Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I stayed here for one more night. This time I was upgraded to a Petit Suite. This is a really nice corner suite with a small living room and a separate bedroom.

I cannot fathom that there still was no morning paper or turndown service. Where's the attention to detail? Especially since I informed the FDA about this yesterday!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin
Especially since I informed the FDA about this yesterday!
FDA
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
FDA
Front Desk Agent?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:18 pm

Any SPG property gives me a suite for about 4000-5000++.

By the way your writing is very Finnish!
How is that? Could you name a few properties that has better price/value ratio like your post indicated? In my opinion Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit is quite well priced. Sure i would like it to be cheaper but THB is historically quite strong against EUR/USD so that tends to push prices higher.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Front Desk Agent?
^
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by joorinainen
How is that? Could you name a few properties that has better price/value ratio like your post indicated? In my opinion Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit is quite well priced. Sure i would like it to be cheaper but THB is historically quite strong against EUR/USD so that tends to push prices higher.
Only a Finn can compress a sentence into one word

OK, a few suggestions:
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit goes for about 4800++
Le Méridien about 3900++
W Bangkok 5200++
The Landmark, albeit a bit dated, is around 4000++
St Regis about 6160++
Banyan Tree under 5800++
Lebua usually under 5800++
Plaza Athénée under 4k
Swissotel Nai Lert under 4k
Conrad around 5k

The Four Seasons can sometimes be had for interesting rates
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:42 pm

Only a Finn can compress a sentence into one word

OK, a few suggestions:
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit goes for about 4800++
Le Méridien about 3900++
W Bangkok 5200++
The Landmark, albeit a bit dated, is around 4000++
St Regis about 6160++
Banyan Tree under 5800++
Lebua usually under 5800++
Plaza Athénée under 4k
Swissotel Nai Lert under 4k
Conrad around 5k

The Four Seasons can sometimes be had for interesting rates
I did a bit of comparison and took random dates in May, 8-11 to be exact. Wednesday to Saturday. I used EUR and picked out the cheapest room category for two people.

Sofitel Sukhumvit 366eur
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit 478eur
Le Meridien (Surawong) 380eur
W Bangkok 457eur
Landmark 265eur
St. Regis 521eur
Banyan Tree 339eur
Lebua at state tower 297eur
Plaza Athenee 539eur
Swissotel 197eur
Conrad 390eur
Four Seasons 536eur

Landmark, Banyan tree, Swissotel and Conrad are cheaper but in my opinion the price difference is justified. Surely if one holds a status it's a different ball game. What do you think?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by joorinainen
I did a bit of comparison and took random dates in May, 8-11 to be exact. Wednesday to Saturday. I used EUR and picked out the cheapest room category for two people.

Sofitel Sukhumvit 366eur
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit 478eur
Le Meridien (Surawong) 380eur
W Bangkok 457eur
Landmark 265eur
St. Regis 521eur
Banyan Tree 339eur
Lebua at state tower 297eur
Plaza Athenee 539eur
Swissotel 197eur
Conrad 390eur
Four Seasons 536eur

Landmark, Banyan tree, Swissotel and Conrad are cheaper but in my opinion the price difference is justified. Surely if one holds a status it's a different ball game. What do you think?
What a motley mixture of hotel choice. Out of this list, I would only consider Sofitel, St Regis and Four Seasons if they're comparable in prices. Conrad is definitely dated, was there on a mattress run (I know it's pathetic), and wished I was in Sofitel Sukhumvit.

The rate's at Sofitel has certainly gone up since it first open but I think it's still at a reasonable rate that enables it to compete with similar class hotels without undermining its image as a luxury hotel.

But more importantly, are you a Finn or not as remy speculated?

Last edited by RJ77; Mar 12, 2013 at 1:47 am
Old Mar 12, 2013, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Status of course drives these choices. 5400 baht for the IC, which if you have top status in IC is well worth it. And for the same price, using Centurion 2 for 1, you can have the absolute top Bangkok hotel experience at the Oriental.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:51 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
This year so far I stayed twice at Pullmann King Power (executive floor, am platinum upgraded to suite)
Booked for 4 nights at Sofitel Suk luxury room, promotion book 4 nights pay for 3.
Curious to see if we will get upgraded to club floor, I find the breakfast a tad expensive.

Next trip to BKK planned for October, might book Sofitel SO depending on experience Sofitel Suk.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by tartempion
Next trip to BKK planned for October, might book Sofitel SO depending on experience Sofitel Suk.
Can definitely recommend the So - have stayed twice and it's the best Sofitel I've stayed at (currently at the Sofitel Wentworth Sydney and lamenting its not the So Bangkok I was at 2 weeks ago)
Old Jun 10, 2013, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by tartempion
This year so far I stayed twice at Pullmann King Power (executive floor, am platinum upgraded to suite)
Booked for 4 nights at Sofitel Suk luxury room, promotion book 4 nights pay for 3.
Curious to see if we will get upgraded to club floor, I find the breakfast a tad expensive.
Knock on wood... I'm 3 for 3 for lounge access and 2 for 3 for room upgrades at this hotel. Only on my second visit did I have to request lounge access and they gave it to me (but no room upgrade). The others were automatic. I was upgraded to a Prestige Suite on my last visit, which was fantastic. Enjoy!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 5:33 am

I really like the breakfast at Pullmann King Power. It is better than in Sofitel Sukhumvit in my opinion.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:13 am

First post after YEARS of lurking!

I noticed that Sofitel Sukhumvit has added a "new" tier of rooms - being their standard rooms with a better park view. Have any Plats stayed there recently booked on a standard room and only been upgraded to one of these?

I really hope not as I rather liked the Sofitel Sukhumvit (even more than the SGS - the heresy!), but find lounge access fairly useful.

(In any event I'm booked in what appears to be their last standard king bed room from 6-9/Jul as the accor site now only shows availability for their twins. Will report back on how things are. I'm 1 for 2 upgrades wise. Once they insisted their club rooms were all full and only gave me lounge access.)

PS. anyone knows what's happening to the Grand Sukhumvit by Accor? No participation in the recent sale, no availability on the Accor site. Was one of my favourite budget choices in BKK!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I was once upgraded from standard room to a higher floor park view room. I tried looking out of the window for a park, something along the lines of Lumpini park, all I saw was a small war memorial park-like, uhm, park across the street with an obelisk structure (at least that's what i made out to be). A bit of a sham marketing I'd say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.