Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
This is the opposite of my experience with this hotel

Is there two Novotel at CDG ? Because this one is at T3 and the Ibis also at T3. Both are equally distant to the RER and the CDGVAL
A little surprised with your review after our experience but it is definitely the same hotel.

Did the room you were upgraded to have 1980's wood chip wall coverings that were heavily stained? Lighting designed well before low energy was introduced so extremely dim? Tiny bathroom? Sofa bed that I wouldn't even take to a charity shop as I doubt they could resell it? Carpet that you didn't want to inspect too closely? Very uncomfortable saggy mattress with wafer thin pillows?

We are currently sat in the bar. The bar and main communal areas have bare concrete walls that are cracking and crumbling in many areas? Our drinks vouchers got us a small (draft only) beer and a small wine. The ambient music is hard core rap where every other word is F%%* or B%^*#!

Before heading to the bar we dropped off some shopping to our room from day out in Paris. The room service tray of half eaten food that our neighbours had placed outside their room at breakfast time when we left our room is still there (11 hours later).

Not sure if I need to go on?

Last edited by simonspear; Aug 9, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:44 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Sincerely my room was good, standard Novotel with some wear and tear. Not shiny new but definitely not as run down as yours. I remember the bathroom to be of a good size. Agreed about the bar experience though, but I did not spend any time there.
For the sake of clarification, I am not disagreeing with your experience. It seems that there are rooms of various conditions in this hotel and this needs to be taken into account when choosing a property atCDG.

Last edited by fransknorge; Aug 9, 2016 at 2:57 pm Reason: Add details
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I think that's the old Pullman? You're better off booking the ibis the next time. Brand new and walking distance to the train station.
No. The old Pullman (which was formerly a Sofitel) is a Mercure now.
I believe we are talking here about the Novotel directly connected to CDG1 RER/Roissypole CDGVAL station (opposite the Ibis and the new Pullman).
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No. The old Pullman (which was formerly a Sofitel) is a Mercure now.
I believe we are talking here about the Novotel directly connected to CDG1 RER/Roissypole CDGVAL station (opposite the Ibis and the new Pullman).
Yep that's the one and it's definitely on my avoid list now. Very frustrating especially when some people appear to be having a good experience here. We often stay in Novotel's when travelling as a family as they are normally extremely family friendly. Can't say that today after my 7 and 4 year old were playing on the gaming console only for the song 'F%# my Love B*^%#, F%#% Her' to come on over the speakers.

Oh and there is only one elevator working. Apparently the other one has been broken for awhile....
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:51 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Name of the hotel?
Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked luxury room and received luxury club room on the 10th floor. The differences are upgraded toiletries from Lanvin to Hermes, location on a high-floor, and access to the lounge.

How are the rooms?
All rooms are spacious here, even the entry level rooms. Bathroom has been identical in all rooms I have stayed at and always comes with two sinks, plus both bathtub and walk-in shower. Sofitel MyBed, Nespresso machine and Bose player can be found in the room, but no tea bags and TV is on a smaller size. Great views to the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church. Excellent sound proof.

What was good and what was bad?

Very good hotel but there is still some room for improvement:
- If you are a platinum member and book a stay without breakfast, you can only have a continental breakfast in lounge, so a real buffet breakfast in restaurant isn’t an option unless it’s included to room rate
- Lounge breakfast doesn’t include sparkling wine, but restaurant breakfast does
- Had to beg to have breakfast in the lounge on a day of arrival (this hasn’t been problem of any kind in any other Sofitel)
- Requested toothbrush from housekeeping and was told they don’t have. Had to go to reception where they handed them
- No tea in rooms

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes I did. The lounge is very small and thus it might be difficult to get in even as a platinum member. They are currently making some changes to it so that it can accommodate nine more guests. Not much but at least they are trying to do something. The temporary lounge is on the 1st floor in of the conference rooms.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
- Early check-in at 9:30am
- Late check-out anytime we wished so it was 4:30pm
- 2 x welcome drink voucher, good for red wine, white wine, sparkling wine, beer, coffee, tea or soft drink, wines selected by sommelier
- Lounge access
- Fruit ”platter” as a VIP treatment, just apricot, apple and pear

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Excellent value. This was my third time here and will certainly return.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Name of the hotel?
Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked luxury room and received luxury club room on the 10th floor. The differences are upgraded toiletries from Lanvin to Hermes, location on a high-floor, and access to the lounge.

How are the rooms?
All rooms are spacious here, even the entry level rooms. Bathroom has been identical in all rooms I have stayed at and always comes with two sinks, plus both bathtub and walk-in shower. Sofitel MyBed, Nespresso machine and Bose player can be found in the room, but no tea bags and TV is on a smaller size. Great views to the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church. Excellent sound proof.

Very good hotel but there is still some room for improvement:
- If you are a platinum member and book a stay without breakfast, you can only have a continental breakfast in lounge, so a real buffet breakfast in restaurant isn’t an option unless it’s included to room rate
- Lounge breakfast doesn’t include sparkling wine, but restaurant breakfast does
- Had to beg to have breakfast in the lounge on a day of arrival (this hasn’t been problem of any kind in any other Sofitel)
- Requested toothbrush from housekeeping and was told they don’t have. Had to go to reception where they handed them
- No tea in rooms

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes I did. The lounge is very small and thus it might be difficult to get in even as a platinum member. They are currently making some changes to it so that it can accommodate nine more guests. Not much but at least they are trying to do something. The temporary lounge is on the 1st floor in of the conference rooms.

- Early check-in at 9:30am
- Late check-out anytime we wished so it was 4:30pm
- 2 x welcome drink voucher, good for red wine, white wine, sparkling wine, beer, coffee, tea or soft drink, wines selected by sommelier
- Lounge access
- Fruit ”platter” as a VIP treatment, just apricot, apple and pear

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Excellent value. This was my third time here and will certainly return.
Thank you for your short review. I am particularly interested in because I'm staying there shortly and we had multiple reports on FT about variable compliance levels with LCAH rules, particularly for lounge access. So I understand the regular lounge is closed for renovation and so they have a temporary one in some meeting rooms ? How nice is this ? Is that the kind of meeting rooms with no windows ?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:46 pm
esp
Suspended

Name of the hotel: Mercure Frankfurt City Messe

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? NO, unhappy in general.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked and received cheapest room (single)

How are the rooms? A bit dated and small, but acceptable for a night.

Good: Competitive prices when there's no trade fair going on.

Bad: (i) No status recognition. (ii) They completely misspelled my name and my address on the bill so I had to request another bill. (iii) Hotel in bad neighborhood, a bit uncomfortable to reach at night. (iv) The public areas (particularly elevators and hallways) are pretty run-down.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

No welcome drink or voucher, no other form of status recognition.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Despite the low room rate, I won't return. Particularly my last stay was sub-standard.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:53 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thank you for your short review. I am particularly interested in because I'm staying there shortly and we had multiple reports on FT about variable compliance levels with LCAH rules, particularly for lounge access. So I understand the regular lounge is closed for renovation and so they have a temporary one in some meeting rooms ? How nice is this ? Is that the kind of meeting rooms with no windows ?
The temporary lounge was quite nice actually. High ceiling and huge floor-to-ceiling windows which means lots of natural light. Of course views weren't as nice as on the 11th floor where one can see more the neighborhood. In downstairs, the windows are facing Swissotel and Karlstadt department store. Furniture are brought from 11th floor lounge to this meeting room so atmosphere was pretty similar than in the actual lounge.

I hope you will get in. I have understood (based on TripAdvisor reviews) that it's difficult. I have always got in but I have contacted general manager before my arrival. The actual lounge should reopen after refurbishing later this month or latest next month, I was told.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:10 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Chengdu Taihe

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked junior suite, recieved Prestige Suite.

- How are the rooms? Good size but rather dated. The luxury room category is particularly in need of renovation.

Good: Good value for money

Bad: Rooms would benefit from a refresh.
Language skills for staff limited. A Mandarin App on the phone is a must. All the staff have one.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Large lounge. Food offerings limited. Lounge like the rooms need a refresh. When it rained the windows let water in.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? No welcome drink. Plate of fruit and pastries in room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return ? For the rate charged good value although a rather average hotel.

Last edited by cwl; Aug 15, 2016 at 9:03 am
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:19 am
cwl

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Century Hong Kong

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked executive room received Junior suite.

- How are the rooms?
Good size but rather dated. Standard rooms typical Hong Kong small size. Junior suite upgrade made a big difference. Executive floor rooms appeared to have been refurbished. Other floors seemed a older design.

Good: Good value for money.
Not in heart of Hong Kong but easy transport links by MTR, trams and ferry.
Good lounge staff.

Bad: Hotel is a little off the beaten track.
Lounge is small.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Small lounge on stop floor, despite size getting a table wasn't a problem.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher for all guest (didn't use). Large bottle of mineral water, fruit and welcome card.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return ? For a short stay in Hong Kong hotel ticked all the boxes.

Last edited by cwl; Aug 15, 2016 at 9:04 am
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:31 am
cwl

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Metropole Hanoi

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Premium Luxury Room, received Prestige Suite.

- How are the rooms? Suite was beautiful appointed, large bathroom, walk in wardrobe, view overlooking the pool.

Good: Beautiful historic hotel.
The history tour including a visited to the bunker under the Bamboo bar.
The Lounge - excellent- would rival a good Ritz Carlton lounge.
Rooms are immaculate.
Great staff.

Bad:Expensive
Pool area is small, can be difficult to find a bed early afternoon.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Good size lounge offering full made to order breakfast, lovely afternoon tea and full service evening cocktails and snacks. Full concierge service in lounge from butlers.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher for all guest good for anything except a few top end liquors. Plate of cakes, macaroons, box of Metropole chocolates and hand written welcome card.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return ? For Vietnam it is expensive but value for money for what you get.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:42 am
cwl

- Name of the hotel: Le Residence Hue MGallery

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Deluxe River view, received deluxe river view. Hotel was full.

- How are the rooms? Good although a little to much emphasis on recreating Art Deco feel of the old part of the hotel at expense of luxury or function. River view of the Citadel and river was great. Room has air condition units mount on roof above which made 24/7 whine audible in the room and loud when on the balcony.

Good: Great location.
Hotel with boutique feel.
Nice pool deck

Bad: Despite having room in the modern extension room wasn't that large, bathroom small with shower only.
Pool is not cooled, rather warm in the summer heat.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink all guests good for anything on the drink menu. La Residence Polo shirt. Glass bottled waters, fruit and nuts.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Reasonable value, would return.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:50 am
cwl

- Name of the hotel: Royal Hoi An MGallery

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Grand deluxe room, received the same. My Accor profile requests high floor away from elevator. Received lowest floor next to elevator. Hotel apparently full.

- How are the rooms? Good size modern rooms, open plan bathroom although can close off with screen. Liked the decor.

Good: Easy walking distance to Old Hoi An
Food & Beverage for lunch and dinner good and competitively priced compared to outside restaurants.
Large rooms.

Bad: Service can be rather slow.
Balcony is more for show rather than use.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher for 2. Free 30 minute neck and shoulder massage voucher for 2. Two small cakes in room. Five free soft drinks from minibar.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value, would return

Last edited by cwl; Aug 15, 2016 at 9:10 am
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:59 am
cwl

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Hyland - Shanghai

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior room, received prestige suite

- How are the rooms?
Modern design, not particularly large for a suite. Comfortable bed.

Good: Located on walking street, convenient for Metro.

Bad: Standard international hotel. Could be anywhere.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Lounge on top floor offering full breakfast including to order items. Evening food offering repetative.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 2. No welcome amenity nor welcome card.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value for money. Would consider returning but also look at other options.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel London West

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was okay.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Premium Executive Room and received a Premium Executive Room (I expected that as the hotel was hosting a conference during my stay).

- How are the rooms? It was okay but smaller than I was expecting - especially the bathroom, which had a walk in shower but otherwise barely enough room to swing a cat. All the Premium Executive Rooms are on the 9th floor so there are good views across London.

Good:
There was a lot of choice at the buffet breakfast, the location is good for events and businesses in Hammersmith (Sony and L'Oreal have offices nearby), great views and good soundproofing and the rooms are fine (subject to the points below)

Bad: The room was surprisingly small given it's second only to suites at the property, staff were courteous but not particularly friendly and there weren't enough of them at check in or check out (I had a 15 minute wait to check in and there was no L'Accor priority line in operation). I also had to ask for my drinks vouchers.

The mattress was showing its wear (there were body grooves on both sides, which made it difficult for me to get to sleep) and the bathroom shower was reluctant to turn itself off.

You should be aware that the hotel is primarily there for conferences and when it's hosting one the restaurants and bars get very busy and there can be a wait for breakfast. The hotel is also used by some airlines and tour companies so if you're looking for something quiet and intimate, it's not going to be great for you.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I got 2 drinks vouchers but only when I asked for them. Standard Novotel amenities but it included a small vanity pack (cotton buds, a cotton pad and a nail file). No other perks.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I have another booking there due to a business booking but I wouldn't rush to come back.

1F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.