Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
wkndtraveler:
I have the impression that (almost) all (renovated) Ibis hotels has that plastic pod as a bathroom. I dislike that too.
Urgh, seriously? That is ridiculous - the other rooms in that property at least have proper baths and showers.

1F
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:29 am

Staying in Pullman Surabaya city center at the moment. One of the worst experiences up until now. ( KL Pullman is close though)
At check-in they told me I was upgraded to an executive room, which i booked. I kindly pointed out the fact that already was the room I booked and then the lady at the desk needed to call the manager on duty. During the phone call she asked me why type of platinum member I was, which I not fully understood to be honest.

I got "upgraded" to an junior suite, which sounded nice and kind. Unfortunately during unpacking in this room I found out that the bedroom of the suite was connected to the elevator and I could clearly hear people talk and hear the bell of the elevator arriving.

I standard request an high level room and as far as possible from the elevator due to being a light sleeper. So I requested the executive room far from the elevator which I initiale booked as the junior suites where all "attached" to the elevator shaft. ( What an upgrade....)

Lounge during breakfast is ok but the 6-8pm cocktails are a joke, only wine and beer is available and are not willing to serve anything else.
Bites are cold and nothing real special, now I understand why I am sitting here alone.....

This hotel feels more like 3* with allot of work to do to be honest, both service and quality of the hotel are not up to Pullman standards.
First and last time I am staying here.

Update: Because the chardonnay in the lounge turned out to be a mix between red and white wine! ( i guess somebody though the brands are the same so it should mix well ) I tried to get a welcome "drink" with the voucher, which was only valid for two types of juices haha!

Ended up paying for my scotch and soda unfortunately.

Last edited by iRobert; Jul 21, 2016 at 6:20 am
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very happy!

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
2 Standard rooms. No upgrade but didn't need/ask one.

- How are the rooms? Quite small but that is to be expected for HK. Very modern and functional design. Very nice bathroom for the price range. Good bed.

Good: Received one of our rooms at 9AM which was much appreciated. Did not care for an upgrade and just wanted a room ASAP as we were exhausted from the flight.
Internet is reliable and fast.

Bad:
Well, not exactly bad, but I expected more from the breakfast both in terms of variety and quality.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not eligible.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
4 welcome drink vouchers for 2 rooms. Early check-in as mentioned.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? We paid €90 a night which is great value for a modern 4* hotel. Would absolutely return!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Santiago Centro

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? One Standard Room. I didn't ask for upgrade and it wans't offered.

- How are the rooms? The room is very large, with a lot of space. The bed is very confortable and the location of the hotel gives good access to visit Santiago do Chile (metro station and bus station in front of the hotel).

Good: Received the room at 7A.M. without any problem, asked by phone the day before the arrival and they agreed without questioning. I did a late check-out too, I was supposed to leave the hotel at 12h and leaved at 14h without any problems.

Bad: There were receipts and some papers over the desk in the room from the old guest that they forgot to throw in the trash giving the impression the room was not cleaned properly.
I expected more from the breakfast. One day the ham wans't looking good at all (didn't ate it) and the info about juices/meals were wrong everyday (example: orange juice they named it mango juice, etc).

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not eligible.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? When I arrived at the room there was a message card written by hand from the manager in the language I speak (Portuguese) saying welcome with little chocolates and two bottles of a premium water from Chile (little things that make difference). I got one voucher for two welcome drinks downstairs too.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I paid U$200 for 3 nights in a weekend of July (high season in the city). Overall, everything was very good. I would stay there again.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Tokyo Ginza

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very much so.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior, received Deluxe

- How are the rooms? Modern, large for Tokyo

Good: Great location in the heart of Ginza, very close to Tokyo main railway station.

Bad: Nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drink voucher. Small bottle of champagne delivered to room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Great value for the area and I will stay there again if I return to Tokyo.

Last edited by Castleford Tiger; Aug 2, 2016 at 11:10 am
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Narita Airport

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked single standard, received double standard. I do not think that there are other room types.

- How are the rooms? Tired, but adequate for one night.

Good: Good location, with walking distance of Narita railway station and many restuarants and bars.

Bad: IBIS-esque bathroom.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drink voucher only.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Excellent value for a Narita airport hotel.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:24 pm

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Manchester Centre

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard Room, upgraded to Exec Room - words of receptionist were "naturally, we have upgraded you to an Executive Room"
- How are the rooms? Very nice. Espresso Machine, Mini Bar Fridge (not complimentary unfortunately!), Iron, Hairdryer, lovely Bathroom/Shower, very large (50"+) TV, Dressing Gown and slippers.

Good Location, Nice upgrade, Pleasant Staff, Free drinks (see below)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not aware there is a lounge here - although as "only" gold, would not have been entitled.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Two welcome drinks vouchers (even though I was travelling alone). Also received nice bag of chocolates and welcome note on my bed.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Managed to book 3 nights at Happy Monday rates (40GBP per night) - standard rates at hotel are 100+. If I could get the same deal, definitely return!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:59 am
Suspended

- Name of the hotel: Budapest, Nemzeti Mgallery

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Superior Room, no upgrade, I think the hotel was full

- How are the rooms? Nice, but all Superior rooms face the place in front of the hotel, which is both a bus and train station. Quit noisy. We changed to a higher floor superior room the last night, bathroom was much better than the first one.

We did not take public transportation and found it a bit far from the city center. Bkf was average.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Two welcome drinks vouchers (wine all selection of the menu available, beer at the bar)

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good Value as we paid 230e for 3 nights + bkf but I will definitely try the Sofitel next time, for the location and the noise.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:46 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Mainz

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? OK

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard double room and received that. Enquiry about upgrade was that the hotel was full

- How are the rooms? Tired and old

Good: Staff is friendly and service minded

Bad: The location is a bit out of town

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Voucher for a choice of non alcoholic beverage, beer or wine

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No

Last edited by fransknorge; Aug 7, 2016 at 6:59 am
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:50 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

- Name of the hotel: Ibis Hamburg City

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? OK

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? One room category only

- How are the rooms? Standard Ibis, a bit tired. Note there are no safe in the room.

Good: Nothing really, apart from the location which is very convenient.

Bad: Some staff needs to get back to customer service training; my checkout experience was incredibly lacking in basic skills when she escalated a simple request (see the receipt for the incidental hold) to a shouting contest.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Voucher for a choice of non alcoholic beverage, beer or wine

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:55 am

- Name of the hotel: McGallery Old Town Prague

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Received a Deluxe Room after an upgrade from a standard double room

- How are the rooms? Spacious, well decorated (the whole hotel has a Kafka theme - the building used to be offices for a Bavarian Insurance company where Kafka worked), Sofitel MyBed (very comfortable, as usual).

Good: Frankly, everything was good except for ....

Bad: ... the restaurant and bar, which lacks imagination.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Voucher for my choice of welcome drink; voucher for 30 % discount on all F&B outlets valid the entire stay, welcome cakes.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, very good value (the rate was less than 80 EUR per night, breakfast included).
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:58 am

- Name of the hotel: Ibis Munich City

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? NO

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? One room category

- How are the rooms? The worst Ibis I ever stayed in. The room are old, dirty, broken appliances. The bathroom is minuscule. I had bigger rooms in Hong Kong or NYC. There are no safe in the room.

Good: Location

Bad: Everything else. The breakfast stopped at 10:30. I arrived at 9:50 and found no staff - they all already stopped serving and were eating. Nobody to replace the cold scrambled eggs or fill the empty orange juice jugs. Same thing the next morning.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for a choice of non alcoholic beverage, beer or wine.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? NO
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:21 am

- Name of the hotel: Novotel CDG Terminal3

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 2 x Superior rooms. No upgrade received

- How are the rooms? Horrible. The hotel is grotty and seriously in need of a refurb. The beds are very uncomfortable and the bedding does not appear to be up to normal Novotel standards. The hotel itself looks clean, but due to the age of the old and worn furnishings and general condition it looks dirty.

- What was good and what was bad? Nothing good to say I'm afraid. Bad - overall condition, no upgrade, no status recognition, eventual begrudging drinks vouchers issued, no welcome gift, uncomfortable bed, grotty room...

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No Lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? After not receiving an upgrade I had to ask about drinks vouchers. There was a lot of muttering and conversations behind the desk but eventually I did receive them.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely would not return. There are a number of options for hotels at CDG and I won't be returning to the Novotel. Arriving at a hotel in this condition seriously undermines the fortune that Accor must spend encouraging brand loyalty.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:31 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by simonspear

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 2 x Superior rooms. No upgrade received

- How are the rooms? Horrible. The hotel is grotty and seriously in need of a refurb. The beds are very uncomfortable and the bedding does not appear to be up to normal Novotel standards. The hotel itself looks clean, but due to the age of the old and worn furnishings and general condition it looks dirty.

- What was good and what was bad? Nothing good to say I'm afraid. Bad - overall condition, no upgrade, no status recognition, eventual begrudging drinks vouchers issued, no welcome gift, uncomfortable bed, grotty room...

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? After not receiving an upgrade I had to ask about drinks vouchers. There was a lot of muttering and conversations behind the desk but eventually I did receive them.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely would not return. There are a number of options for hotels at CDG and I won't be returning to the Novotel. Arriving at a hotel in this condition seriously undermines the fortune that Accor must spend encouraging brand loyalty.
I think that's the old Pullman? You're better off booking the ibis the next time. Brand new and walking distance to the train station.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by simonspear

This is the opposite of my experience with this hotel

I think that's the old Pullman? You're better off booking the ibis the next time. Brand new and walking distance to the train station.
Is there two Novotel at CDG ? Because this one is at T3 and the Ibis also at T3. Both are equally distant to the RER and the CDGVAL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.