Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Almost. According to the guest relation officer I just met, the remaining rooms on the top floors will be finished in December.

The hotel looks great. The rooms are beautiful.
But they took the awesome lounger chair out of the rooms :_((((
Old Nov 8, 2023, 9:34 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by escape4
As great as it looks, what keeps me away is the lack of suite upgrades for Accor Diamond. I had one during covid but had to twist arms so I can imagine now the odds would be fairly low. There are too many hotels in Bangkok who upgrade generously for me to pick this one, I cannot get myself to pull the trigger on this one until I read more positive reports.
Which Bangkok true 5* hotels will upgrade to suite without reason?
Old Nov 9, 2023, 12:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Which Bangkok true 5* hotels will upgrade to suite without reason?
I would not say "without reason" but rather "because of status with hotel chain". In Bangkok I get suite upgrades at the following hotels based on status, provided that suites are available at time of check-in of course:

St.Regis
W
JW Marriott
Athenee
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Madi Paidi (Autograph Collection)
Waldorf Astoria
Park Hyatt
Kimpton Maa-Lai
Sofitel SO
Banyan Tree

Not sure if you consider these brands 5* or not, but I would also note that I also get suite upgrades at these hotels as well:
Grand Hyatt
Hyatt Regency
Marriott Surawongse
Le Meridien (in the city)
Le Meridien (at the airport)

So that's a very long list of generous hotels and I might be forgetting a few, consequently Sofitel Sukhumvit not providing suite upgrades to Diamonds (if that is still the case), sticks out like a sore thumb and is not competitive in this city. Another notoriously stingy hotel in Bangkok is InterContinental so when I have a particularly stay where I care about the upgrade, I avoid IC and Sofitel Sukhumvit and there are plenty of other valid choices to choose from.
remymartin likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 9:35 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
photos from renovated rooms and venues in this sponsored content:
Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit ascends to new luxurious horizons (bangkokpost.com)
Old Nov 11, 2023, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
photos from renovated rooms and venues in this sponsored content:
Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit ascends to new luxurious horizons (bangkokpost.com)
it looks very nice.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
Planning to book three nights here under Accor's STEP program. However, I'm debating whether or not I should fork out the extra monies for Club Millesime access, particularly if STEP offers complimentary breakfast and $100 credit (which I could use on drinks).

The price difference is £150 for the entire stay, and to be honest I'm not sure if my group and I can 'eat up' this value, particularly as Thailand is reasonably priced.

Does anyone have any recent experiences of the Club Millesime that they can share? Is it worth the extra £50 per night?

I am also ALL Gold (plus I think STEP brags about complimentary upgrades anyway), is the hotel likely to upgrade to a room with Club Millesime access (e.g. Luxury to Club Luxury as opposed to Luxury to Magnifique)? What is likely the upgrade offered when booking in their cheapest room?

Final question is - is it worth £200 per night (or around £160 for three nights)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:28 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Stayed there in December. Always have been upgrade to the club floor. Honestly, I enjoy taking my breakfast downstairs in the main restaurant, better selection of food choices and the mezzanine floor makes it feel more open and airier. The afternoon high tea is fine and the evening snacks are good but the two hot plates are hit or miss.
If you have a $100 f&b credit, the Belge Cafe on the roof would be the perfect place to take your drinks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.