure downtown is really a dump. Where is the Novotel located ?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
welcome to FT BrunoLima
thank you for your review and good to know about this hotel, as the Mercure downtown is really a dump. Where is the Novotel located ?
This hotel is not in Porto but in the other side of the Douro river in Gaia. In the same place there is also an ibis and ibis budget. The location is not the best but for those who own a car (parking is free) is a good alternative to the high prices currently in Porto. Since the hotel is easy to access the cellars of Porto wine.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Ikaz
Quite a different experience from stuart_f of a different Novotel on London reviewed above
Glad to hear of the Paddington option but I'm off to go and search for Goldorak's stay to see what made this hotel make the no stay list!

To be fair to Novotel London West:

I said I doubt they would send me the customer satisfaction survey - they did.

I said I doubt anyone would care about my complaint - the jury's out.

I posted the same review I posted here to Trip advisor and made a formal complaint using the Accor website. The guest relation manager responded to my trip advisor review saying he had contacted me personally. The only problem with that is that I received nothing from anyone at Accor at all, no email, no phone call, no text, no notice in my account: nothing. To date, nobody has followed up on the formal complaint via the website.

I re-contacted the hotel asking for the Guest relation manager to resend the email that I had supposedly received. The following day I did receive an email, offering what I consider to be a reasonable service recovery and promising to follow up on the issues highlighted in my review.

The points offered are in my account today.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stuart_f
Glad to hear of the Paddington option but I'm off to go and search for Goldorak's stay to see what made this hotel make the no stay list!
here it is !
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24077843-post317.html
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by stimpy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior, at first received superior, then I asked if an upgrade was possible and was then grudgingly given an exec or junior suite.
I have stayed many times at this Novotel but I was never upgraded (and I know I am not the only one). Last time I wasn't given an upgrade even after I showed the receptionist there were executive room available (He kept telling me I had to pays for it, and so did the GM...).
I prefer the mercure Part-Dieu which is just opposite of the station and where I feel welcome.

Last edited by nrouxel; Nov 9, 2016 at 1:20 am
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by nrouxel
I have stage many times at this Novotel but I was never upgraded (and I know I am not the only one). Last time I wasn't given an upgrade even after I showed the receptionist there were executive room available (He kept telling me I had to pays for it, and so did the GM...).
I prefer the mercure Part-Dieu which is just opposite of the station and where I feel welcome.
Same experience for me. I concluded that they don't care at all about LCAH at the Novotel. Happy to see that Stimpy has been well treated
Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Happy to see that Stimpy has been well treated
I remember that Stimpy had been upgraded before at Novotel Part-Dieu (post your le Club elite experiences 2015).
I think he is the one who have the only "Novotel Part-Dieu Diamond card". 😉
Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I remember that Stimpy had been upgraded before at Novotel Part-Dieu (post your le Club elite experiences 2015).
I think he is the one who have the only "Novotel Part-Dieu Diamond card". ��
Hah. Perhaps it is because I checked in after 8pm and it was a night shift person who knew he probably wasn't going to sell that room anyways. He said "I only have one room that I could upgrade you to, but it is next to the elevator" like he hoped I would refuse it. Instead I accepted and the room was perfectly fine. BTW it was room 208. Twice as large as a normal room per the fire chart.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Bristol Centre

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was better than my last stay.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room, upgraded to an Executive Room.

- How are the rooms? The rooms were a decent size - comfortable bed (although the mattress was on the firm side), Nespresso machine, large television, my room had a bath and a separate shower. The bathroom was a little worn but clean.

Good:
Reception staff were friendly. The room was comfortable and quiet. Location is good - 10 minutes walk from the city centre and 10 minutes from Templemeads train station. The evening meal I had was good - expensive (as is usually the case) but the staff were excellent.

Bad: The breakfast was a bit of a let down this time. The continental breakfast the choice was not great (cold cuts looked like they'd been out for some time) and the pancake machine was either switched off or out of order. I got down to the restaurant 30 minutes before the end of service and even though the room wasn't busy the staff seemed distracted and bad tempered - hot food items weren't replenished, white bread wasn't replenished, I had to ask for a clean glass for the fruit juice and the coffee I was offered never showed up despite my asking about it twice.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drinks voucher given to me on check in without my having to ask (unlike last time) and I exchanged it for a bottle of beer. Executive rooms come with a complementary bottle of still and sparkling water.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I hadn't planned to stay here again as I'd wanted to try one of the Mercures closer to the city centre, but in the end the corporate travel agent put me here as it was cheaper. It's perfectly okay - I had a better experience than last time, but I think the breakfast service does let it down.

1F

I stayed here last Monday. No upgrade for me. Agree about the excellent staff. I definately had a a better breakfast experience than you. Everything fresh and topped-up.

Saying that, I do prefer the Mercure just over the river and will chose that next time.

CT
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Name of the hotel: Mercure Nelspruit (South Africa)
Olivedel (gold member) and I were staying at the same time in this hotel and our experience is the same with our two rooms.

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Booked junior suite 2 single beds (because no double beds were proposed). At check-in they asked me if I would prefer a double bed and I said yes of course. When I asked whether they gave me an upgrade, the answer was yes. But the room given was clearly the category I booked. So now, be aware that a double bed vs 2 single beds is considered as an upgrade...no comments

- How are the rooms? Large but tired. The walls have molds (see pictures below). The junior suite includes a sofa and a kitchen. The bathroom has both a shower and a bath tub.

Good:
- large rooms and the bed was very comfortable
- Nice staff at front desk
- Swimming pool

Bad:
- Rooms are starting to be in very average to poor conditions. See pictures below.
- no towels were available for the pool (they were out of stock of clean ones)
- Wifi : uncredible. As explained by Olivedel in a separate thread, free wifi is limited to 250 Mo. For more you need to pay, and a very substantial amount, especially for ZA (50 ZAR, about €3.5 per hour !!). In order for you to realize how poor this is for 250 Mo, after 15-20 min of Flyertalk browsing, you're done and your connection is interrupted. Olivedel asked the front desk to have a voucher, as free internet is a LCAH benefit, but the 1st answer was negative. I went to ask again some time later and after some arguments, they printed us some vouchers with an individual access code, but those were denied by the system. They gave us some other ones, but same response. We finally gave up, but this is clearly unacceptable and miserable
- Even if you sit at the bar for 15min, the bar tender is not asking you for your order unless you call him specifically.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks : welcome drink was given spontaneously and was valid for wine, beer, soft drinks, etc
No VIP treatment or welcome gift of any kind. Not even a bottle of water, which is quite surprising in a place where tap water is not drinkable.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? no
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Thanks for the mini review Goldorak but yuck, what a dump!
update : after having filled the satisfaction survey, I just received an apologetic e-mail from the GM saying they will refund me 100% of the bill ^
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:12 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Bowden Hall, Gloucester

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Superior room booked and received. No room category above room booked.

- How are the rooms? Superior room was large (probably 3 times size of classic room) but had same size and quantity of furniture. Room appeared bare.

Good: Main public areas recently refurbished.
Large room with nice view.
Staff friendly and eager to please

Bad: None refurbished areas are dated with a mix of uncoordinated styles.
Room furniture not in keeping with size of room.
Some staff lacking in training.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 2 (house wine, beer, soft drinks). No welcome amenity of VIP treatment other than a "Thank you for your loyalty" at checkin.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Would stay again if convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.