Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheShis
by all means, cancel your reservations if you can, and head for So Sofitel, instead.
Sorry to read about your experience and it really does not sound good

Will still stay there as we wan`t the Sukhumvit location.

Have 4 nights at the So Sofitel as well in a So Lofty Suite, so will try to make a comparable review and post it here afterwards.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:30 am

Smile

Originally Posted by SASDC8
Sorry to read about your experience and it really does not sound good

Will still stay there as we wan`t the Sukhumvit location.

Have 4 nights at the So Sofitel as well in a So Lofty Suite, so will try to make a comparable review and post it here afterwards.
You will LOVE So Sofitel - it is heavenly.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
but everyone in the hotel (including the hotel's manager and the GM) - simply DON'T CARE. Other than "sorry for the inconveniences" there was no real customer-care at all.
waouhh . A really bad experience. At Sofitel So, they really care about problems and customers, although I did not face such problems hopefully. I just stayed at the So and will post my review ASAP in the corresponding thread. I had a quick look at Sukhumvit to see how it looked like and I even had a lunch at the restaurant at the 1st floor. I found the interiors really nice and chic.

Last edited by Goldorak; Sep 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
The bedroom door's lock was broken and the door was closed shut - took 30 minutes to get it to open (with the personal butler stuck inside and us not being able to have a shower upon arrival). There was no mini-bar in the room. There were no hot water in the room!!! There was no way to turn off the lights in the bedroom. At all!!! They tried to fix it starting at 2AM, but were unsuccesfull. We had to switch rooms at 3 in the morning!
Shocking! Didn't the "butler" notice this upon entering the room or did you check-in after midnight?

For all the trouble I went through, they gave me the first night complimentary (the refund took almost a month to process...), but everyone in the hotel (including the hotel's manager and the GM) - simply DON'T CARE. Other than "sorry for the inconveniences" there was no real customer-care at all.
A rather nonchalant attitude in service recovery. I guess they've lost a chance to make a customer happy and for future custom as well.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:35 pm

[QUOTE=RJ77;19391532]Shocking! Didn't the "butler" notice this upon entering the room or did you check-in after midnight?

RJ - we noticed the jammed/broken lock upon check-in, but oddly enough, we didn't find the problematic lights until we went to bed... .
And yeah, I also find the term "personal butler" a bit too much for me, and I've never used her services (I just called reception, instead).
Old Sep 27, 2012, 8:04 pm

I rather enjoyed my stay there 2 months ago, but a call to butler/reception/concierge was not answered within 10-15 rings. There were times when I just hung up.

I recalled a silly conversation that happened one afternoon. I dialed '0' or 'service' (I don't think there was a button for concierge) -- asking to be connected to the Concierge.

Operator: Sure I can, but what is it you need? Maybe I can help.
Me: I need a dinner reservation.
Operator: Oh hold, let me connect you to the Concierge.

10 second wait

Another voice: Hello, how can I help you?
Me: Hi, could you help me make a dinner reservation, please.
AV: You need to call Concierge for that.
Me: Oh, I thought I was being connected to Concierge
AV: No, this is Front Desk.
Me: Sorry, could you connect me to Concierge please?
AV: No, you have to dial 5555 (or some random 4 digit extension number)
Me: You can't transfer me?
AV: No, you have to dial 5555

I like the room, though
Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
For all the trouble I went through, they gave me the first night complimentary (the refund took almost a month to process...), but everyone in the hotel (including the hotel's manager and the GM) - simply DON'T CARE. Other than "sorry for the inconveniences" there was no real customer-care at all.
Sorry to hear your bad experience. That is quite disappointing.

I stayed there last June, and had quite a pleasant experience. The room and bathroom was quite large. Bigger and nicer than Conrad for sure.
I didn't stay that long, as i have to leave really early, but service-wise, i thought it's fairly decent. And i did like the location at Sukhumvit.

The only problem was they at first resisted giving me upgrade to club floor, claiming it's full (i'm Plat). After a bit back and forth, they did give it to me.
They said it's on new floor that's just opened. Good thing i didn't have your bad experience.

I also echoed the sentiment about the phone service. I forgot what i asked, but it took really time to have someone answer the phone. Maybe they're understaffed.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:42 am

Spent another 2 nights recently. Upgrade to club level as a Platinum. No welcome amenity this time. Overall a pleasant stay.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:37 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
My photos of this property can be found here for those who are interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7631773410030/
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Kalboz
My photos of this property can be found here for those who are interested
Thanks for sharing your pictures of both hotels
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:29 am

Any recent reviews?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Currently staying here. As a Accor Thailand first-timer I can only compare with competing properties.

to summarise - I thoroughly like this property, but at their current rates, I can find similar Or better hotels.

The good
- Great location near two BTS stations. Ok, there's no direct BTS access unlike some hotels, but I can live with walking 3 minutes
- The service is very friendly and attentive in both the lobby and the bars.
- There's a skybar on the 32nd floor that isn't crowdy.
- Nice views on higher floors.
- Tastefully French décor.
- Nice lounge.
- Beautiful room. Hérmes toiletries.
- fantastic pool area. Smoker friendly ^

The bad
- Didn't get turndown. Didn't get morning paper... Yes, i am contradicting myself with my previous comment about service
- It's a bit too expensive
Old Mar 9, 2013, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
Currently staying here. As a Accor Thailand first-timer I can only compare with competing properties.

to summarise - I thoroughly like this property, but at their current rates, I can find similar Or better hotels.

The good
- Great location near two BTS stations. Ok, there's no direct BTS access unlike some hotels, but I can live with walking 3 minutes
- The service is very friendly and attentive in both the lobby and the bars.
- There's a skybar on the 32nd floor that isn't crowdy.
- Nice views on higher floors.
- Tastefully French décor.
- Nice lounge.
- Beautiful room. Hérmes toiletries.
- fantastic pool area. Smoker friendly ^

The bad
- Didn't get turndown. Didn't get morning paper... Yes, i am contradicting myself with my previous comment about service
- It's a bit too expensive
Examples?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Examples?
The Hansar Bangkok usually has rates for a nice suite that starts below 5.000 THB per night

Last edited by olisch; Mar 9, 2013 at 7:26 pm
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Examples?
Any SPG property gives me a suite for about 4000-5000++.

By the way your writing is very Finnish!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.