Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by olisch
During the last Sofitel Private Sales I booked a standard room for a stay in march at 3.460 THB all inclusive. imho a great value.

Limousine transfer booked through hotel is at 2.200 THB all inclusive with a Mercedes Benz E
Yep, booked 4 nights for January at that price, but will stick to lousy Toyota Corolla taxi at less than 500B from DM, 105 toll way included.

Our third visit at the Sofitel Sukhumvit ^
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:52 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Checked in yesterday at an early, pre-arranged time.

The shower flooded and it was promptly fixed. I clocked warm water at about 2 mins on both mornings. Haven't experienced that before, did anyone else notice?

On another note - I found a service provider where I could book an S-Class "or equivalent" . They sent a Camry
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:46 pm

I stayed at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit for five nights. Hotel staff managed to steal cash out of my wallet twice, both times while I was at Millesime club lounge (only those folks knew that I was out of my room, once I had a DND light on, which didn`t prevent entering my room), thus it could be not just the housekeepers. My room was on the 12th floor, and the lounge on the 31st.

When I realized that I was actually robbed, I immediately called guest services and requested a lock interrogation. MOD & security came without any surprise on their faces and MOD performed lock interrogation. I was then promised to be contacted the next morning. Nobody called. I then called myself and spoke with a female <edited>, who again promised me to provide me with camera and lock interrogation history “before my departure”. Nobody apologized once. Nobody contacted me once.

Meanwhile, I contacted corporate Sofitel & Accor on their Facebook pages (they removed my comments about that property, obviously, not wishing people to know that it is not safe to stay at their property in Bangkok). I then had communications via Facebook messages, where corporate Sofitel had also no luck in getting a response from the management of Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit property.
I contacted Accor via their webpage, and they created a case. I have not heard from them since they provided the case number (emailed them again-nothing).

During four days after the accident, I called several times and was told by guest service staff that a manager would call me back. I waited for hours in my room, but nobody ever called me back or left any voicemail. I departed without receiving any contact.

If you get killed at that property-nobody would care as there is no accountability and security. I strongly do not recommend Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit not only because its staff are thieves (they steal “creatively”-not the whole wallet, but a partial amount!), but because of ignorance of the management, in charge with GM, Christophe Caron, and hotel manager, Christian Schlegel.

Overall, the property is by no mean a 5* property: service is not consistent, non-smoking floors have strong smoke, smell, <edited>

I am a Platinum Accor member, and it is very sad that Accor`s reputation ruined by this nightmare experience at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

Last edited by starflyergold; Dec 11, 2013 at 1:23 am Reason: edited to bring in line with ToS
Old Dec 11, 2013, 1:26 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
These are quite some tall allegations. Surely if something has been stolen one would call the police?

Originally Posted by ACR2013
I stayed at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit for five nights. Hotel staff managed to steal cash out of my wallet twice, both times while I was at Millesime club lounge
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
These are quite some tall allegations. Surely if something has been stolen one would call the police?

In other countries-sure, but in Thailand police is on the locals` side; they are notorious for being against tourists. Just google before making assumption about calling the police_in_Thailand.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:29 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello ACR2013,

I am sorry to hear that you had a very bad experience at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.
However, for privacy and wording reasons, our moderator starflyergold edited some part of your message.
Now coming back to your issue, you may not be satisfied with your stay, however I encourage you to give me all details and information via Private Message. I will be able to transfer all of it to Accor customer service and hopefully "speed up" the answer process.

Now, I don't know if you were actually robbed or not in your room, but in any case I will assist you as best as I can.
Thank you for your understanding and I am waiting to hear from you via PM.

Nathan
Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I stayed at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit for five nights. Hotel staff managed to steal cash out of my wallet twice, both times while I was at Millesime club lounge (only those folks knew that I was out of my room, once I had a DND light on, which didn`t prevent entering my room), thus it could be not just the housekeepers. My room was on the 12th floor, and the lounge on the 31st.

When I realized that I was actually robbed, I immediately called guest services and requested a lock interrogation. MOD & security came without any surprise on their faces and MOD performed lock interrogation. I was then promised to be contacted the next morning. Nobody called. I then called myself and spoke with a female <edited>, who again promised me to provide me with camera and lock interrogation history “before my departure”. Nobody apologized once. Nobody contacted me once.

Meanwhile, I contacted corporate Sofitel & Accor on their Facebook pages (they removed my comments about that property, obviously, not wishing people to know that it is not safe to stay at their property in Bangkok). I then had communications via Facebook messages, where corporate Sofitel had also no luck in getting a response from the management of Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit property.
I contacted Accor via their webpage, and they created a case. I have not heard from them since they provided the case number (emailed them again-nothing).

During four days after the accident, I called several times and was told by guest service staff that a manager would call me back. I waited for hours in my room, but nobody ever called me back or left any voicemail. I departed without receiving any contact.

If you get killed at that property-nobody would care as there is no accountability and security. I strongly do not recommend Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit not only because its staff are thieves (they steal “creatively”-not the whole wallet, but a partial amount!), but because of ignorance of the management, in charge with GM, Christophe Caron, and hotel manager, Christian Schlegel.

Overall, the property is by no mean a 5* property: service is not consistent, non-smoking floors have strong smoke, smell, <edited>

I am a Platinum Accor member, and it is very sad that Accor`s reputation ruined by this nightmare experience at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.
Why isn't your wallet in the safe when you aren't in the room? And especially why didn't you use the safe after the first time? Fool me once...
Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:38 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
With all due respect but that is utter nonsense and that is speaking from experience and not from google.

In other countries-sure, but in Thailand police is on the locals` side; they are notorious for being against tourists. Just google before making assumption about calling the police_in_Thailand.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
In Thailand the tourist police exists specifically to help tourists. Although corruption is widespread, in the case of the incident taking place in a prominent 5-star hotel, I am sure that the police would have been effective in escalating things dramatically.

I would be very surprised if such an incident happened in a 5 star hotel in Thailand. Usually even the junior positions (e.g. waiters) require a degree in hotel management / hospitality and therefore, staff are usually on a reasonable salary by Thai standards. Nonetheless, isolated incidents can happen anywhere when opportunities arise (use the safe!).

Why wasn't it reported to the police within 24 hours? Otherwise, you cannot claim on your insurance although I suspect that's difficult if it happened in the room.

I am also surprised that the hotel hasn't responded to your concerns. For the sake of ensuring that the hotel's reputation isn't affected by this accusation, I urge the Accor Concierge to escalate this, investigate it with urgency and post the conclusion of the investigation of the incident here. No action would be a PR nightmare.

I will be staying at Sofitel Sukhumwit hotel later this month. Despite this incident, the wonderful pre-arrival service leading up to this stay and my experiences on previous visits mean I am still very much looking forward to my stay.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I will be staying at Sofitel Sukhumwit hotel later this month. Despite this incident, the wonderful pre-arrival service leading up to this stay and my experiences on previous visits mean I am still very much looking forward to my stay.
Pre-arrival service? I am staying there in 1 week and have not heard anything from the hotel. What sort of service are you receiving?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Dear ACR2013,

Some travel advice:
Please check your wallet before leaving your room and stick a note into your wallet stating how much money resides in your wallet.
When you come back to your room check again and call security if money has disappeared.

Alternatively, you could lock your wallet into the room safe, that's what I do, also in 5* properties, never had money stolen this way (after 1000+ hotel nights), and yes, I will stay at the Sukhumvit Sofitel early January...

Don't tempt the devil...

I had my wallet (all of it) stolen on the Barcelona Ramblas (stupid me)
and from my own private office at work whilst workers were doing some maintenance work in the building

Yeah, what pre-arrival service???
The mail you get a few days before?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Very serious allegations indeed.

If there indeed has been a case number filed, then Accor HQ should waste no time pressing the property to hand over their internal investigation reports. I hope Accor Concierge would clear the air once he has a clearer picture.

That said, there should be a police report as travel insurance would cover loss of wallet / stolen cash if there is a police report filed as documentation.

Lastly, a good reminder to use the safebox when away, and lock the rooms from inside when in the room.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:30 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Thank you everyone for all your contributions and support on this issue ^

I have not received anything from ACR, so I have to assume that he did get an answer to his messages to the Accor Customer Service team. Is that right ACR2013?

Cheers,
Nathan
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Thank you everyone for all your contributions and support on this issue ^

I have not received anything from ACR, so I have to assume that he did get an answer to his messages to the Accor Customer Service team. Is that right ACR2013?

Cheers,
Nathan
Correct. I haven`t sent you the case (s) or any details as of right now. Corporate Accor has assured me that Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit would be seriously talked to and possibly even fined. They are not happy with how the property handling the case and how unprofessional their management is. They are very disturbed to hear about that accident and the whole experience.

I got a response from the property, where a manager said that investigation proved that housekeepers entered my room for a turn down (evening service) at the time of the robbery I stated, but he said that housekeeper said that the room was clean and she spent there three minutes only; she also said she didn`t see any money (sure!). For that reason the manager believes that three minutes is not enough time to steal, especially since the housekeeper "didn`t see any money". To me, it is a B.S.

I sure can provide you with a case number, but is your position is above those folks who monitor Facebook and forward to appropriate department?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Very serious allegations indeed.

If there indeed has been a case number filed, then Accor HQ should waste no time pressing the property to hand over their internal investigation reports. I hope Accor Concierge would clear the air once he has a clearer picture.

That said, there should be a police report as travel insurance would cover loss of wallet / stolen cash if there is a police report filed as documentation.

Lastly, a good reminder to use the safebox when away, and lock the rooms from inside when in the room.
Yes, I really hope Accor will look into Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit very seriously. Accor works very hard to build and keep it`s reputation, and it`s a shame that they associated with such unethical people (starting from the management!).

I am really shocked by how poorly that property handling the case and how unprofessional they are. Honestly, the worst experience ever in my life, not only because I was robbed first time in my life at a hotel, but the whole picture is simply disgusting to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.