Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Name of the hotel: Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum (at the time, but alas, no longer )

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked luxury room, received Junior suite (pro-actively confirmed at check-in)

- How are the rooms? Junior suite was ample (c.55 sq m) Large king size bed, small dining table with four chairs, sofa / lounger. Bathroom was very spacious, with a tub and separate rainshower. Walk-in wardrobe area, which also houses mini-bar and luggage rack. Toilet separate. Room was in very good condition - and very clean. Lighting around the room was good, albeit a little fiddly

Good: Location. Just outside the centre (short walking distance), bus stops on either side of the road literally outside the hotel (served by direct Airport Bus no.29)

Breakfast - a fantastic, high quality spread on offer every day, alongside cooked-to-order hot items. Fabulous views of the Petrusse Valley and the city from the breakfast room on the eighth floor

Kitchen - chef has to be commended for ingenuity. We ordered room service one night, but didn't fancy anything on the menu. Explained broadly what we would like (vegetables, chicken, very spicy flavours) - and 20 minutes later there was an excellent set of dishes bought to our room!

Staff - every member we interacted with, from front desk and concierge, to room service and the team at breakfast - were so genuinely friendly and willing to help and engage. Their attitude made a real difference to the whole stay - and they really made our little one feel special

Bad: The toilet in the junior suite is separate from the bathroom (next to the entrance) - but did not have a washbasin

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher for all guests. Complimentary box of chocolates and small gift for the little one

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return ? Definitely. Booked in June during the super sale; rate (inc. breakfast) - c.$180 / night. In my view this was very good value for money considering the experience we had. Hats off to the GM and his team - they are doing a great job. Highly recommended.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Miri Waterfront

- What is your Le Club status? Silver

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? booked standard room (lower levels), non smoking. received club level room, king bed, city view non smoking at 23th floor (club floor from 21-24th with the lounge on 24th)

- How are the rooms? one of the largest standard sized room for city hotel in this town (48 m2). Bathroom with a view. Sea/river view is probably better but then the city/hill/sea view on the opposite side is also good at the higher floors. The mini bar was emptied though...but if want anything just call room service.

- What was good and what was bad? Newly opened in April 2016. The only international chain hotel that is located strategically in town. Very friendly & polite service from all the staffs.

Good: Strategic location, good views, large room, very quiet & private..almost resort like atmosphere during the weekdays. Comfortable bed & pillows. Cool & quiet air cond. Weekend might be a bit busy since the locals & Bruneians like having their staycation at this hotel. Evening turndown service on club floor. Considerably cheap laundry charges for star hotels.

Bad: Generic toiletries. No CO Bigelow even on the club floor (not as advertised). Limited coffee/tea (only 2 sachet of Lipton tea & 2 stick of normal Nescafe) some sugar & creamer...just like the rest of no brand name hotels throughout Sarawak. Room not so soundproof.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Technically i cannot get the lounge access although my room is on the club floor. Since my key card granted me access to the lounge level I did asked the lounge attendant for permission to have a quick look. I'm not intended to consume anything from the lounge though. The lounge attendant was kind enough to let me have the evening canapes & a drink (due to im quite regular at that property since opening, and perhaps i'm booking on my corporate rate). Weird thing since that im booking corp rate through Accor website so no breakfast included, but if i booked by phone or walked in then breakfast is included. Wont missed the breakfast though because last time i tried it was poor imo...

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? No drink voucher given to me. It's ok i didn't get the welcome drink, the fact that i can have my room at 8.30am was even better!

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, of course! will be returning this Sunday for a 3 nights stay
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:18 am

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Manila

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 2 x Superior rooms and received 2 x executive rooms. In reality there was little difference in the actual room themselves and as plat lounge access was already granted.

- How are the rooms? Excellent. This is a new hotel and everything is close to pristine, although I do wonder how well the furnishings will wear.

Good: Really nice welcome which was very much appreciated after a long journey. Upgrade, nice lounge, nice pool area, nice childrens play area (next to lounge).

Bad: no bad points.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? The lounge is excellent. Very attentive staff and nothing is too much of a bother. Had breakfast in the main restaurant most mornings but the one occasion we visited the lounge instead it was comparable in quality if not in the range of items. Although the lounge is new they have had a flood and in places the wood flooring has bulged and badly warped and needs replacing. Very hard to find fault overall with the lounge!

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? We received a fruit basket and welcome drinks (which we never actually got around to using thanks to the lounge).

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Excellent value. A little too far from the airport for a one night stop over but I've and already booked a return visit for November (at the expense of the Sofitel/Conrad).
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:39 am

Name of the hotel: Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Booked premier executive room
and no upgrade was given.

- How are the rooms?
The thing about Novotel Gangnam is that the executive rooms are exactly the same size as the standard room. However the floors 14~17 were refurbished a while ago so the floors are very clean and nice. The rooms are well decorated and cozy, but nothing real special. There was a touch screen panel on the phone which allowed you to control the A/C, rooms, bathroom curtains, phone, etc. so that was pretty cool and convenient.

Good:
- Last time I booked a standard room and was upgraded to executive room even though I was only silver. So I was hoping this time that maybe I'll get upgraded to Suite. However all the suites were full so bye bye.
- Staff were very friendly
- The manager came out and greeted me for being a Platinum member and guided me to my room personally.
- Location. (10 minute walk to the center of Gangnam).

Bad:
- The executive rooms were relatively small.
- The 1st floor restaurant is undergoing renovation.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
- Yes, there's a lounge and was able to use it during happy hour. Didn't have a wide range of food, but had enough. Around 4~5 hot plates, fruits, bread, salmon salad, and a choice of several beers, white & red wine as well as some whiskey.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :
- was given two welcome drink vouchers (coffee, tea, soft drink or beer).
- was given a plate of chocolates, fruits and cookies in my room.
- the executive room has some drinks in the fridge which are all free.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? yes
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:17 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
- Name of the hotel: Novotal Warsawa Centrum

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? booked standard room and received that, on mid-level (19th floor). Due to some event the hotel was fully booked so no upgrade possible.

- How are the rooms? They are rather old, but functional and comfortable enough. Based on some of the posters some rooms are being refurnished. Great view of the city.

Good: Good location in Warsaw. Good management of the breakfast buffet despite the 100% occupancy. Omelette station at breakfast.
When taking the room and every day after cleaning, the cleaning staff member leaves a feedback card with her/his name on it.

Bad: The room was not soundproof enough, I could hear some festival music from Centralna. The restaurant menu is very bland.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drink voucher for any drink, premium internet voucher, bottle of water in the room, welcome chocolates.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, Specially at 300 PLN a night breakfast included.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Name of the hotel: Novotel Darwin Airport

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Airport hotel with everything I needed so generally happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard and received that. No mention of an upgrade and couldn't be bothered asking

How are the rooms? Very large but bare bathroom. Clean and functional. New TV but furniture could do with an upgrade. Everything worked and it was well sized.

What was good and what was bad? Very sterile as opposed to the Mercure over the road which had a much more pleasant pool and outdoor area though not sure about the rooms there. Nothing really bad although breakfast buffet was pretty basic.

Did you get club lounge access? No lounge

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 1 welcome drink voucher for wine, beer, spirit or soft drink

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Would stay at the Mercure if wanting the airport or in town otherwise.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 8:02 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Mercure Singapore Bugis

Name of the hotel: Mercure Singapore Bugis (Newly opened back in June 2016)

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Generally very happy with some minor flaws, otherwise, quite happy.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room and received an upgrade to Loft room

How are the rooms?
Well, the Loft room was 22 m² with a queen bed and sofa, the sofa can also be a bed when pulled out. Room is generally small, thus they did their best by making it a loft to maximise its space. Room is definitely not for people who have difficulty climbing stairs. One flaw of the room is the bathroom as once you walk into the room, you immediately walk into the bathroom. MIght I add that the bathroom is a different design in the sense that the toilet and shower in separate. Also, there is not enough places to hang your towels and personal clothing.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- I was told it was the first Mercure with the privilege lounge (Although I highly doubt so)
- Birthday cake was placed in room as they got to know it was my birthday
- Lounge was small but cosy, it was located next to the main restaurant thus you can literally have breakfast in the lounge but take the food offerings from the restaurant.
- Location was great as you were near Bugis MRT station
- Infinity swimming pool had terrific views
- The evening canapes at the lounge were limited in spread but the quality was fantastic.
- Main restaurant ala carte menu for lunch and dinner was good. Both quality and quantity was fabulous. (Wish they could do the same for breakfast)
- Service at the hotel was excellent and they were friendly (lounge staff)
- I did see the GM of the hotel (Ex HM of Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay) at the lounge quite alot and at the pool with his family)

Bad:
- Room was small (But I guess new hotels being built in Singapore are generally getting smaller)
- Restaurant breakfast was quite terrible but would not complain much since this wasn't a Pullman or Sofitel
- Poorly design bathroom (But I heard that the owners were staying in the hotel while I was there to see the design flaws for themselves.)

Did you get club lounge access? Yes

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Housepour wine and the usual mocktail, soft drinks, etc.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Considering the ageing Novotel and the location of the Grand Mercure, I would definitely stay here again as both location and service at the hotel was excellent. Also, the hotel rates were very reasonable as I booked Members weekend rush.

Last edited by ContinentalVoyager7; Sep 3, 2016 at 8:04 pm Reason: Bolding and edit
Old Sep 4, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Sorry, for a litte OT, but I dont want to create a new thread, especially since you here will definetly answer from your experience.

I just hit Accor Gold and would like to ask regarding room Upgrade.
Is it automatic (depending on availability of course)? Or when you do online check-in, do you request it in comments or ask about it at the reception or does reception actually tell you were upgraded?

Might sound trivial to you, but just asking, many thanks
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:03 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by matio_svk

I just hit Accor Gold and would like to ask regarding room Upgrade.
Is it automatic (depending on availability of course)? Or when you do online check-in, do you request it in comments or ask about it at the reception or does reception actually tell you were upgraded?
Unfortunately I think the answer is there is no Accor consistency on this.

I've had upgrades confirmed by email in advance.

I've had upgrades confirmed automatically at check in.

I've had no upgrade given but when asked about it at checkin it's been willingly granted on request.

I've had no upgrade given but when asked about it at checkin it's been refused (whether or not an upgrade is showing as available to book).

I have sometimes asked in advance but my experience is this hasn't noticably improved my upgrade percentage. When using on line check in I do however usually remind the hotel of my Le Club status and request the appropriate benefits.

The only correlation I have experienced is Sofitel and MGallary properties are better at proactively granting upgrades. Novotel and Mercure properties often require a bit of a nudge before a upgrade is granted. But even this is only a rule of thumb and my personal experience.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:28 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Newbury Elcot Park

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes especially considering rate paid.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic room, received privilege room with balcony. Upgrade only granted after request, original key provided was for a Classic room.

- How are the rooms? Privilege room was comfortable with separate hallway and large bathroom. Furniture was cheap but in good state of repair. Clean. Large but simple bathroom.

Good: Great rate.
Free parking
Good food although slow but friendly service.

Bad: Balcony clearly had not been cleaned in recent times. Build up a bird droppings and dirt which appeared to have been there for sometime.
Hotel requests a disproportionately high pre authorisation to a Credit Card before providing a stamped card to allow signing extras to room.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 2 proactively provided. Useable in bar or restaurant for house wine, beer or large soft drinks. No welcome amenity or VIP welcome. Late check out requested and granted evening before but then received a telephone call 2 minutes after check out time asking when I would be checking out. Reminded them of agreed late check out to which they replied "That'll be fine".

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Booked Happy Monday rate £40 which was excellent value. Also received triple point promo bonus. Would happily return subject to rate. It's a max £100 a night hotel. For a Jupiter francise property a good Mercure hotel.

Last edited by cwl; Sep 4, 2016 at 12:34 pm
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel London West

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was better than my last stay.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room using a third party website because the Accor website wasn't taking bookings. I therefore didn't expect an upgrade as I wasn't entitled but when I checked in I was told I had been chosen as a Guest of the Day and upgraded to an Executive Room with complementary breakfast added as well.

- How are the rooms? Having stayed in one during my last stay, my expectations were managed. The bathroom is still small (and there was a smell of drains in them) but the views across west London were nice.

Good:
The location is good for events and businesses in Hammersmith (Sony and L'Oreal have offices nearby), great views and good soundproofing from outside noises (although there was noise from the corridor) and the rooms are fine (subject to the points below). Compared to my last stay, staff were very friendly and helpful and there were no queues on check in or check out.

Bad: The room are still surprisingly small given it's second only to suites at the property.

The mattress was showing its wear (there were body grooves on both sides, which made it difficult for me to get to sleep) and there was a smell of drains when I used the sink.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I'd booked using a third party site so was not entitled to usual L'Accor perks.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I don't know. If I had an event in the area then I probably would but only if I could get a reasonable rate.

1F
Old Sep 5, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: Accor Plat
Pullman Dresden Newa

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Dresden Newa

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic room, received superior room upper floors. Upgrade given proactively at check in.

- How are the rooms? Clean, nice bed, shower in the middle of the room in a glass "room", excellent view over Prager Strasse

Good: Very friendly staff.
Quiet and Clean.
Close to Main train station.
Cheap parking close by.

Bad: Nothing

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 1 proactively given at check in - for house wine, beer or large soft drinks.
VIP Treatment: Huge chocolate muffin waiting in the room - tasted brilliant.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes definitely - rate was very good and old part of Dresden can be reached within 15 min walking through the shopping area.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 3:35 am

Mercure Wroclaw Centrum

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Wroclaw Centrum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very much.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, received exectutive room, which actually is a suite - two step upgrade and this even though they didn't have any availabity at the hotel at arrival - hotel totally booked. Upgrade given proactively at check in.

- How are the rooms? Clean, old style, huge living room, flat screen both in living room and bedroom.

Quiet and Clean.
Close to old town.

Bad: Parking a bit expensive - in the shopping mall conected with the hotel.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 2 (even though I was there by myself) proactively given at check in - for house wine, beer or large soft drinks.
VIP Treatment: Big plate of fruit waiting in the room. Soft drinks in the mini bar were of no cost.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes definitely - my second stay here - rate was very good and old part of Wroclaw is minuttes away on foot.

Last edited by DK1968; Sep 5, 2016 at 3:43 am
Old Sep 5, 2016, 3:43 am

Hotel Mercure Czestochowa Centrum

- Name of the hotel: Hotel Mercure Czestochowa Centrum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very much.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, received a superior appartment. Upgrade given proactively at check in.

- How are the rooms? Clean, old style, large bathroom with toilet and an extra room with just a toilet, flat screen both in living room and bedroom.

Quiet and Clean.
Close to city center.
Excellent Wifi.

Bad: Hotel looking very sad from outside.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 1 proacively given at check in - for a selction of approx 10 wines, beer or large soft drinks - got a very large glass of red wine.
VIP Treatment: Big plate of fruit and some small bread with polish specialities waiting in the room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Probaly not, but not because of the hotel, but because not much too see in Czestochowa.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 3:52 am

Mercure Hotel MOA Berlin

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Hotel MOA Berlin

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very much.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, received a Junior suite with a huge window area - two step upgrade. Upgrade given proactively at check in.

- How are the rooms? Very clean, modern, small bathroom, flat screen at the end of the bed on a speciel design furniture.

Good: Friendly staff.
Quiet and Clean.
"New hotel"
Free parking on the street just outside the hotel.
U-bahn station 100 m away.
Excellent Wifi.

Bad: Nothing

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 1 proacively given at check in - good for one glas of a special white wine.
VIP Treatment: Big plate of fruit, cakes, chocolates waiting in the room - very impressive.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Yes - cheap rate - excellent connection by U-bahn to the rest of Berlin.

Last edited by DK1968; Sep 5, 2016 at 4:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.