Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:30 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Novotel London Heathrow

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard booked and received. Apology proactively given that they had no Executive rooms available but would ensure upgrade for next stay.

- How are the rooms? Original room allocated overlooked bin store, was cold and very noticeable traffic noise from main road outside. Originally assumed window had been left open but on checking window seals had failed with cold draft entering from outside and allowing in external noise. Informed reception who reallocated, second room warm, quiet with improved view. Never explained why as a Platinum member such a poor room was originally allocated. Service recovery acceptable. Both rooms standard Novotel rooms.

- What was good and what was bad? Standard Novotel

Good: Happy Monday rate £40.
Online check in which actually works (although original room allocated not acceptable). Keys, vouchers, all ready on arrival at Priority desk. Nothing to sign, no credit card required.

Bad: Original room allocated

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 2 good for any wines (large glass), beers or soft drinks. Letter in room offering 25% off F & B "as a thank you for your loyalty"

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? At £40 great value for a late checkin and early departure. For a overnight room would stay again at these rates although in totally different league to Sofitel Heathrow.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:28 am

Novotel Juhu Beach (Mumbai)

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard Room, got upgraded to a suite

- How are the rooms? The rooms are spacious, clean and with great views.

Good: Great hotel, staff were fantastic in organising a local sim card and because I missed breakfast due to an early flight ensured something was packed up for me to take.
Bad: N/A

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes lounge access was received, was a good selection of food and alcohol

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? The normal drink voucher and some sweet French treats.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? It's in a good location, did the job for a one night stay.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Name of the hotel: Pullman New Delhi Aerocity

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Booked deluxe room and was upgraded to Executive.

- How are the rooms?
Very spacious and well appointed. Very nice bathroom.

Good:

- Excellent staff
- Nice bar and good choice of restaurants, India, Pan-asian and european
- Excellant location for airport

Bad:
Out if town

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Lounge not yet open, but Cocktail hour for Status guests held every night in the bar. This included drinks and hot & cold canapes

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks : Voucher for berr, Indian wine or soft drinks. Jars of snacks in room. Hand written note from GM. Also had the Customer Relations Manager seek me out during one of the Happy hours.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? yes
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
- Name of the hotel:
Grand Mercure Beijing Central

- What is your Le Club status?
Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very much

Booked superior (standard) room, upgraded to a renovated deluxe room, also, i was offered a executive room if I would wait 1 or 2 hours (explained below)

- How are the rooms?
My newly renovated room was very nice, quality bed, new LED screen, large office table, beautiful bathroom . Had 2 problems, the shower doors have a hole on the bottom isolation, thus flooding the bathroom floor, this was solved with a towel. the other problem was more severe, one of the windows was broken and could not be closed thus leaving a hole for noise and cool weather, after reporting a technician came, could not do anything so my room was changed, the new room was fine except the shower door problem (seems that all renovated rooms have this shower glitch)

Good: Perfect location (5 minutes walk from 2 subway stations, close enough to walk to Tiananmen, airport express bus accross the street), quality breakfast with large selection. VERY polite staff, extremely good loyalty treatment (see below).

Bad: original room problems (see above), but that was fixed. Pool/Jacuzzi closed 30 minutes too early (15 minutes after i arrived), sometimes lack of English skills by staff

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Although only gold, I was given executive floor lounge access, I only had breakfast there, which was same as breakfast downstairs but more attentive by staff.

I emailed ahead to secure early checkin at 8:00 AM, i was told if there are rooms free it will be ok. we arrived earlier at 7:30, not having any expectations, i was told that our rooms will be ready in 20 minutes (mind, this was early morning, waiting a hour would be fine) and that in the meantime we should have COMPLIMENTARY breakfast, later in the day an attendant brought macarons and fruit to my room. Midstay I found a hand written thankyou letter from the hotel managaer. day before departure late checkout was granted until 16:00 (4pm), and now the biggest shock (never happened to me before), when checking out, I was asked to wait 5 minutes because the manager wanted to personally say thank you for staying at their hotel. All in all, i was shocked, this loyalty treatment surpassed all my previous accor stays anywhere, hands down the BEST, and to be honest, this being China and reading reviews about the hotel, i had the smallest expectations.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes, definetly, they even accepted my BPG claim
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: LCAH Plat, BA, EK, SQ
- Name of the hotel: ibis World Square, Sydney

Booked Standard Room 2 Single Beds and was "upgraded" to a room with king size bed.

- How are the rooms?
Small and a bit tired. I didn't hear any noise during the nights but the rooms aren't exactly the most sound proof.

Good:
Location, about the only good thing about this place.

Bad:
Breakfast, it was quite basic with some hot dishes, yoghurt and some bread. No cold cuts or cheeses, just peanut butter, jam and vegemite in single servering packages.
When I arrived back in the middle of the night after night work there was a man sleeping on the couch in the lobby, that is just not acceptable.
The price, omg the price, I could have got a 5 star luxury suite in other parts of the world for the same price I had to pay. Sadly enough ibis was my only choice as it was a last minute booking and everything else was either booked out or twice the price. I hate Sydney... I'm just glad that it's not me paying for it.
Wasn't just the room that was tired, the rest of the spaces at the hotel was quite worn as well.

No lounge.

Voucher for one soft drink, beer or wine. Bottle of water only on check-in, not replenished. Free wifi (how can this still not be a thing everywhere for everyone?).

Value was rock bottom and a robbery. Will never return.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:46 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drifterSE

Booked Standard Room 2 Single Beds and was "upgraded" to a room with king size bed.

Did they actually tell you that it was an "upgrade"?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: MGallery Veranda Chiang Mai The High Resort

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Valley Deluxe Pavillion. Upgraded to Jacuzzi Pavillion room.

- How are the rooms? Very nice but showing some age especially in the bathrooms. Free minibar drinks for non-alcoholic drinks.

Good: Thann bathroom amenities, huge room with very thoughtful service for housekeeping and at the restaurant. We almost overordered and was advised by the team to reduce our order!! 247 buggy service. Very lovely resort facing paddy fields and in the mountains - thus very cooling in Nov. Breakfast was at the restaurant at the pool with very beautiful views! The spread was great with live station for skewers, waffles and eggs. Great coffee was also served!!

Bad: Abit out of town and to anywhere else. Bad reception for TV. No wireless speakers in the room. WiFi abit iffy too

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? welcome drink for a fruit punch or an in-house cocktail. Welcome letter from hotel manager. Fruit platter and cake was offered as it was my birthday.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes very much. At approx $200 USD a night, it was indeed worth it and a great escape from the hustle of the city
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, Happy.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Executive Room and got upgraded to a business suite.

- How are the rooms? I have stayed at the Deluxe, Exec and now, the Business Suite.. No doubt the best room with separate shower stall and bath tub. There is a sofa and couple of arm chairs with a nice coffee table to chill. On top of that, there is also a writing desk. I loved the bedroom slippers (those thick fluffy kind)

Good
I got upgraded and treated much better after writing in to the GM after the bad visits previously - no upgrade for a previous stay and pedestrain service. Welcome amenity and Welcome drinks were also offered. This shows that the GM do take action. Room was great (described above).

Poor
However, can't say for the service at the main reception check in and main restaurant. Staff looked tired and doing work for the sake of doing.

Lounge staff were great and drinks were proactively offered. The lounge also offered a nice view of the East Coast Parkway.

For Weekend Rush rates of SGD$150 for an executive room with breakfast - yes!

Last edited by cowism; Dec 4, 2016 at 6:42 am
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:30 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Mercure Sydney

Mercure Sydney
818-820 George Street, Sydney, NSW, Australia

The first time we stayed at this property, for a single night in July 2014, I ended my review (here) by saying that the Mercure Sydney does what it says on the packet and we’d happily return. This time we'd been hoping to try the Hyde Park Pullman, but their pricing was silly (and there was no way we were going back to the Sofitel) so we did indeed return to the Mercure. We weren't disappointed.

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum at the time of this stay (three nights in December 2016).

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
We booked the cheapest "standard queen" room and were given a "Privilege" king room on the 13th floor. ^

How are the rooms?
Large enough, clean, our "Privilege" room had a pod espresso machine and safe.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Full and automatic Platinum recognition. Location, ideal for trains and numerous bus routes. Friendly and helpful staff.

Bad:
Nothing really. Automatic delivery of two terrible 'news'papers.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
We were given two drink vouchers, which we redeemed for real beer in the pleasant bar. We were also offered a choice between four or five different amenities, ranging from 300 points through to strawberries and sparkling wine. We chose two small bottles of industrial lager. A welcome note was waiting in our room with some bottled water and a sweet snack.

Value for money? Would you return?
This was an expensive weekend to be in Sydney. We made a flexible booking several months in advance and -- despite looking frequently -- never got a chance to replace it with a cheaper rate. The average price we paid of just under 300 AUD a night was fair for our dates. We'll certainly have the Mercure on our short list again next time we're planning a visit to Sydney.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:22 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Mercure Düsseldorf City Center

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
OK

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I booked two single bed rooms and was not upgraded. Based on the website the hotel was sold out for one night out of our two night stay.

How are the rooms?
Fairly close to a small Ibis room. Actually the whole hotel has an Ibis vibe, rather than a Mercure one. They were not too dated, and the bed comfortable enough. The bathroom was tiny,
There was a safe in the room, but an old model needing a key, which you get at the reception.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Full and automatic Platinum recognition.
The location is great, all are walking times: 5 min to Hbf, 10 min to Kø, 15 min to the Rheintower, 20 min to Allstadt.

Bad:
The Internet connection is of extremely poor quality, barely usable.
Some of the staff are fairly rude, and not the usual German way which I consider not rude, just efficient. Specially a couple of people at the breakfast service.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
We were given two drink vouchers for wine or non alcoholic drinks. One bottle of Evian every day in each room and a welcome gift: cherry covered in chocolate.

Value for money? Would you return?
This was a bit expensive, but given this was during the Christmas Market season this is expected. I might return if needed.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Leeds Centre

- What is your Le Club status? Plat Statut

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard, upgraded to Executive. I did email beforehand asking for a specific room that we had stayed in before and this was given.

- How are the rooms? Modern, Large

Good: Rate, location and I got the last free parking spot

Bad: Nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Two vouchers for wine, beer or soft drinks. Fruit and chocolates in room. Late check-out.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? £40 Happy Monday rate, which is a absolute bargain at this time of year.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Pullman Paris La Defense

Since I've been inactive on this forum for quite long so I will post simultaneously some of my recent stays.

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Paris La Defense

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Deluxe Suite; Upgraded to President Suite

- How are the rooms? Actually President Suite room basically was Deluxe Suite plus Superior Room with a special entrance to both rooms. Rooms are spacious and the view was good.

Good: Got early check-in at 10 am; plenty of welcome drinks and snacks ^^^

Bad: Location is not that centrally located for vacation.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Four welcome drink vouchers since the previously booked deluxe rooms were for 4 persons. Got a jug of juices and some french pastries.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Really great value for a Deluxe Suite in Paris but would choose somewhere else for the location factor.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:00 am

Pullman Bucharest World Trade Center

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Bucharest World Trade Center

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very Happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Book Deluxe room; upgraded to Suite (one level upgrade)

- How are the rooms? The Suite room is very spacious. The beds are to die for. However it was quite dated.

Good:
- Got early check-in at 8 am
- The Front Desks were very friendly and accomodating
- Very comfortable beds

Bad:
- The hotel was rebranded from Sofitel to Pullman and I could see why. The hotel is only four star and hasn't been renovated yet.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks provided; good for any drinks on the menu. Plus got some chips provided by the bartender.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? The hotel was really good value; surely return.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:57 pm

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Convention Centre Ancol Jakarta

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Executive Ocean and....no upgrade (since the hotel was full)

- How are the rooms? The Executive Ocean room is really beautiful with large windows on both sides so you could see sunrise and sunset from your own room.

Good:
- The room was great and the scenery was very beautiful!
- As LCAH Platinum, I was allowed to chose any drinks from the menu for welcome drink vouchers. (Rarely to find that on other Indonesian hotels)

Bad:
- No upgrade

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? There's a basket of some light snacks and a fruit plate.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Moderate value for Indonesian standard. Sure, would return.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
- Name of the hotel: Grand Mercure Danang, Vietnam

Booked: Superior Room 1 King Size Bed
Got double upgrade to: Deluxe Suite 1 King Bed and 1 Sofa

- How are the rooms?
Very nice suite with river/bridge view

Good: Staff, lounge, view, 2-hour Da Nanang free driver, free airport rides, they have motorbikes to rent

Bad: DVD/CD player faulty, couldn't figure out how to use the coffee machine. Sauna in the spa was turned off, took about 45mn to get to temperature. Pool not as nice as the photos hinted, couldn't use because of weather.

Yes, very nice breakfast and evening cocktails. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Got the welcome coupon (juice, mocktails or beer) as well as a bowl of fruits and coconuts pastries/candies in the room with still and sparkling water.

With the suite upgrade+lounge it was a very, very good value for $!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.