Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:33 am

I saw some really nice prices w/the some of the Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Ebookers codes out there at this property. LINK:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...o-etc-176.html Decided to try the Continent instead though.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:30 pm

Quick update:

Stayed in the Sofitel Sukhumvit recently and was upgraded as follows:

Booked: Standard room ("Luxury Room") on promotional rate w/o breakfast
Received: Club room ("Luxury Room Club Millesime"), including lounge access and buffet breakfast. Was the corner room 2X01, which looks to be pretty much exactly the room you see on the Sofitel webpage.

As an interesting aside, I e-mailed regarding some administrative matters (late arrive, need for smoking room, etc), and the customer service picked up on my Plat status and told me that while upgrades are subject to availability, they will always grant club privileges to Plats even if there are no rooms available for an upgrade. As far as I can see, the primary difference for club rooms over standard rooms are Hermes (instead of L'Occitane), an expresso machine, and a Bose sound system hooked up to your TV.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Another great stay

I recently stayed here for the 4th time and it's clear that they really reward platinums with repeat stays. Received another double upgrade and for the first time, was led directly from the front desk to my suite to check in. What a great experience. I can't wait to return.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Staying at Sofitel Sukhumvit richt now

Staying at Sofitel Sukhumvit right now.
Booked standard luxury room promotion 4 nights pay 3(although comparing prices 3 nights versus 4 I have doubts the 4th to be free)
Anyway, upgraded at check-in to club milesisme with breakfast thrown in. Original floor was 11, changed to 25.
We have our 2.5 years young with us and the staff are crazy when they see her.
Excellent stay I must say, have two more Bangkok trips planned later this year and one will be here at this Sofitel, we might go to Pullman G Pattaya for the other trip.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:43 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tartempion
Staying at Sofitel Sukhumvit right now.
Booked standard luxury room promotion 4 nights pay 3(although comparing prices 3 nights versus 4 I have doubts the 4th to be free)
Anyway, upgraded at check-in to club milesisme with breakfast thrown in. Original floor was 11, changed to 25.
We have our 2.5 years young with us and the staff are crazy when they see her.
Excellent stay I must say, have two more Bangkok trips planned later this year and one will be here at this Sofitel, we might go to Pullman G Pattaya for the other trip.
OT:

In Asia overall they love young kids - my 5yo daughter names the countries we travel to not by the name of the city/country but by the hotel's name and the lounge ladies' name
Sometimes I feel like asking "dont you want to babysit my daughter for the evening while I have a quiet dinner with my wife"
Old Jul 21, 2013, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I recently stayed here for the 4th time and it's clear that they really reward platinums with repeat stays. Received another double upgrade and for the first time, was led directly from the front desk to my suite to check in. What a great experience. I can't wait to return.
Some may suggest that they should reward Platinums irrespective of how many times they have stayed at the property.

As mentioned in an earlier post, my experience with this property was not a positive one - including no recognition. The Lounge staff were nice, but the service and other aspects of my stay left a lot to be desired.

Completely different from my excellent experience with the Sofitel Saigon Plaza a few days earlier.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Does anyone know if pressing is an executive lounge benefit at Sofitel Sukhumvit?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by passy777
Some may suggest that they should reward Platinums irrespective of how many times they have stayed at the property.
I agree, and received an upgrade to a Millesime room with lounge access during my first stay. Did you request an upgrade or at least lounge access? You shouldn't have to, but I would definitely ask if they don't offer it to you.

Originally Posted by olisch
Does anyone know if pressing is an executive lounge benefit at Sofitel Sukhumvit?
I don't think this has been offered as a benefit.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:19 pm

Pressing services is indeed a lounge benefit. 2 pieces per stay (but just pressing, no laundry).
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:04 pm

I've posted a brief review and some pics here
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Doing my first stay at the Sofitel Sukhumvit in mid-Dec. A longtime loyal Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit patron - but I'm at 100 nights with SPG and since I don't get anything more, thought I'd stay someplace else. Might as well put my Plat benefits to the test. So what should I expect? Free breakfast, happy hour/lounge access?, free internet?, late check out?, upgrade?. What is guaranteed - what is on availability?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:12 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Doing my first stay at the Sofitel Sukhumvit in mid-Dec. A longtime loyal Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit patron - but I'm at 100 nights with SPG and since I don't get anything more, thought I'd stay someplace else. Might as well put my Plat benefits to the test. So what should I expect? Free breakfast, happy hour/lounge access?, free internet?, late check out?, upgrade?. What is guaranteed - what is on availability?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/le-cl...corhotels.html
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So what should I expect?
Being a Platinum Member myself I got the following at Sofitel Sukhumvit on 4 different stays:

- upgrade to executive room
- access to executive lounge
- free breakfast at restaurant
- free internet
- early check in at 10:30 am (once)
- late check out at 3 pm (twice)
- fruit basket

Here are the benefits for the excutive room

I stayed at SGS as well (albeit a couple of years ago when I was a Starwood Gold Member) and I'd choose Sofitel over SGS any day.

Last edited by olisch; Nov 20, 2013 at 10:02 pm
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Very unhelpful. I know what the standard benefits are - what I wanted to know is what this particular hotel offers based on people's experiences. The response below was what I was looking for.

Originally Posted by olisch
Being a Platinum Member myself I got the following at Sofitel Sukhumvit on 4 different stays:

- upgrade to executive room
- access to executive lounge
- free breakfast at restaurant
- free internet
- early check in at 10:30 am (once)
- late check out at 3 pm (twice)
- fruit basket

Here are the benefits for the excutive room

I stayed at SGS as well (albeit a couple of years ago when I was a Starwood Gold Member) and I'd choosed Sofitel over SGS any day.
Thanks, now I know what to expect. Much appreciated. Since the SGS is currently my fave hotel in Bangkok, really looking forward to seeing a hotel that some think is better.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:09 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
It IS better
I've stayed in both. The Club lounge in the Sofitel is hard to beat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.